More Proof that lockdowns are political not based on science

Biden’s senior coronavirus response adviser, could not explain why California and Florida have similar coronavirus numbers despite taking very different approaches to dealing with the pandemic, stating that “there’s so much of this virus that we think we understand that we think we can predict, that’s just beyond, a little bit beyond our explanation.”

Harris conceded the damage inflicted on children missing out on their formative years in the classroom, but stayed vague on how the administration would ensure mitigation.

Savannah Guthrie is far from a GOP supporter. Science says schools may safely reopen. Teachers Unions want them closed and they are a huge donor to the party so the Democratic Party places money and votes over kids lives.

Lovely.....And we the voters just gave them control of the WH and Congress. Shame on all of us.

So if we both have similar numbers and they have approximately 20 million more residents it is not equal.
Percentages not numbers. Keep up.

Scandinavia is interesting to look at. They all locked down except for Sweden. Sweden has way more cases.

The highest number of confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the Nordic countries as of February 10, 2021, was in Sweden, where the number amounted to 604,577. Denmark followed with 203,365 cases, and Norway with 65,547 cases.
I believe they have more cases but how about deaths and economic impact? In MA we are locked down to a point. Restaurants at 40% capacity, same with gyms. Kids remote schooling, which sucks! Cannot attend sporting events.
Deaths bad too. Have to research economic impact.

The highest number of confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths in the Nordic countries as of February 10, 2021, had occurred in Sweden at 12,370. Denmark followed with 2,269 deaths, Finland with 708, and Norway with 592.
That is very bad....so yes, Sweden did it poorly in terms of life/death.
Economics is hard to say. Reading over this link it seems they are all hurt about the same. Other countries being locked down may have slowed Sweden . Less exports and trouble getting imports and all that.

What we know now is so much more than we did at this time last year that we should open the country IMO and allow adults to be adults. My parents already got the first vaccine dose. Those who feel unsafe stay home but the rest should be able to take the risk of going out if we so choose without the Gov't telling us what to do.
I can’t disagree with you. I’m gonna choose to lay low for a bit still, but can’t say that should be official policy. One would hope many of those who really need a vaccine now have it or already had covid.
My point is that the Gov't should no longer dictate how we live or how businesses are run. If a business wants to allow people in, it should and not just the big box stores. Those who want to lay low may but those who want to go out should be able to as well.

Biden’s senior coronavirus response adviser, could not explain why California and Florida have similar coronavirus numbers despite taking very different approaches to dealing with the pandemic, stating that “there’s so much of this virus that we think we understand that we think we can predict, that’s just beyond, a little bit beyond our explanation.”

Harris conceded the damage inflicted on children missing out on their formative years in the classroom, but stayed vague on how the administration would ensure mitigation.

Savannah Guthrie is far from a GOP supporter. Science says schools may safely reopen. Teachers Unions want them closed and they are a huge donor to the party so the Democratic Party places money and votes over kids lives.

Lovely.....And we the voters just gave them control of the WH and Congress. Shame on all of us.

Lockdowns do work. New Zealan locked the whole country down and smashed the coronavirus.

Lockdowns do work. New Zealan locked the whole country down and smashed the coronavirus.
Yep and are they locked down now? No. NZ is also a small island in comparison to the US or even many states in the US.

Lockdowns did work. Now we are much more knowledgeable and understand the virus better. Vaccines are out, many had it and have the antibodies. Time to open up!

you are an idiot, your mom should've kept you locked inside your trailer, give it up, deranged entities like you are not prepared for the new reality; President Biden won big, and pussygrabber and all his stupid followers are history...

View attachment 458799.
What does any of that have to do with the topic Al? Trump likes women. You like men. To each their own. Mentioning family members is a no no on this site. Enjoy your time off.

I’ve been thinking on this one. I do believe there is value in lock downs. But how they are done seems to be really important. The Scandinavian example clearly shows strong lock down vs no lock down. US did sort of a half ass lock down. I think that was likely a mistake. Like I mentioned my state was ok when neighbor state was bad. They locked down and suddenly their license plates are all over my state. Things went bad here. A real country wide lock down was probably needed. At this point I’m with Azog cause I think it’s spread everywhere already. Letting people use their own judgement now might be ok. Lots have had it and people are getting vaccinated. There is much we don’t know however. Why do some get it bad? Why are some super spreaders? We likely won’t know enough for some time it seems.

I’ve been thinking on this one. I do believe there is value in lock downs. But how they are done seems to be really important. The Scandinavian example clearly shows strong lock down vs no lock down. US did sort of a half ass lock down. I think that was likely a mistake. Like I mentioned my state was ok when neighbor state was bad. They locked down and suddenly their license plates are all over my state. Things went bad here. A real country wide lock down was probably needed. At this point I’m with Azog cause I think it’s spread everywhere already. Letting people use their own judgement now might be ok. Lots have had it and people are getting vaccinated. There is much we don’t know however. Why do some get it bad? Why are some super spreaders? We likely won’t know enough for some time it seems.
Same here. People from MA flocked to NH for AAU basketball, restaurants, etc. A relatively short drive from Boston and it is a completely different world.

Let's hope this guy is right:
"There is reason to think the country is racing toward an extremely low level of infection," Makary wrote. "As more people have been infected, most of whom have mild or no symptoms, there are fewer Americans left to be infected. At the current trajectory, I expect COVID will be mostly gone by April, allowing Americans to resume normal life."

Forum List

Back