More normal people with guns, more criminals getting shot during criminal attacks….good.

Suicides are not crimes nor are the defensive gun uses.

And no we wouldn't know if they are not recorded in police reports or reported on the news.

and "interact" does not mean all those people tell you everything about their lives.

and again 1000 people is .0029% of the population and most of those will not be telling you any personal details in your "interactions"
I didn't say they were crimes I said they were deaths.

But, yes, having to use a gun to defend yourself is a pretty traumatic thing. We'd hear about that if it was actually happening.

For instance, my one coworker whose son suicided told me about it even though it had happened a decade before. It was kind of a big deal in her life.

But oddly, none of these DGU's are ever mentioned.

I don't personally know of anyone who has been saved from death or traumatic injury because they were wearing a seat belt during a traffic accident. I don't doubt, however, that seat belts actually do prevent death or traumatic injury.

No, but here's the thing. I've heard about dozens of traffic accidents co-workers/friends have been involved in. They are things that actually happen. There are 6 million car accidents a year... I've personally been involved in several. So if you claim there are 1 million of 5 million DGU's, it's something we'd hear about.

I've never heard of one.

Irrelevant. And how many DGUs never get reported? You like to gloss over that don't you? If there is no police report or news coverage then you have no way of knowing.
and why do you think that the 7 or 8 in the magazine every month are the only ones in the entire country?

Well, let's look at that.

According the FBI, there are only 200 DGU's by civilians that get classified as "Justified homicide".

200. That's it.

Which means to get to the big estimates of 1 million or 5 million, or even the lower ones of 47,000, you'd have to believe that 99.6 to 99.99998% of the time, some gun fetishist finally gets to bag him a darkie, just like Zimmerman, and he doesn't do it.

Just not credible. You guys wank all day about wanting to shoot people.. it would happen more often if it were a common occurance.

But, yes, having to use a gun to defend yourself is a pretty traumatic thing. We'd hear about that if it was actually happening.

For instance, my one coworker whose son suicided told me about it even though it had happened a decade before. It was kind of a big deal in her life.

No, but here's the thing. I've heard about dozens of traffic accidents co-workers/friends have been involved in. They are things that actually happen. There are 6 million car accidents a year... I've personally been involved in several. So if you claim there are 1 million of 5 million DGU's, it's something we'd hear about.

I've never heard of one.
Not firing a gun is not traumatic.

And I never claimed there were 1 million DGUs a year.

I happen to think it's much less but it is also completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with the right to own a gun.

And like I said people don't tell you every little thing about their lives and any close friends you might have are probably as anti gun as you are so why would you think they would be using a gun at all?

So you go and obsess about DGUs but I do not because

Last edited:

According the FBI, there are only 200 DGU's by civilians that get classified as "Justified homicide".

200. That's it.

Which means to get to the big estimates of 1 million or 5 million, or even the lower ones of 47,000, you'd have to believe that 99.6 to 99.99998% of the time, some gun fetishist finally gets to bag him a darkie, just like Zimmerman, and he doesn't do it.

Just not credible. You guys wank all day about wanting to shoot people.. it would happen more often if it were a common occurance.
Lying again I see once again RETARD no one said they killed anyone.

200. That's it.

And why does a DGU have to result in a death?

oh yeah it doesn't.

And you think about other men's penises all day.

FYI I have no desire to shoot anyone but you need to live in a tiny word of your pigeonholes and assumptions because you don't have the capacity to think with any complexity.

And I never said DGUs were common the fact that such a small percentage of the population would ever even be in a situation that required a gun to be used even if it wasn't fired actually indicates that it's not that common. And once again the number of DGUs are 100% irrelevant when it comes to the right to own a firearm.

Or do you call something that happens to .029% pf the population common?

I've never heard of one.
Oddly, there have been multiple instances of sourced data on DGU's within these forums. The numbers range from hundreds of thousands to millions yearly.

That you claim you have never heard of one is irrelevant.

Not firing a gun is not traumatic.

And I never claimed there were 1 million DGUs a year.

I happen to think it's much less but it is also completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with the right to own a gun.
There is no "right to own a gun". The Second Amendment is about militias.

It is relevant if you guys are selling people on this gun being critical to home safety when they in fact cause more damage (Suicides, Domestic violence, accidents) than they solve.

And like I said people don't tell you every little thing about their lives and any close friends you might have are probably as anti gun as you are so why would you think they would be using a gun at all?

So you go and obsess about DGUs but I do not because

I had to fend off a burglar is kind of a big deal, and if it really happened, people would talk about it in the office, etc.

Most of my friends aren't gun fetishists, (except one guy), but they aren't really anti-gun, either.

And why does a DGU have to result in a death?

oh yeah it doesn't.

And you think about other men's penises all day.

FYI I have no desire to shoot anyone but you need to live in a tiny word of your pigeonholes and assumptions because you don't have the capacity to think with any complexity.

And I never said DGUs were common the fact that such a small percentage of the population would ever even be in a situation that required a gun to be used even if it wasn't fired actually indicates that it's not that common. And once again the number of DGUs are 100% irrelevant when it comes to the right to own a firearm.

Or do you call something that happens to .029% pf the population common?

It is relevant if you guys are selling people on this gun being critical to home safety when they in fact cause more damage (Suicides, Domestic violence, accidents) than they solve.

I had to fend off a burglar is kind of a big deal, and if it really happened, people would talk about it in the office, etc.

Most of my friends aren't gun fetishists, (except one guy), but they aren't really anti-gun, either.
I'm not going to quibble semantics with you . The rights of the PEOPLE is the subject of the Bill of Rights not the rights of the government or of the states. Start another thread if you want.

A gun is a tool and it happens to be the best tool for self defense.

SCOTUS has ruled that the police are not legally obligated to come to your aid. So knowing that and still choosing to be defenseless is felony stupidity.

and like I said when you are on such terms with at least .3% of the people in the country maybe your anecdotes about what other people tell you would matter but as of now they just don't.

You've got it in reverse.

There are 45,000 gun deaths a year. That's a statistically small number, yet most of us know of at least one person who died from a gunshot. I personally know of three.

If there were really really 1.1 million DGU's a year, we'd all know of a lot of them.

Yet I have never heard a coworker, a neighbor, a friend or a family member tell me about that time that they used their gun to scare off a criminal. And I interact with thousands of people.
I have never known a single person that died from a gunshot and I am 57 yrs old,,

why would anyone tell you anything??

The Supreme Court disagrees with you on the right to own a firearm and excuse me if I take their opinion higher than yours retard.

I know one person that committed suicide with a firearm he was my former stepdad he couldnt handle life and gave up. My sister found him. That is a cowards way out suicide is always wrong. But it is not a reason to ban firearms. I spent 10 years fighting my suicidal thoughts till we found the right meds for my mental problems. My will power was great enough that during those 10 years I owned possessed and kept firearms.

Because woke is a mental disorder.....

I don't personally know of anyone who has been saved from death or traumatic injury because they were wearing a seat belt during a traffic accident. I don't doubt, however, that seat belts actually do prevent death or traumatic injury.

How come I don't know about the three people you claim died from gun violence? You're just making that up, right?

Exactly, and how many people in actual accidents who were wearing seat belts would have died without them? We will never know, yet the seat belt is considered an important tool for saving lives...

200. That's it.

Deaths........1.1 million times a year doesn't mean deaths...they mean the victim showed the criminal their gun, or drew their gun and pointed it at the criminal and they ran away........or the victim held the criminal for police......or, if the criminal was really stupid, they continued to attack, knowing the victim was armed, and was shot at, then ran away, or they were hit and merely wounded.....

you lying hack.

the lowest number was 80,000 defensive gun uses from the National Criminal Victimization Survey.......a number only reached because the NCVS doesn't use the word gun in any of the questions, and does not specifically ask one question about using a gun for self defense.......

The disadvantages of this study design are:

1) the study is not specifically designed to measure DGUs;

2) the study does not track every type of crime.

3) the study does not ask every interviewee about episodes of DGU;

4) interviewees are not specifically asked about defending themselves with a gun;

5) follow-up studies have demonstrated that the incidence of assault (and especially assaults by relatives and non-strangers) in the NCVS is under-reported, and if crime is under-reported then so too will DGUs be under-reported;

6) respondents’ anonymity is not preserved, and some interviewees may therefore feel wary or unwilling to discuss gun use with federal government employees.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...rt-III-The-National-Crime-Victimization-Study

I have never known a single person that died from a gunshot and I am 57 yrs old,,

why would anyone tell you anything??

You see, when you are out in the real world, people babble about the mundane parts of their lives... Their gripes with their neighbors or the towns or whatever.

And you know what they never talk about? That really cool time they faced down a burglar with a gun

Because it never happens.

You see, when you are out in the real world, people babble about the mundane parts of their lives... Their gripes with their neighbors or the towns or whatever.

And you know what they never talk about? That really cool time they faced down a burglar with a gun

your secluded life is none of my business,,

Deaths........1.1 million times a year doesn't mean deaths...they mean the victim showed the criminal their gun, or drew their gun and pointed it at the criminal and they ran away........or the victim held the criminal for police......or, if the criminal was really stupid, they continued to attack, knowing the victim was armed, and was shot at, then ran away, or they were hit and merely wounded.....

you lying hack.

the lowest number was 80,000 defensive gun uses from the National Criminal Victimization Survey.......a number only reached because the NCVS doesn't use the word gun in any of the questions, and does not specifically ask one question about using a gun for self defense.......

Um, yeah... statement stands.

We have 6 million car accidents a year. I know all about which of my coworkers have been in car accidents. Car accidents are a common occurrence, and people talk about them.

If it was happening a million times a year, then people would talk about it. We'd all know of that co-worker or that family member who had to chase a bad guy off with a gun.

And... no. I don't know a single person who has ever told a story like that. Even my coworkers who are nutty gun fetishists.

It's been pointed out repeatedly for you that your nonsensical, ".....because I say so", arguments are pointless and false.

But here you are again, pointless and false.

I know of one case that happened to a close friend when I was in the Army. He used a Colt Dragoon black powder pistol to hold an armed burglar until the police arrived to arrest him. In case you don't know what that is, it's Mattie's father's pistol from the original True Grit.
I personally faced down a knife armed criminal with my own knife. No one was injured or killed so it was never reported. He was shocked when a victim pulled his own knife even though I was in Army fatigues at the time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back