more non union, low paid, $20~$48 dollar an hour jobs moving to South carolina.

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Say it ain't so....

Automation company to create 56 jobs in new facility at Pickens County Commerce Park

Pickens County technology students, county incentives, and a box of South Carolina peaches.

Those were the clinchers that sealed the deal with JR Automation Technologies in investing $3.4 million to build a plant that will employ 88 and create 56 new jobs.

The company, which manufactures machinery and equipment that helps other manufacturers improve their efficiency, will begin construction soon a 50,000-square-foot facility on a 150,000-square-foot site at the Pickens County Commerce Park near Liberty, according to CEO Bryan Jones.

--------------------------------------------------

The median home cost in Pickens County is $115,100. Home appreciation the last year has been 2.70 percent. Pickens County public schools spend $17,485 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $12,435.
Best Places to Live in Pickens County, South Carolina
www.bestplaces.net › county › pickens

images

images

images

images

America has near record 5.8 million job openings

Skills gets you a job. That's all there is to it.

My dad was an Automation engineer in chicago , most all the hicago automation plants moved or closed., he was going to retire in the mid 1990s..he moved to south carolina 1st, then I sold my condo and moved down here 6 years latter.

So what does that tell you?

Two: my dad never went to college and like I said he retired as an automation engineer making over $100,000 a year.

Three: I only went to school to become a machinist ...but I ended up being an Industrial maintenance technician..
Hydraulics, electronics, injection molding , automation and robotics came naturally to me, I never had any formal training.just 30 plus years on the job and seminars.

Three: Oh yea pickens county has this

images

TCTC: Home

America has near record 5.8 million job openings

Skills gets you a job. That's all there is to it.
No, that's not all to it.

Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary
The number of job openings was little changed at 5.6 million on the last business day of June, the U.S.

Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Hires and separations were little changed at 5.1 million and 4.9 million, respectively. Within separations, the quits rate was 2.0 percent and the layoffs and discharges rate was 1.1 percent. This release includes estimates of the number and rate of job openings, hires, and separations for the nonfarm sector by industry and by four geographic regions.

Large numbers of hires and separations occur every month throughout the business cycle. Net employment change results from the relationship between hires and separations. When the number of hires exceeds the number of separations, employment rises, even if the hires level is steady or declining.

Conversely, when the number of hires is less than the number of separations, employment declines, even if the hires level is steady or rising. Over the 12 months ending in June, hires totaled 62.3 million and separations totaled 59.8 million, yielding a net employment gain of 2.5 million.