More lies from the anti-gun extremists….

The ATF should have been disbanded when prohibition was repealed.
The AFT no longer does its job. Their main job just like the letters in their department says
Alcohol first
Tobacco second and firearms last

Per the Tenth Amendment, there has never been any legitimate reason for there to be any federal agency with responsibility over tobacco or firearms. Nowhere in the Constitution, is the federal government given any authority over those two items, and in fact, the Second Amendment explicitly denies any such authority.

The federal government had jurisdiction over alcohol, after the Eighteenth Amendment took effect, but that authority vanished when the Twenty-First took effect.

Per the Tenth Amendment, there has never been any legitimate reason for there to be any federal agency with responsibility over tobacco or firearms. Nowhere in the Constitution, is the federal government given any authority over those two items, and in fact, the Second Amendment explicitly denies any such authority.

The federal government had jurisdiction over alcohol, after the Eighteenth Amendment took effect, but that authority vanished when the Twenty-First took effect.
Yet the agency still persists. Cutting down on most things fun in America.

Actually, the Second Amendment mentions well-regulated militias, which does give the feds authority.

Nope, the Food and Drug act of 1906 and 1938 would still apply.

You work on the assumption that ONLY stuff in the constitution constitutes laws.

And wait, don't members of your cult REFRAIN from Alcohol and Tobacco? Are you saying you wouldn't do that personally, but you don't want to make decisions for others?

Wow. What a concept. Now you just need to apply that to gay sex and abortion.

Yet the agency still persists. Cutting down on most things fun in America.

43,000 gun deaths a year.
480,000 tobacco related deaths
140,000 alcohol related deaths.

Do you have any fun things to do that don't involve things that can kill you. While I don't mind you wing nuts removing yourself from the gene pool, that does sound a little harsh.

Actually, the Second Amendment mentions well-regulated militias, which does give the feds authority.

You work on the assumption that ONLY stuff in the constitution constitutes laws.

And wait, don't members of your cult REFRAIN from Alcohol and Tobacco? Are you saying you wouldn't do that personally, but you don't want to make decisions for others?

Do you have any fun things to do that don't involve things that can kill you. While I don't mind you wing nuts removing yourself from the gene pool, that does sound a little harsh.
Ever heard of the unorganized militia? Has no connect with the federal government.
Suicide is already illegal
Criminals killing criminals is illegal

Um, yeah, there is no "unorganized militia", that's the thing. When some of you nutters tried to form them, the government took a very dim view on it.
Yes there is an unorganized militia

§246. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Illegal.

Per the Tenth Amendment, the federal government only has legitimate authority over those areas where the Constitution delegates that authority thereto.

Everywhere that the federal government usurps authority that the Constitution does not delegate to it, it is acting in violation of the Tenth Amendment.

Nom, that's not what I am saying.

What I am saying is that the authority to regulate those things does not belong to the federal government.

Over a million deaths from abortion, every year. But you approve of those deaths.

Those gun deaths are majority suicide.......which means they don't fucking count.

Japan, China, South Korea, with extreme gun control have higher suicide rates than we do.........as do most European countries and Canada....

Illegal.

Per the Tenth Amendment, the federal government only has legitimate authority over those areas where the Constitution delegates that authority thereto.

Everywhere that the federal government usurps authority that the Constitution does not delegate to it, it is acting in violation of the Tenth Amendment.

Nom, that's not what I am saying.

What I am saying is that the authority to regulate those things does not belong to the federal government.

Except it does under the interstate commerce clause.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 3:[5]

[The Congress shall have Power] To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

Over a million deaths from abortion, every year. But you approve of those deaths.
Fetuses aren't people... but here's the thing, abortion IS regulated, just like Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
You have to be a licensed MD to perform one. Your clinic has to meet certain standards.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state...

What this means is that state militias need to be well enough armed to repel invasions by foreign countries and the federal government.

...the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Notice that it doesn't say army or national guard. It says people. That's because the militia is made up of the people. Strictly speaking, state governments should be supplying citizens with arms designed for war and training them on their proper use.

Have you read the 10th Amendment by any chance?

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation. It actually has medical benefits. I'm not a Christian, but even Jesus drank wine. I don't partake of tobacco and the only benefit I've heard is that it can ameliorate the effects of schizophrenia. I'd support government programs to get people off the addiction as long as the programs are well run and effective.

Two-thirds of those are suicides. We don't need gun bans; we need better mental health care.

I like to read. Maybe you should try it.

Yes there is an unorganized militia

§246. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

What happen to Joe?

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state...

What this means is that state militias need to be well enough armed to repel invasions by foreign countries and the federal government.

...the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Notice that it doesn't say army or national guard. It says people. That's because the militia is made up of the people. Strictly speaking, state governments should be supplying citizens with arms designed for war and training them on their proper use.

Then by that logic, the people shall be well regulated in who can and can't have a gun. Which means we SHOULD have stricter gun laws so that crazy people shouldn't get them.

Have you read the 10th Amendment by any chance?

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

I have Completely irrelevant... the Commerce Clause gives the Feds the ability to regulate sales of commodities.

Nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation. It actually has medical benefits. I'm not a Christian, but even Jesus drank wine. I don't partake of tobacco and the only benefit I've heard is that it can ameliorate the effects of schizophrenia. I'd support government programs to get people off the addiction as long as the programs are well run and effective.

Actually, I like a bit of the grape, but I know it isn't good for me. But at the end of the day, it's my choice. I don't have a problem with the Alcohol industry, because it promotes responsible use. It keeps the product out of the hands of minors, encourages bars to not overserve customers, etc.

Conversely, the Tobacco industry knowingly hid the dangers of their products and promoted their sale to Children to get them addicted. They reformulated cigarettes to make them more addictive.

The Gun industry knows the crazies are their best market. It isn't the guy who bought a gun once in the 1990's, stuck it back in his closet and forgot about it. It's the nut who buys dozens of guns because he thinks he needs to fight the government or criminals. In short, they saw Nancy Lanza as a key market...

Two-thirds of those are suicides. We don't need gun bans; we need better mental health care.
No, we need to limit who can have guns.

Right. The same as your relatives in The Old Country thought that Jews were not people.

Same thing, based on the same murderous hate.

Not really.

No one is rounding up fetuses and sending the to camps.

They wait for women to come in and say, "Take care of this, please!" Which they do, because a fetus isn't a person. It's a glob of tissue the size of a kidney bean when most abortions are performed.

You talk like that's a bad thing.

78% of us don't own guns, and we are just fine. In fact, we are LESS likely to be killed with a gun.

Actually, no. Organized crime continued to make money off of narcotics, prostitution, gambling, theft, etc. The NFA was a fantastic tool in helping control crime, which is why the murder rate went down.

It sprung back up again when the gun industry switched its focus from hunting weapons (because murdering small animals isn't really a "sport") to selling weapons to people who are afraid of crime... then they sold to the Criminals to keep the demand up.

Yet oddly, the numbers started going back up when Bush let it expire.
Where'd you come up with 78%? That sounds like hyper-bullshit.

Then by that logic, the people shall be well regulated in who can and can't have a gun. Which means we SHOULD have stricter gun laws so that crazy people shouldn't get them.

I have Completely irrelevant... the Commerce Clause gives the Feds the ability to regulate sales of commodities.

Actually, I like a bit of the grape, but I know it isn't good for me. But at the end of the day, it's my choice. I don't have a problem with the Alcohol industry, because it promotes responsible use. It keeps the product out of the hands of minors, encourages bars to not overserve customers, etc.

Conversely, the Tobacco industry knowingly hid the dangers of their products and promoted their sale to Children to get them addicted. They reformulated cigarettes to make them more addictive.

The Gun industry knows the crazies are their best market. It isn't the guy who bought a gun once in the 1990's, stuck it back in his closet and forgot about it. It's the nut who buys dozens of guns because he thinks he needs to fight the government or criminals. In short, they saw Nancy Lanza as a key market...

No, we need to limit who can have guns.
You don't disarm the militia. That's fucking stupid.

Forum List

Back