More Data Manipulation From the UK Met Office

Oct. 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.42 deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

As the tropical tropospheric temperatures continue to cool, the global average is finally beginning to follow suit:+0.42 deg. C for October, 2010. This is the lowest monthly temperature anomaly we’ve seen in what has been a very warm year.

For those following the race for warmest year in the satellite tropospheric temperature record (which began in 1979), 2010 is still within striking distance of the record warm year of 1998. Here are the 1998 and 2010 averages for January 1st through October 31:

1998 +0.57
2010 +0.54

Note that the difference between the two is not statistically significant…just symbolically.

Oct. 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.42 deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

As the tropical tropospheric temperatures continue to cool, the global average is finally beginning to follow suit:+0.42 deg. C for October, 2010. This is the lowest monthly temperature anomaly we’ve seen in what has been a very warm year.

For those following the race for warmest year in the satellite tropospheric temperature record (which began in 1979), 2010 is still within striking distance of the record warm year of 1998. Here are the 1998 and 2010 averages for January 1st through October 31:

1998 +0.57
2010 +0.54

Note that the difference between the two is not statistically significant…just symbolically.

Statistically insignificant, hmmmm, kind of like that temp rise by the end of the century. Eh what?

OK, Walleyes, you have made your prediction. No significant warming by the end of the century.

Now I will make one of my own. Significant warming, barring a major volcanic event, in the next five years. Along with events similiar to what we have seen this year in Pakistan and Russia.

OK, Walleyes, you have made your prediction. No significant warming by the end of the century.

Now I will make one of my own. Significant warming, barring a major volcanic event, in the next five years. Along with events similiar to what we have seen this year in Pakistan and Russia.

No poor ignorant silly person that is the IPCC's prediction, a one degree rise by the end of the century. Moreover they predict that after crippling the economies of the western nations the net result would be a one half degree drop. That is statistically insignificant. So you support the expenditure of over 100 trillion dollars for an effect that is for all intents and purposes unmeasurable.

That is their prediction, not mine. I have allready said that for the next two to three decades we are going to enjoy (not really a good word because only skiers really like the cold, and that for only a few months out of the year) a cooling trend that will no doubt elicit the old cannard of "oh my gosh we are dropping into a ice age again" hysteria from the fools (well criminals) you follow, and you and those simpletons like you, will dutifully jump on the bandwagon yet again to try and make your worthless life somehow meaningful.

I suggest you cut to the chase and start doing some extensive volunteer work with a local animal shelter or something useful like that. I am sure they can use someone of strong back and weak mind to shovel the poop out of the stalls.

Forum List

Back