More cracks in Trumps Christian act

The unchanging bible; and this is only the New Testament part of it...

What is the canon of the Bible and how did we get it?

What is the canon of the Bible and how did we get it?

The process for recognizing and collecting the books of the New Testament began in the first centuries of the Christian church. Very early on, some of the New Testament books were recognized as inspired. Paul considered Luke's writings to be as authoritative as the Old Testament (1 Timothy 5:18; see also Deuteronomy 25:4 and Luke 10:7). Peter referred to Paul's writings as Scripture (2 Peter 3:15-16). Clement of Rome mentioned at least eight New Testament books (AD 95). Ignatius of Antioch acknowledged about seven books (AD 115). Polycarp, a disciple of John the apostle, acknowledged 15 books (AD 108). Later, Irenaeus mentioned 21 books (AD 185). Hippolytus recognized 22 books (AD 170-235).

The first "canon" was the Muratorian Canon, compiled in AD 170, which included all of the New Testament books except Hebrews, James, and 3 John. The Council of Laodicea (AD 363) concluded that only the Old Testament (along with the Apocrypha) and the 27 books of the New Testament were to be read in the churches. The Councils of Hippo (AD 393) and Carthage (AD 397) reaffirmed the same 27 books as authoritative.

So do tell.... which book would you suggest that the Council of Nicea changed, altered, modified, from what it said before, and what proof do you have of that?

Biblical canon

In Jerome's Prologue to Judith[68] he claims that the Book of Judith was "found by the Nicene Council to have been counted among the number of the Sacred Scriptures", which suggests that the Nicene Council did discuss what documents would number among the sacred scriptures.
Wiki

Don't you Christians realize that Trump is simply using churches as a prop to get your vote?

You mean like Obama did? And Clinton did? And Carter did? I actually had a lady tell me Carter was a great president... "He was a Sunday School teacher!".

Trump.... is a politician. He is engaged in politics. Everyone on the right wing, knows Trump is being a politician.

Of course he's just using his political stops as a prop to get votes.

obama-cover.jpg

Obama on the 2012 campaign. "Don't you Christians realize that Obama is simply using churches as a prop to get your vote?"

Hypocrite much?

Andylusion
Both the photo and the quote are lies.

What did I say that was untrue?

True for you, nothing I suppose.

True, is true for everyone. Truth is not subjective. It is either true, or it is not true. For you, for me, for everyone on this forum, for everyone on this planet.

Truth is absolute, it is intolerant, it is painful. But it is... True.

I disagree, some truths are certainly absolute but faith is a personal perspective of truth.

How about you start a thread entitled, "Only Devout Christians Know Truth" and be illuminated on your perspective.

No, if you want to believe is something else... fine. Call yourself a Buddhist, or pagan, or Confucianism, or whatever the heck faith you want.

But, if you want to say you are Christian.... there is only one version of Christian, and that's the one based on Jesus Christ, and there is only one book that reveals the faith of Jesus Christ, and that's the Bible.

Therefore, Christian, is the one who believe in Biblical Christianity. If you don't believe in that version of Christianity... then you are NOT a Christian.

Period. Period. There is no other version of Christian.

And if you doubt that, then you are wrong. The Bible says so... Jesus says so. And since Jesus Christ is the author of Christianity... then that is it.

Which version/translation of the Bible do you believe is absolute Truth, just wondering..

Check this link....

List of English Bible translations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And which religion is the "one true religion"?

So do tell.... which book would you suggest that the Council of Nicea changed, altered, modified, from what it said before, and what proof do you have of that?

Biblical canon

In Jerome's Prologue to Judith[68] he claims that the Book of Judith was "found by the Nicene Council to have been counted among the number of the Sacred Scriptures", which suggests that the Nicene Council did discuss what documents would number among the sacred scriptures.
Wiki

Isn't it odd that two people can look at the same evidence, the same facts, and come to two completely opposing conclusions?

You claim that Council of Nicea "changed" the Bible. So I asked what "changed"? You mention Book of Judith.

Now already, you lost me. When I think "change", I mean CHANGE. As in Changed from "Thou shalt not Murder" to "Thou shalt not stub your toe on chairs in the middle of the night".

When people say the Bible "changed" I am thinking of specific "it said X, now it says Y".

Even the Book of Judith wasn't "Changed" by the Council of Nicea. Was it? :)

But ok ok.... I'll bite on this....

So you say the Council of Nicea 'changed' which books of sacred texts, were bound together in the compilation know as the Bible. And you cite as proof, The Book of Judith. "found by the Nicene Council to have been counted among the number of the Sacred Scriptures"

Right?

Do you not see that you just defeated your own argument?

Think about it. There is no evidence whatsoever that the Jews considered Book of Judith to be inspired or sacred, and there are no protestants today that consider it inspired or sacred.

So, despite the fact the Council of Nicea said it was..... it wasn't before, and isn't now. You just defeated your own argument. Your exactly claim is disproved by the facts you just referenced.

Forum List

Back