Month-old child injured during Israeli raid in Kafr Qaddum

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, taking only portions of an article tells only PART of the story. The IDF didn't just flip a coin and decide to 'invade' a particular location on a whim, as the OP duplicitously suggests.

And while tear gas isn't pleasant - it is not specifically lethal, as the rockets INDISCRIMINATELY launched into Israel from Gaza, for example.

As for the tear gas being manufactured in the US, SO WHAT?????
Lots of nations make the stuff - and use it on their very own civilians. (If some fool had brought a month-old baby to some of the 'anti-war' marches in the US, there could have been a similar injury then.)

But I expect almost any occasion can be turned to 'let's demonize Israel' by those who wish to promote such hatred. And it also gives them the chance to spit venom about 'Zionists' and 'pro-Israelis'.

We all have choices to make, and investing endless hours in distorting already biased 'reports' in order to vilify and demonize whole populations is just one I wouldn't make..... It's not 'confronting injustice': it's perpetrating injustice.

I agree - so what where it's manufactured. That's a pretty stupid add-on for the OP as well as trying to make it about war crimes - tear gas is commonly used in civilian settings.

But how is this any different than the using Israeli children, injured in stone throwing incidents to demonize Palestinians and promote hatred?

I agree with what I think your sentiment is here - that the OP is using this incident to demonize, but there is also a badly injured child, who was injured because tear gas was fired at their home. He had no choice. His parents probably had no choice. Where injured Israeli toddlers receive kind words, does this baby simply get blame and vitriole?

Month-old child injured during Israeli raid in Kafr QaddumQALQILIYA

(Ma'an) -- "A 1-month-old child from the northern West Bank village of Kafr Qaddum was seriously hurt after Israeli forces fired tear gas at his family's home on Saturday night."

A spokesperson for the village's popular resistance committee Murad Ishteiwi told Ma'an that four Israeli military jeeps and a bulldozer stormed the village east of Qalqiliya overnight. The Israeli forces fired tear gas haphazardly at houses during the raid, he said."

The article reports that as a result of the excessive use of tear gas, a month-old child named Khalid Majid Jumaa began to choke and vomit from the tear gas.

Month-old child injured during Israeli raid in Kafr Qaddum | Maan News Agency

The war crime committed here is an indiscriminate attack on civilians, this crime is identified as a crime in The Fourth Geneva Convention , Protocol I, Article 51.

"2. The civilian population as such, as well as individual civilians, shall not be the object of attack. Acts or threats of violence the primary purpose of which is to spread terror among the civilian population are prohibited."

"4. Indiscriminate attacks are prohibited. Indiscriminate attacks are:(a) those which are not directed at a specific military objective;(b) those which employ a method or means of combat which cannot be directed at a specific military objective; or(c) those which employ a method or means of combat the effects of which cannot be limited as required by this Protocol; and consequently, in each such case, are of a nature to strike military objectives and civilians or civilian objects without distinction."

</title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/xsp/.ibmxspres/.mini/css/@Da&@Ib&2Tfxsp.css&2TfxspLTR.css.css"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/xsp/.ibmxspres/dojoroot-1.6.1/dojo/dojo.js" djConfig="locale: 'fr-ch'"></script> <script type=

Sad.

Wonder if the soldiers found the terrorist they were looking for in that raid.

No problem. All Palestinians are terrorists to those assholes.

More Tinmore bullshit

Month-old child injured during Israeli raid in Kafr QaddumQALQILIYA

(Ma'an) -- "A 1-month-old child from the northern West Bank village of Kafr Qaddum was seriously hurt after Israeli forces fired tear gas at his family's home on Saturday night."

A spokesperson for the village's popular resistance committee Murad Ishteiwi told Ma'an that four Israeli military jeeps and a bulldozer stormed the village east of Qalqiliya overnight. The Israeli forces fired tear gas haphazardly at houses during the raid, he said."

The article reports that as a result of the excessive use of tear gas, a month-old child named Khalid Majid Jumaa began to choke and vomit from the tear gas.

Month-old child injured during Israeli raid in Kafr Qaddum | Maan News Agency

The war crime committed here is an indiscriminate attack on civilians, this crime is identified as a crime in The Fourth Geneva Convention , Protocol I, Article 51.

"2. The civilian population as such, as well as individual civilians, shall not be the object of attack. Acts or threats of violence the primary purpose of which is to spread terror among the civilian population are prohibited."

"4. Indiscriminate attacks are prohibited. Indiscriminate attacks are:(a) those which are not directed at a specific military objective;(b) those which employ a method or means of combat which cannot be directed at a specific military objective; or(c) those which employ a method or means of combat the effects of which cannot be limited as required by this Protocol; and consequently, in each such case, are of a nature to strike military objectives and civilians or civilian objects without distinction."

</title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/xsp/.ibmxspres/.mini/css/@Da&@Ib&2Tfxsp.css&2TfxspLTR.css.css"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/xsp/.ibmxspres/dojoroot-1.6.1/dojo/dojo.js" djConfig="locale: 'fr-ch'"></script> <script type=

Sad.

Are you an idiot?

IDF raid villages based on previous information they recieve.

They don't enter Palestinian villages, risking themselves in the process, just because they feel like.

Sherri - you only cut and pasted a portion of the article.

So could it be that, as we see so often, "Palestinian" arabs create the problems they later whine about?

That's a bit like claiming that when Israeli children are injured in clashes - such as by stone throwers - they created the problem by being there in occupied territory.

None of those kids had any choice about it. I can't imagine the effect of tear gas on a one-month old infant.

That's a bit like not addressing the issue.

A "raid" by IDF troops would have been prompted by some bit of intelligence data or an active investigation. If the "Palestinian" terrorists baited the IDF forces, knowing full well there would be a response to aggression by "Pal" arabs, why make excuses for the "Pal" arabs when they got a response from the IDF, as they expected?

The issue - the primary part of the topic is that an infant was badly injured. Basically, your response is little different from those who blame the families for injuries suffered by the children of Israeli settlers because they are living in occupied territories - a war zone.

He's pure evil, but is that news to you?

Not likely that the child was, at that age, pure evil. But continuing to live in that environment assured the result in the fullness of time.

Who talked about the child?
facepalm.gif
I was talking about Alfi:lol::lol:

Sad.

Are you an idiot?

They don't enter Palestinian villages, risking themselves in the process, just because they feel like.

four Israeli military jeeps and a bulldozer stormed the village east of Qalqiliya overnight.

What's up with the bulldozer?

What were those assholes planning to do with that?

Are you an idiot?

four Israeli military jeeps and a bulldozer stormed the village east of Qalqiliya overnight.

Did they bulldoze something ?

Are you an idiot?

Play Bob the builder.

Not that the site we are all commenting is worth reading. It's just another anti - Israel site.

Maybe the incident happened, maybe not... My guess is not.

I genuinely think some of them do feel that way Toast (not saying you)

Some soldiers feel like all PAlestinians are terrorists ?

I think some do- don't you? Look the attitudes expressed on a messageboard, would soldiers be much different?

Yes, I guess that could be true. But it doesn't matter, because it's not true. Not all Palestinians are terrorists, or even most of them. Not even close.

Either way, I could say the same thing, that all Palestinians think ISraelis are evil

Not that the site we are all commenting is worth reading. It's just another anti - Israel site.

Maybe the incident happened, maybe not... My guess is not.

Toast - in your own words: http://www.usmessageboard.com/8267361-post8.html :eusa_whistle:

I'm pretty sure it happened - it states what hospital the baby was transferred to. There isn't a lot of hyperbole, in fact - the information is pretty scant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back