Monkey Pox and gays

Why are health officials paying extra special attention to them ?
Kinda odd then no schwulenkneipe customer

Fauci will get em with a new azt lol

Make sure you get the shot
One person says she's concerned for them, that's not evidence gays are any more susceptible or that they are the primary spreaders.

Stop being such a fool.

Maybe but in this instance the primary recognised method of catching is touch on a cut bit of skin which may be so tiny you do not know about it. Can you provide a link which actually says respiratory droplets is the main method of spread. I am not having a go. I just think it is sensible to get this right.
I thought I already provided this above.

Human-to-human transmission is thought to occur primarily through large respiratory droplets. Respiratory droplets generally cannot travel more than a few feet, so prolonged face-to-face contact is required. Other human-to-human methods of transmission include direct contact with body fluids or lesion material, and indirect contact with lesion material, such as through contaminated clothing or linens.

• The disease has mainly been hitting young men who have sex with men, but that doesn't mean it's being sexually transmitted.
Yes. The article I saw that in was saying it to warn them. It is not that surprising that if it got into the gay community that would be where it was spreading which is why they were given that warning. You could choose another group and it would be the same thing. If it got among them it would be spreading among them because so far it has affected few people.

• The disease has mainly been hitting young men who have sex with men, but that doesn't mean it's being sexually transmitted.

If they find out it is sexually transmitted they will twist themselves into pretzels to avoid saying how disastrous anal sex is for STDs. Also for biology. Can't say that. TRUTH but inconvenient.

I thought I already provided this above.

I had looked at your link but only as far as describing how you got it. Obviously if this is what you have read it will be what you believe. It is not however what I have heard so not what I believe. We will need to wait till we hear more. :)

If they find out it is sexually transmitted they will twist themselves into pretzels to avoid saying how disastrous anal sex is for STDs. Also for biology. Can't say that. TRUTH but inconvenient.
From my reading it can be spread through any exchange of bodily fluids.

I had looked at your link but only as far as describing how you got it. Obviously if this is what you have read it will be what you believe. It is not however what I have heard so not what I believe. We will need to wait till we hear more. :)
Well keep in mind that people coughing, sneezing, spitting etc is where other can easily pick it up on their hands and rub it then into open scratches, wounds, eyes, ears, mouth and nose.

That hasn't been shown to be the case with Monkey Pox but it's certainly generally a much riskier way to have sex.

Our gurus of Public Health told people to cover their faces with--kid you not--COTTON CLOTH for nearly a year and kept kids out of school to their great academic, social and mental detriment for a bunch of LIES....

But we dare not say absolute true, unrefuted biological facts like anal sex is dangerous and bad for you because Pride Month or something

It's a clown world

OK here is the UN on it.
Human-to-human transmission can result from close contact with respiratory secretions, skin lesions of an infected person or recently contaminated objects. Transmission via droplet respiratory particles usually requires prolonged face-to-face contact, which puts health workers, household members and other close contacts of active cases at greater risk. However, the longest documented chain of transmission in a community has risen in recent years from six to nine successive person-to-person infections. This may reflect declining immunity in all communities due to cessation of smallpox vaccination. Transmission can also occur via the placenta from mother to fetus (which can lead to congenital monkeypox) or during close contact during and after birth. While close physical contact is a well-known risk factor for transmission, it is unclear at this time if monkeypox can be transmitted specifically through sexual transmission routes. Studies are needed to better understand this risk.

It gives both without saying which is the most common. The first case of Monkeypox in the US was in 1983 with regular tiny outbreaks since. This one just seems to be spreading more quickly than the others.

Last edited:
OK here is the UN on it.

It gives both without saying which is the most common. The first case of Monkeypox in the US was in 1983 with regular tiny outbreaks since. This one just seems to be spreading more quickly than the others.
Where was Obama in 1983?

OK here is the UN on it.

More quickly? Not really, we've only had one confirmed case in N. America so far.

Don't let anyone get you caught up in their hype, there's no chance this turns into something akin to the old Small Pox epidemics we used to have.

More quickly? Not really, we've only had one confirmed case in N. America so far.

Don't let anyone get you caught up in their hype, there's no chance this turns into something akin to the old Small Pox epidemics we used to have.
Sorry. Wasn't meaning US but in general. In Europe and the UK it appears to be infecting more people quicker than usual.

Sorry. Wasn't meaning US but in general. In Europe and the UK it appears to be infecting more people quicker than usual.
I've not seen anything but a few very small outbreaks totaling fewer than 100 confirmed cases there, what are you referring to?

Gay men, who brought us Human Immunodeficiency Virus, HIV, once called the "gay plague" in San Francisco, which has killed 36 million across the world, are partly responsible for monkey pox outbreak.
"Gay, bisexual, and men who have sex with men are particularly at risk (for monkey pox), as evidenced by the recent outbreak in the U.K. which occurred amongst men in the LGBTQ+ community." yahoo.com
Anal intercourse is a disease generator. Here they come again.

A look at specific things to avoid to keep from getting MonkeyPox...

What Is the Darklands Festival?

Darklands is a gay men’s leather fetish, spank, and sex festival. One of the highlights of Darklands is called “Mr. Puppy,” where gay men in leather parade around with gay men dressed as dogs on a leash in a Westminster-ish competition. #GayPride!

If I had to guess, I’d suggest the monkeypox may have been spread at the “Horse Fair,” where “mares” wear only hoods and boots, and “stallions” … uh … ride them. Mares may not refuse sex from any stallion, but they can say no to kissing. Don’t blame me, I didn’t make the rules.

GRAPHIC WARNING: if you go to that last link, you may not like what you read.

I've not seen anything but a few very small outbreaks totaling fewer than 100 confirmed cases there, what are you referring to?
I am sure that is so but the number is usually extra special tiny due to it being so difficult to catch. 100 people is what is being called a lot in Europe
'Unpleasant' Monkeypox outbreak now Europe's biggest EVER as more than 100 cases reported

More than 100 confirmed or suspected cases of monkeypox have been reported in 12 countries, including the US​

One headline I saw said there could be as many as 220 cases in the US.

Forum List

Back