Mods and Admins Getting Scarce Around Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we had two admins. CK and Connery and then Connery left so that left CK. I didn't know USMB had 9 admins. First I've heard of it.

The bolded in blue is a mischaracterization and must be qualified, that I cannot do on the open boards.

Best way to say it is: I have never left anything and resent even the inference that I did!

Now I am going to lift weights......
tgI-gzklgVg-funny-weight-lifting-fail-gifsu.com.gif
...I will see you folks later.

Oh.

That's helpful.

But, time for me to go work out too.

I thought we had two admins. CK and Connery and then Connery left so that left CK. I didn't know USMB had 9 admins. First I've heard of it.

The bolded in blue is a mischaracterization and must be qualified, that I cannot do on the open boards.

Best way to say it is: I have never left anything and resent even the inference that I did!

Now I am going to lift weights......
tgI-gzklgVg-funny-weight-lifting-fail-gifsu.com.gif
...I will see you folks later.

YIKES! Let me retract that! I "assumed Connery left" as I never heard what happened. Nor did I ask to know. I must apologise Connery. I do not know why you are not an admin here any longer. That is the truth and..... That is what I should have said. Sorry about that.

- Jeri
p.s. your not being an admin here is a loss to the board. You did a superb job here and I thank for the time you gave here.

Last edited:
... I've been seeing quite a bit of time now where there's no mod at all on the board.

Now if you look RIGHT NOW, there's not only no mod, there's NO ADMIN either. There is NO ONE here to moderate ANYTHING on the board. It's a FREE FOR ALL.

I see a LONG LIST of admins and mods... what are they mods or admins for if they're hardly ever here?

It's been like this ever since they put that new pool table and beer machine in the basement of the USMB World Headquarters Building.:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
[MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION] left?

As in, left the board, left the country, left his USMess babysitting, er, uh, I mean, mod job?

Poor choice of words. I noticed that Connery's title says member and not admin. I believe Connery was a tremendous asset to the board for the time he was here as moderator and as an admin. - Jeri

... I've been seeing quite a bit of time now where there's no mod at all on the board.

Now if you look RIGHT NOW, there's not only no mod, there's NO ADMIN either. There is NO ONE here to moderate ANYTHING on the board. It's a FREE FOR ALL.

I see a LONG LIST of admins and mods... what are they mods or admins for if they're hardly ever here?

It's been like this ever since they put that new pool table and beer machine in the basement of the USMB World Headquarters Building.:lol:

And the pit woofie and the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders...

USMBWHQ!!!

Yeah, I've been sick the last week so that has made it difficult for me to moderate. I hope to be better soon.

Yeah, I've been sick the last week so that has made it difficult for me to moderate. I hope to be better soon.

Mi sh'berach, Westwall.

(Get better!)

You think the legalization of marijuana has anything to do with it?

Imo a board that feels as if the moderators are not there is a sign of a healthy board.. ( they are present but not felt ) If they show up in moderator mode - its fast and its over with... it isn't lingering on like an axe waiting to drop from overhead.... that is the atmosphere you DON'T want. imo.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Being a mod or admin reminds me of ref'ing games. It's a thankless job that takes up a lot of your time, and all you get is complaints about your performance, which are mostly BS. If being a mod or admin provides self gratification for the individual doing it, then you will be a great one. But on the other hand, if you are generally a miserable, whiny, or obsessive compulsive, insecure human being, then the anonymity of the internet will just magnify those characteristics and you will wreck whatever board it is that you are moderating.

Could just be a convergence of calendars, [MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION] - we are in the Christian Holy Week right now and people have extra to do.

And other than the FZ, where the shit flings regularly, and it's allowed, I find that most of the threads stay relatively calm - well, most of the time.

If anyone is giving you a hard time, I can bore them with stats until they beg for mercy and leave the adults in the room alone.

:)

I think it has something to do with the Blood Moon.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back