Moderators -- Can you look into this, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
I noticed that this morning the site is posting my remarks, but it's not clearing the "field" where I type them. The first time it happened to me, the site displayed the "thinking gif" at the top right corner of the page and when that disappeared, my message was still in the posting window. I thought it was "my fault," so to speak, perhaps the connection or something. I clicked "post" and upon refreshing the page, saw that my message had been double-posted. (I deleted one of them.)

The same thing happened again, and then I saw that seemingly other members are experiencing the same thing:

I noticed that this morning the site is posting my remarks, but it's not clearing the "field" where I type them. The first time it happened to me, the site displayed the "thinking gif" at the top right corner of the page and when that disappeared, my message was still in the posting window. I thought it was "my fault," so to speak, perhaps the connection or something. I clicked "post" and upon refreshing the page, saw that my message had been double-posted. (I deleted one of them.)

The same thing happened again, and then I saw that seemingly other members are experiencing the same thing:

Same is happening to me.

It's a figment of your imagination.

Just tell yourself it isn't happening.

If you are seeing double posts from others you may need glasses.

When I initially logged in this morning it took a minute to load.

Looks like the problem has not been resolved.

But your camera is on and we can see everything.

It's been on going, I thought bripat had gone further off the edge when his post at 3 something AM repeated three times.

I'm also seeing problems when posting. After submitting a comment, the page just sits there. I have to hit active topics, sometimes twice, before seeing the thread and comment.

It's a figment of your imagination.

Just tell yourself it isn't happening.

If you are seeing double posts from others you may need glasses.

When I initially logged in this morning it took a minute to load.

Looks like the problem has not been resolved.

But your camera is on and we can see everything.

This was not a double post.

Look a the post number of your "not double posts." They are both post #2.

The first time it happened to me, the site displayed the "thinking gif" at the top right corner of the page
Well, that was certainly a mistake.

I can understand your chagrin.
I can understand your chagrin.

Chagrin is not what I was feeling.
Don't hit submit more than once.

Ive been submitting the comment once, and then 'active topics' twice to see the thread and comment.

Same has been happening to me the last two days, as well as 'connection timed out'. I just wait until the thing in the top right quits moving, reload the page, leave, and come back.

It's been on going, I thought bripat had gone further off the edge when his post at 3 something AM repeated three times.
Howe can he go further than free fall?

Had to leave the page and click on the thread to clear this reply box.

Oh well, another day, another work around. Works well enough.

Admin has been notified. Just have to wait on one of them.

There's nothing any of us mods can do server side.
Hey Mods!

Just thinking out loud, but how about PRIORITIZING SERVER FUNCTIONING AND SCRIPT MAINTENANCE, and spending far fewer resources coddling and swaddling Deplorable Snowflakes?

Give it some "thought" and get back to me...

Just because I care like that.

Admin has been notified. Just have to wait on one of them.

There's nothing any of us mods can do server side.
Hey Mods!

Just thinking out loud, but how about PRIORITIZING SERVER FUNCTIONING AND SCRIPT MAINTENANCE, and spending far fewer resources coddling and swaddling Deplorable Snowflakes?

Give it some "thought" and get back to me...

Just because I care like that.

Like I said in the post you quoted me on, the mods have NOTHING to do with any of that; it's all admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back