Mmm. I love the smell of debunked Conservative bullshit in the morning!

So, how much better a position do you think we'd be in if we hadn't lost 1.3 trillion dollars to the Bush Tax Cuts?

The Bush tax cuts kept the economy going after the dot com bust, Katrina and 911. If your #1.3 trillion figure over 7 year iis correct, which I seriously doubt, how much better off would we be if we didn't have $1.3 trillion a freaking year for the last three years.

I completely disagree with you that the dot com burst was mitigated by the Bush Tax cut, but I'm going to concede it because that's not what I think the big issue is. The problem is that the recession of 2008 should have been a clear signal to drop the tax cut. Our GDP shrank so much that the government's deficit exploded by that same amount, and not raising the rates on the upper tier earners, like Reagan did, for example, just compounded the issue even further.

The bottom line is that most economists are pinning the lion share of our deficit, which is hurting our ability to further invest in our future through infrastructure, research and development, you know, like we did in the Space Race, is the Bush Tax Cuts and the two unfunded wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's not spin; that's not rhetoric. That's cold, hard numbers.

The problem is that the recession of 2008 should have been a clear signal to drop the tax cut.

Wow! Even the economically illiterate Obama knows that a recession is the worst possible time to raise taxes.

Obama is the devil

jesus you cons are idiots

He's not the devil, he's just a really, really bad President.
Soon to be the first black, one-term President.

thWaterboy_Mom.gif

The Bush tax cuts kept the economy going after the dot com bust, Katrina and 911. If your #1.3 trillion figure over 7 year iis correct, which I seriously doubt, how much better off would we be if we didn't have $1.3 trillion a freaking year for the last three years.

I completely disagree with you that the dot com burst was mitigated by the Bush Tax cut, but I'm going to concede it because that's not what I think the big issue is. The problem is that the recession of 2008 should have been a clear signal to drop the tax cut. Our GDP shrank so much that the government's deficit exploded by that same amount, and not raising the rates on the upper tier earners, like Reagan did, for example, just compounded the issue even further.

The bottom line is that most economists are pinning the lion share of our deficit, which is hurting our ability to further invest in our future through infrastructure, research and development, you know, like we did in the Space Race, is the Bush Tax Cuts and the two unfunded wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's not spin; that's not rhetoric. That's cold, hard numbers.

The problem is that the recession of 2008 should have been a clear signal to drop the tax cut.

Wow! Even the economically illiterate Obama knows that a recession is the worst possible time to raise taxes.

Sure. If you hate infrastructure and love debt, you're absolutely right!

We still need infrastructure after the $800 billion in wasted stimulus spending?
Quick, someone tell Obama! LOL!

We still need infrastructure after the $800 billion in wasted stimulus spending?

Yeah, really, someone tell him. Actually, tell the Republican-held House that we need more stimulus.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or woefully ignorant of how it works, but yes, our roads and highways and our infrastructure in general is in DESPERATE need of updates and repair.

Yeah, really, someone tell him. Actually, tell the Republican-held House that we need more stimulus.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or woefully ignorant of how it works, but yes, our roads and highways and our infrastructure in general is in DESPERATE need of updates and repair.

If we didn't waste so much money on worthless crap, we'd have enough to fix our infrastructure. Repeal Bacon-Davis!

If we didn't waste so much money on worthless crap, we'd have enough to fix our infrastructure. Repeal Bacon-Davis!

LOL @ Stimulus being worthless.

No, you old fuck, infrastructure expenditures can be part of stimulus. Jesus.

Let me know when Obama funds those shovel ready projects, ya moron.

He did fund them, only problem was those projects were located in other countries... Oh, before you libtards blast me... It's ABC News, hardly conservative....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YabnLHPYDW4&feature=player_detailpage]80% Of Green Jobs Stimulus Money Going Overseas - YouTube[/ame]

He did fund them, only problem was those projects were located in other countries... Oh, before you libtards blast me... It's ABC News, hardly conservative....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YabnLHPYDW4&feature=player_detailpage]80% Of Green Jobs Stimulus Money Going Overseas - YouTube[/ame]

Just vote obama get more of the same.

$450Mill in Stimulus money for a Chinese company to put Chinese manufactured wind turbines in Texas. That and Chucky Schumer shaking his head saying that "he doesn't know how that happened"..

Seems to me -- if the REPS were the least bit competent -- they could use that ABC News story to DEMOLISH, DISMANTLE, and cause the EXTINCTION of the Pelosi/Reid/Obama revolution without a single other political ad.

But the GOP isn't that smart -- so don't hold your breath.

I hope you paid attention and learned something, but I seriously doubt that you did. Facts are so confusing to a dumbass.

So, how much better a position do you think we'd be in if we hadn't lost 1.3 trillion dollars to the Bush Tax Cuts?

Allowing Americans to keep more of their hard earned money is considered a loss?

That says it all about liberals today, doesn't it?

But Todd, the government knows how to spend your money much better than you do! They know what's good for you and will save you from yourself.

Or maybe another "instachart" that uses soft sources, sources non-related opinion pieces, and even then prove the exact opposite of the point the retard is trying to get across.

Go get some more talking points from Limbaugh, Gramps.

It'll be nice when junior high starts back up and you won't be on your mom's computer so much.

Ha ha ha. You wish, Oldy McBarrenWomb. You can't get rid of my, muhfacka. I'm like a bad penny. I just keep fucking your shit up left and right.

Seriously, where DO you get your talking points from?

Jump to: navigation, search

I didn't say the Bush tax cuts caused the dot-com bust. The following for your reading pleasure
The dot-com bubble (also referred to as the Internet bubble and the Information Technology Bubble) was a historic speculative bubble covering roughly 1995–2000 (with a climax on March 10, 2000, with the NASDAQ peaking at 5132.52 in intraday trading before closing at 5048.62) during which stock markets in industrialized nations saw their equity value rise rapidly from growth in the Internet sector and related fields. While the latter part was a boom and bust cycle, the Internet boom is sometimes meant to refer to the steady commercial growth of the Internet with the advent of the world wide web, as exemplified by the first release of the Mosaic web browser in 1993, and continuing through the 1990s.

The period was marked by the founding (and, in many cases, spectacular failure) of a group of new Internet-based companies commonly referred to as dot-coms. Companies were seeing their stock prices shoot up if they simply added an "e-" prefix to their name and/or a ".com" to the end, which one author called "prefix investing".

A combination of rapidly increasing stock prices, market confidence that the companies would turn future profits, individual speculation in stocks, and widely available venture capital created an environment in which many investors were willing to overlook traditional metrics such as P/E ratio in favor of confidence in technological advancements.

The collapse of the bubble took place during 2000-2001. Some companies, such as Pets.com, failed completely. Others lost a large portion of their market capitalization but remained stable and profitable, e.g., Cisco, whose stock declined by 86%. Some later recovered and surpassed their dot-com-bubble peaks, e.g., Amazon.com, whose stock went from 107 to 7 dollars per share, but a decade later exceeded 200.

From Wiki

The dot-com bust was handed to Bush after booming during the Clinton era. If Bush had been like Obama he would have asked Congress for a couple of hundred billion dollars stimulus to cure it and whined for a few years about Clinton. But he didn't, did he!

Even Obama realized the absolute folly of eliminating the Bush tax cuts during a deep recession. And 'deep recession' are Obama's words.

Last edited:
Or maybe another "instachart" that uses soft sources, sources non-related opinion pieces, and even then prove the exact opposite of the point the retard is trying to get across.

The only thing soft about this exchange is your skull, Dummy. I proved over and over how this isn't the largest tax hike in history, and your atrophied mind can't compute it, or you refuse to. Then I kicked the fuck out of you in straight-up internet TrollStyle 101 until you tried pathetically to bite my style:

Here's a tip, you disgusting little twat sore, there is nothing you say or do that will get to me. But knowing that my very EXISTENCE here riles you up and makes you attempt really feeble means of getting in my grill entertains the fuck out of me.

At the end of the day, I get to laugh at how fucking stupid you are, and knowing that 50 years from now, I'll be educating XXXX XXXX XXXXXXXXX on how Obamacare was nearly killed by idiotic people like you. So keep it up, and call this a meltdown too, because to you anything more than a two sentence retort is a meltdown. No Family

(Yes motherfucker, I know your m.o. I've been Interweb Boarding since you were just still trying to figure out how to get your VCR to stop blinking midnight.)
1275487489731-dumpfm-stewfoo-1273459583431-dumpfm-glasspopcorn-1271589468080-dumpfm-pheezer-gma.gif

Jump to: navigation, search

I didn't say the Bush tax cuts caused the dot-com bust. Thei following for your reading pleasure
The dot-com bubble (also referred to as the Internet bubble and the Information Technology Bubble) was a historic speculative bubble covering roughly 1995–2000 (with a climax on March 10, 2000, with the NASDAQ peaking at 5132.52 in intraday trading before closing at 5048.62) during which stock markets in industrialized nations saw their equity value rise rapidly from growth in the Internet sector and related fields. While the latter part was a boom and bust cycle, the Internet boom is sometimes meant to refer to the steady commercial growth of the Internet with the advent of the world wide web, as exemplified by the first release of the Mosaic web browser in 1993, and continuing through the 1990s.

The period was marked by the founding (and, in many cases, spectacular failure) of a group of new Internet-based companies commonly referred to as dot-coms. Companies were seeing their stock prices shoot up if they simply added an "e-" prefix to their name and/or a ".com" to the end, which one author called "prefix investing".

A combination of rapidly increasing stock prices, market confidence that the companies would turn future profits, individual speculation in stocks, and widely available venture capital created an environment in which many investors were willing to overlook traditional metrics such as P/E ratio in favor of confidence in technological advancements.

The collapse of the bubble took place during 2000-2001. Some companies, such as Pets.com, failed completely. Others lost a large portion of their market capitalization but remained stable and profitable, e.g., Cisco, whose stock declined by 86%. Some later recovered and surpassed their dot-com-bubble peaks, e.g., Amazon.com, whose stock went from 107 to 7 dollars per share, but a decade later exceeded 200.

From Wiki

The dot-com bust was handed to Bush after booming during the Clinton era. If Bush had been like Obama he would have asked Congress for a couple of hundred billion dollars stimulus to cure it and whined for a few years about Clinton. But he didn't, did he!

Even Obama realized the absolute folly of eliminating the Bush tax cuts during a deep recession. And 'deep recession' are Obama's words.

You need to look up the word "mitigate" so you know what my point was. Mkthxbye.

Forum List

Back