MLK quote

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. Martin Luther King Jr., I Have a Dream, 1963. -

See more at: Martin Luther King Jr Quotes - Famous quotes from MLK, I Have a Dream and related quotes by others

I grew up with this and took it to heart...

the real shame is a lot of you here either didn't or willfully overlook it for some agenda you have, this case with Martin/Zimmerman is a perfect example

a lot of YOU should be ashamed of yourselves..

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. Martin Luther King Jr., I Have a Dream, 1963. -

See more at: Martin Luther King Jr Quotes - Famous quotes from MLK, I Have a Dream and related quotes by others

the real shame is a lot of you here either didn't or willfully overlook it for some agenda you have, this case with Martin/Zimmerman is a perfect example

Well, I was around in the 1960s when all the race riots following his speeches occurred. Jackson, Sharpton, and Holder are trying to bring back those days of civil unrest. We have a saying here in KY: Actions speak louder than words. You read the words. I saw the actions. I am not an MKL fan.

Here's a playbill for you:

1960's American Race Riots - YouTube

Well, I was around in the 1960s when all the race riots following his speeches occurred. Jackson, Sharpton, and Holder are trying to bring back those days of civil unrest. We have a saying here in KY: Actions speak louder than words. You read the words. I saw the actions. I am not an MKL fan.

I was around then too but wasn't around any of the civil unrest but watched it on T.V, but that quote always stuck with me..

see what is going on with this case and then we are the ones being accused of being the racist has pissed me off to no end..I'm sick of these people passing judgment on others, just like we can't dislike or disapprove of Obama and it has to be because his skin color is black..

that was the point I was trying to make..and I wasn't including ALL the people here..I think they will know who I am talking about..
have a good one I'm off to take my guy to dentist for some teeth pulled...yea!

Last edited:

a lot of YOU should be ashamed of yoursGelves..

I was around in the 50's and 60's too. With my parents who were marching in the Civil Rights movement in the south and recall hearing about the same Kentucky that Muhammad Ali was from when he proudly represented the U.S. in the 1964 Olympics where he won a Gold Medal, returned home and could not even get served a sandwich in a local diner

I was around in the 50's and 60's too. With my parents who were marching in the Civil Rights movement in the south and recall hearing about the same Kentucky that Muhammad Ali was from when he proudly represented the U.S. in the 1964 Olympics where he won a Gold Medal, returned home and could not even get served a sandwich in a local diner

Which, of course, gave him the right to be violent, to riot, and inflict bodily harm on white people. :rolleyes:

There isn't much doubt that Zimmerman partially judged Martin by the color of his skin.

There isn't much doubt that Zimmerman partially judged Martin by the color of his skin.

Not for idiots like you that see the world in black and white.

Which, of course, gave him the right to be violent, to riot, and inflict bodily harm on white people. :rolleyes:

He did none of the above except inflict bodily harm legally in the boxing ring.

:cuckoo:

Ah, bringing up past scores to settle. Are you a Hatfield or a McCoy? :cuckoo:

Ah, bringing up past scores to settle. Are you a Hatfield or a McCoy? :cuckoo:

How absurd. I have no scores to settle with anyone, especially on a public message board made up of anonymous posters. :cuckoo:

Just sharing a memory, which is what this thread is about, or do you not understand that?

P.S.
No I'm not a Hatfield nor am I a McCoy, but I watched a documentary about them earlier this year.

Interesting people indeed.

Last edited:

The dispatcher asked him the race of the person who looked suspicious.

Dispatcher: Is this guy white, black, or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

Read it and weep. Some more.

Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

What was he supposed to say when asked a direct question?

What would YOU have said?

Oh right, you would have said 'none of the above, he is green like Kermit T Frog.'

>>

Last edited:

Oh right, you would have said 'none of the above, he is green like Kermit T Frog.'

>>

:rolleyes: That's beside the point.

>>

How would YOU have answered the question?

>>

I would have said he was black if he looked black to me. But what I would not have done is followed a kid with my gun simply because he was a black kid.

I would have said he was black if he looked black to me. But what I would not have done is followed a kid with my gun simply because he was a black kid.

He was not told to stay in the truck. And I seriously doubt you would have bothered to give shit about the safety of the neighborhood. People like you who live in the projects just don't get it.

Try not to trip yourself up.

He was not told to stay in the truck. And I seriously doubt you would have bothered to give shit about the safety of the neighborhood. People like you who live in the projects just don't get it.

Ah, so it's the dispatcher's fault for not telling him to stay in his truck. :lmao: Thank you for proving that the personal responsibility parrots are hypocrites.

Forum List

Back