MLB can add Negro Leagues to official records but can never change what it did to Black players

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Under the concept of "you just can't please some people" I give you the article below.

Bryant: MLB can add Negro Leagues to records but can't change what it did to Black players

The decision was met with great applause, but in addition to being reconciliatory, it was also a spectacular display of historical distortion and institutional arrogance.

He also focuses on things like batting average when the real impact is in complied numbers, hits, home runs, wins, strikeouts, etc.

Under the concept of "you just can't please some people" I give you the article below.

Bryant: MLB can add Negro Leagues to records but can't change what it did to Black players

The decision was met with great applause, but in addition to being reconciliatory, it was also a spectacular display of historical distortion and institutional arrogance.

He also focuses on things like batting average when the real impact is in complied numbers, hits, home runs, wins, strikeouts, etc.
As an analogy, I like most of the Germans I meet.
I can't blame the people I meet on Hitler and his followers.

What is most offensive of what Baseball did to black players is that this can’t be blamed on Southern Jim Crow laws.

There were no MLB teams in the South. Closest were Washington and St Louis. Cities like NY, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit and Boston had significant black populations and intentionally chose to exclude blacks.

What is most offensive of what Baseball did to black players is that this can’t be blamed on Southern Jim Crow laws.

There were no MLB teams in the South. Closest were Washington and St Louis. Cities like NY, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit and Boston had significant black populations and intentionally chose to exclude blacks.
So Blacks had more time to study and become professionals and instead chose instead to cry.

Philly was a pretty racist city in the past, South Jersey/South-eastern Penn is right non the Mason-Dixon line.

Baseball's minor leagues extended into the South, and since the minors were part of MLB....

So Blacks had more time to study and become professionals and instead chose instead to cry.
They were prohibited from becoming professionals

Actually they were professionals, just in a separate league.

Remember minor league baseball is professional as well.

They were prevented from joining the American and National Leagues.

Hitler was not a German...

Philly was a pretty racist city in the past, South Jersey/South-eastern Penn is right non the Mason-Dixon line.

Baseball's minor leagues extended into the South, and since the minors were part of MLB....
Again, it was Northern racism that blocked blacks from Baseball. The owners had a verbal pact to keep blacks from playing with whites. Kenesaw Mountain Landis personally prohibited integration.
There were enough minor league teams in the north that could have accommodated blacks.

Teams like the Yankees and Red Sox waited until the late 50s to get a black player.

So were JOOS, but we created our own businesses.
That's because we wait to get drunk and laid until after marriage.

Hitler was not a German...
Hitler's biggest fans were German.

As we saw yesterday, those Negro Leagues were not considered professional Big League baseball.
Separate but equal was not equal

Jews were allowed in the Major Leagues

As we saw yesterday, those Negro Leagues were not considered professional Big League baseball.
The problem with the Black community is that 99% of their kids think they're going to be millionaires if they spend every moment out of school playing a sport.

Jews were allowed in the Major Leagues
Out of context...nobody would hire a Jew.

They were considered big league by their fans.

Highest level talent amongst their talent pool. Its why only a few of the leagues are being considered for the Stat adjustment.

Forum List

Back