MIT solar PV technology scalable, printable, incorporable into fabrics

Which I can say with certainty because you've not figured out how to violate the laws of science.
Then maybe you can tell me how electricity usage warms the surface of the planet exactly like solar radiation does.

Ding found the only energy that isn't conserved!!
You're a shoe-in for a Michael Mann Nobel Prize.
Just post your empirical data that shows how electricity usage heats the surface of the earth like solar radiation does. Because that was a silly statement you made.

Just post your empirical data that shows how electricity usage heats the surface of the earth like solar radiation does. Because that was a silly statement you made.

If you can show that the First Law of Thermodynamics is somehow fully or partially
repealed when discussing electricity from solar panels, I'll apologize for calling you an idiot.

If you can show that the First Law of Thermodynamics is somehow fully or partially
repealed when discussing electricity from solar panels, I'll apologize for calling you an idiot.
This has to do with how heat from electricity usage heats the surface of the planet and how solar radiation heats the surface of the planet.

This has to do with how heat from electricity usage heats the surface of the planet and how solar radiation heats the surface of the planet.

Your feeling that one study which supposedly shows cooling over a solar farm means that solar power cools the planet is cute. It reminds me of the simplistic thinking of Greta Thunberg.

Your feeling that one study which supposedly shows cooling over a solar farm means that solar power cools the planet is cute. It reminds me of the simplistic thinking of Greta Thunberg.
On a global scale I believe it would. Which would be on the order of 1% to 2% of the land surface area. Net warming is only 0.6 W/m^2. All it takes is a reduction of 0.7 W/m^2 to turn it into a net cooling. That and time.

On a global scale I believe it would. Which would be on the order of 1% to 2% of the land surface area. Net warming is only 0.6 W/m^2. All it takes is a reduction of 0.7 W/m^2 to turn it into a net cooling. That and time.

On a global scale I believe it would.

Why?
None of the energy was destroyed by moving it from a solar panel to
a home appliance.

Net warming is only 0.6 W/m^2. All it takes is a reduction of 0.7 W/m^2 to turn it into a net cooling.

How is increasing the absorbed solar radiation from 60% to 95% causing a reduction?

On a global scale I believe it would.

Why?
None of the energy was destroyed by moving it from a solar panel to
a home appliance.

Net warming is only 0.6 W/m^2. All it takes is a reduction of 0.7 W/m^2 to turn it into a net cooling.

How is increasing the absorbed solar radiation from 60% to 95% causing a reduction?
I'm not doing 15 rounds with you. We've been over that enough.

No. Difference in how solar radiation heats the surface of the planet compared to electricity usage. Electricity usage isn't included in the calculation of net warming.

Heat is heat.
Retaining much more with solar panels will never result in world-wide cooling.

Heat is heat.
Retaining much more with solar panels will never result in world-wide cooling.
The incremental cooling measured at six solar farms says otherwise. You said electricity usage warms the planet like solar radiation warms the planet. That is incorrect. Electricity usage isn't included in the earth's energy budget, solar radiation is.

The incremental cooling measured at six solar farms says otherwise. You said electricity usage warms the planet like solar radiation warms the planet. That is incorrect. Electricity usage isn't included in the earth's energy budget, solar radiation is.

It's cute that you think that one study which supposedly shows cooling over a solar farm means that solar power cools the planet. It reminds me of the simplistic thinking of Greta Thunberg.

I said electricity usage from solar power doesn't cool the planet. FLoT.

Reducing albedo from .40 to .05 does warm the planet.

This study says it's warmer over solar panels. It even explains why.

The preliminary results indicated that summer noon incoming solar radiation (S) is ~1000 Wm-2 and the desert surface albedo is on average 0.40. The mean solar panel field albedo is 0.23 (with panels projected area about 1/3rd of the PV field area), which is translated to ~170 Wm-2 higher S absorption by the PV field. A large fraction of the energy is converted to sensible heat flux with mid-day H values of 450 Wm-2, compared with 250 Wm-2 in the desert, or about 200 Wm-2 of extra heating above the PV field.

Forum List

Back