MIT Scientists Discover New Mechanism Driving Evaporation

Solar radiation in the visible range are photons which are energy but not heat. They produce heat by causing the atoms of the surface to move or become excited. This movement is what produces the heat.

Which is also why a massive amount of PV cells is a BFI.

Solar radiation in the visible range are photons which are energy but not heat. They produce heat by causing the atoms of the surface to move or become excited. This movement is what produces the heat.

Which is also why a massive amount of PV cells is a BFI.
You should get in touch with MIT about that.

I'm sure they already know it's the mechanism for visible light producing heat on the surface of water causing evaporation.
And what point, then, were you attempting to make with that?

And what point, then, were you attempting to make with that?
That it shouldn't have been surprising that using a heat shield didn't stop all of the evaporation.
  1. That VISIBLE light produces heat when it strikes a surface of an object.
  2. That the heat produced is from the atoms of the object becoming excited by photons - in the visible light spectrum - striking it and causing the atoms of the surface object to move.

That it shouldn't have been surprising that using a heat shield didn't stop all of the evaporation.
  1. That VISIBLE light produces heat when it strikes a surface of an object.
  2. That the heat produced is from the atoms of the object becoming excited by photons - in the visible light spectrum - striking it and causing the atoms of the surface object to move.
Well, I'd say the fact that they WERE surprised and that they've announced that they've discovered a whole NEW mechanism and are expecting people to disbelieve them tells me that you and MIT aren't quite on the same wavelength just yet.

Well, I'd say the fact that they WERE surprised and that they've announced that they've discovered a whole NEW mechanism and are expecting people to disbelieve them tells me that you and MIT aren't quite on the same wavelength just yet.
What was the new mechanism?

And what is the basis for your claim? And, for that matter, what relevance does it have to this thread's topic?

But you might want to read Climate Science for Change
MIT discovering new methods that water evaporates is directly related to the theories of man made climate change. Of all people crick I thought that this need not be explained to you.

What relevance to this thread is the discussion of the impact on research this discovery has?

Gee Mr brain, let us nit discuss all the things new discoveries effect

MIT discovering new methods that water evaporates is directly related to the theories of man made climate change.
It will affect details of the theory, but it has no impact on the greenhouse effect or the amount of GHGs humans have put into the atmosphere.
Of all people crick I thought that this need not be explained to you.
Don't ever assume that something YOU think up is going to be obvious to ANYONE.
What relevance to this thread is the discussion of the impact on research this discovery has?
It is the TOPIC of this thread.
Gee Mr brain, let us nit discuss all the things new discoveries effect
Please explain what impact you think this will have on AGW theory.

how about you explain why you believe this irrelevant to all climate theories
I never claimed that it was but I don't think it will change any of the basics. You were the one who claimed that it would and therefore it is your responsibility to explain how.

I'm also still waiting to hear why you think MIT is particularly ignorant about climate change, that they are just guessing.

I never claimed that it was but I don't think it will change any of the basics. You were the one who claimed that it would and therefore it is your responsibility to explain how.

I'm also still waiting to hear why you think MIT is particularly ignorant about climate change, that they are just guessing.
There are so many unknowns, as MIT has just proved.

How does a new theory effect an old theory, it changes everything, a new dynamic, an effect that will be impossible to calculate into existing models. The shear magnitude of the amount of data we need to calculate this effect makes it impossible to fully use.

Give it up crick, green energy and the idea it will change the climate is a fools opinion, unless you state more use of heavy industry by the green energy industry is bad.

There are so many unknowns, as MIT has just proved.

How does a new theory effect an old theory, it changes everything, a new dynamic, an effect that will be impossible to calculate into existing models. The shear magnitude of the amount of data we need to calculate this effect makes it impossible to fully use.

Give it up crick, green energy and the idea it will change the climate is a fools opinion, unless you state more use of heavy industry by the green energy industry is bad.
What I'm going to give up is talking to someone as dishonest and ignorant as are you.

What I'm going to give up is talking to someone as dishonest and ignorant as are you.
I stated, this new theory must be accounted for in global warming.

Crick calls that dishonest and ignorant?

Crick is an example of a person with his/her head up his/her ass.

Crick, constantly attacking me personally, what type of person ignores the technical questions pit forth and attack the simple person asking or stating a fact

Forum List

Back