Minority

Quit letting in illegal aliens and deport the ones already here when caught?

Oh, but THAT would be enforcing CURRENT laws, wouldn't it? :eusa_hand:

NO one lets them in, they usually sneak in, or overstay their legal work visas. It just doesn't happen. The ones caught are deported.

The problem can be solved by reducing companies incentives for hiring them. Increase those in positions of ie; police, doctors, teachers..etc. expanded authority to report suspected illegal aliens to ICE.

I don't see this happening until we solve our first problem...getting rid of incentives. Those same hospitals treating illegal aliens with medical care, often free....are the same hospitals hiring illegal aliens as orderlies and nurses. The same goes for education...as we provide free of charge, an education to illegal aliens, school districts hire illegals as janitors, landscapers, dishwashers, food handlers...etc.

The entire top of the system has to change, or nothing will change. Minutemen can waste their time all day at the border, but nothing will stop "cheap labor.

NO one lets them in, they usually sneak in, or overstay their legal work visas. It just doesn't happen. The ones caught are deported.

The problem can be solved by reducing companies incentives for hiring them. Increase those in positions of ie; police, doctors, teachers..etc. expanded authority to report suspected illegal aliens to ICE.

I don't see this happening until we solve our first problem...getting rid of incentives. Those same hospitals treating illegal aliens with medical care, often free....are the same hospitals hiring illegal aliens as orderlies and nurses. The same goes for education...as we provide free of charge, an education to illegal aliens, school districts hire illegals as janitors, landscapers, dishwashers, food handlers...etc.

The entire top of the system has to change, or nothing will change. Minutemen can waste their time all day at the border, but nothing will stop "cheap labor.

the majority of illegals...regardless of country of origin simply fly into the country and overstay their visas....when you look for border control...on the mexican us border you are looking at the least method used to get in the us....the laws are on the books as gunny said...just not enforced..we dont need more laws...we just need to enforce the ones we have

They represent freedom and what soldiers have fought and died for. The represent the free world.

You think those soldiers died for the right of grasping merchants to sell American flags made by Chinese communist slaves, do you?

Interesting intpretation of what we vets were serving for.

the majority of illegals...regardless of country of origin simply fly into the country and overstay their visas....when you look for border control...on the mexican us border you are looking at the least method used to get in the us....the laws are on the books as gunny said...just not enforced..we dont need more laws...we just need to enforce the ones we have

Strollingbones, yes laws are on the books and THEY are enforced. When a plane full of foreigners arrive with work visas, it is very hard to round them up, once they have left their jobs..and filter into the "real" world. When caught through the legal process...they are definitely deported. The problem lies in "legal" ways to catch them. A police officer has no right to walk up to you and ask for your proof of citizenship. It gets sticky...

Perhaps our laws should be changed or added to ....or strengthened so a police officer does have the right to walk up to you, stop you as you are driving and demand you prove you are an American. A driver's license proves nothing.

I never said we needed new laws i'm just saying i hope obama does more about the illegal aliens than GW did.:cuckoo:

Strollingbones, yes laws are on the books and THEY are enforced. When a plane full of foreigners arrive with work visas, it is very hard to round them up, once they have left their jobs..and filter into the "real" world. When caught through the legal process...they are definitely deported. The problem lies in "legal" ways to catch them. A police officer has no right to walk up to you and ask for your proof of citizenship. It gets sticky...

Perhaps our laws should be changed or added to ....or strengthened so a police officer does have the right to walk up to you, stop you as you are driving and demand you prove you are an American. A driver's license proves nothing.

There is one little roadblock to that idea:

Article the sixth [Amendment IV]

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

There is one little roadblock to that idea:

Exactly what I meant when I wrote this: Referring to the 6th Amendment..

The problem lies in "legal" ways to catch them. A police officer has no right to walk up to you and ask for your proof of citizenship. It gets sticky...

:eusa_whistle:

Exactly what I meant when I wrote this: Referring to the 6th Amendment..

The problem lies in "legal" ways to catch them. A police officer has no right to walk up to you and ask for your proof of citizenship. It gets sticky...

:eusa_whistle:

Yes, it gets very sticky. Personally, I'd rather have illegals and the Bill of Rights, than neither one. I hope that at least a majority of my countrymen would agree with that, but I'm not so sure. I wonder sometimes whether, if we had to vote on the first ten amendments today, it would even pass.

But, there are other ways to minimize illegal immigration. Asking for proof of legal status in order to work here might be a good first step, for example.

I never said we needed new laws i'm just saying i hope obama does more about the illegal aliens than GW did.:cuckoo:

and i never said you did...so drop the fucking cuckoo shit

i said we needed to enforce the laws on the book what is wrong with that?

i am still waiting for you to prove me wrong about you being an idiot....

Yes, it gets very sticky. Personally, I'd rather have illegals and the Bill of Rights, than neither one. I hope that at least a majority of my countrymen would agree with that, but I'm not so sure. I wonder sometimes whether, if we had to vote on the first ten amendments today, it would even pass.

But, there are other ways to minimize illegal immigration. Asking for proof of legal status in order to work here might be a good first step, for example.

I agree! Those that want to "round em up" ...so to speak, have given very little thought to their own civil rights being stomped upon.

I agree! Those that want to "round em up" ...so to speak, have given very little thought to their own civil rights being stomped upon.

I think there is a big difference between "rounding them up" and deporting them when caught. I see no reason why cops can't ask for a green card when they stop someone for some other reason. I think when they check into our hospitals, they should be given emergency care only and then be shipped back across the border. I think when they come in to get welfare for their children, they should be able to ask for a green card and if they don't have it, deport them AND their children.

I also think we need to put those who hire them in jail.

Billie-e-e-e, I mean Grismonda, Chocobraun...

LEGAL American citizens have little to worry about they won't be deported. Deporting illegal aliens would be to their advantage! No civil rights would be stomped on not even for illegal aliens since they have NONE! Other than to be deported humanely!

I think there is a big difference between "rounding them up" and deporting them when caught. I see no reason why cops can't ask for a green card when they stop someone for some other reason. ....

They are deported when caught residing in the USA illegally.

It is not mandatory one has to carry id (except when driving)..so if a cop stops a person, such as yourself, and you don't have your DL with you, he only has the right to ask who you are, etc. I doubt you would appreciate being sent to jail, because you did not carry an id that day.

Ok..back to the regular programming folks! :eusa_shifty:

Last edited:
They are deported when caught residing in the USA illegally.

It is not mandatory one has to carry id (except when driving)..so if a cop stops a person, such as yourself, and you don't have your DL with you, he only has the right to ask who you are, etc. I doubt you would appreciate being sent to jail, because you did not carry an id that day.

Ok..back to the regular programming folks! :eusa_shifty:

Actually, you are given 24 hours to produce that ID. I have no problems with giving them 24 hours to prove they are here legally.

Neither do I, and neither do the police... Are you suggesting the police do not do their work? You know this how?

Seattle has a policy of not asking for immigration status. It was put in place years ago by the mayor. Many, many other cities have the same sanctuary policies.

Forum List

Back