Millions of people are starving in Yemen

Some reports show up to 13 million at risk of starvation in Yemen due to the supply lines being cut in the proxy War between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Warning Graphic images.

Yemen: up to 85,000 young children dead from starvation

An estimated 85,000 children under the age of five have starved to death over the last three years as a result of Yemen’s civil war, a report from Save the Children has found, as the charity urged an immediate ceasefire to prevent more loss of life.

The figure is a conservative estimate based on UN data on severe acute malnutrition, which the international body says has afflicted more than 1.3 million children since the conflict between Houthi rebels and the Saudi-led coalition that seeks to restore Yemen’s exiled government began in 2015.

About 14 million people – half of Yemen’s population – are currently at risk of famine, largely because of Saudi border blockades designed to weaken the Houthis, which have also strangled civilian access to food, fuel, aid and commercial goods.

Fears for Yemen’s civilian population have increased in recent weeks because of an escalation in fighting around the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, through which about 80% of the country’s imports flow.

Even a small amount of damage to the port’s facilities, and a delay in aid deliveries, is likely to lead the UN to declare a widespread famine.

All this, while Trump supports SA. But then, Trump and his family have big business in SA, so who gives a .... about 14 million starving people right?

No, they don't have "big business in SA," although they've done business there in the past, as they have in countries all over the world. Right now they have no ongoing business in S.A. The only stink is about Saudi's staying at the Trump International Hotel in D.C. which is really silly, if you ask me. The Trump business has hotels. Foreign dignitaries come to D.C. They need a place to stay. I don't see what the fuss is about. C'mon.

Trump's claim of no Saudi financial ties is misleading

So 20% of the imports are being blocked by Saudi's. 80% come in through Hodeidah, and people are worried about potential damage to the port and future shipments getting through. The Saudi's are no longer blocking that port, after international insistence that they knock it off.

If you want to know what I think, Trump has made friends with the Royal family over the years, with all his previous business deals there, and he was very impressed and pleased with how they treated him on his first overseas visit. Ego is everything, and his personal opinion is next most important. That is our President. He doesn't care about human rights or starving babies in shit hole foreign nations and he doesn't care what the CIA or anyone else has to say about guys he likes. We should have learned that from the dealings with Putin. Trump LIKES the Crown Prince and his dad, no doubt, and that's all there is to it. Simple and unalterable.

Don't be naive. Turning his business over to his family is a precursor back to him, for which he is still the beneficiary; ime.com/4629308/donald-trump-business-deals-world-map/

Look at the link from Politico. Trump Co. does not have current dealings in S.A.

Some reports show up to 13 million at risk of starvation in Yemen due to the supply lines being cut in the proxy War between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Warning Graphic images.

An estimated 85,000 children under the age of five have starved to death over the last three years as a result of Yemen’s civil war, a report from Save the Children has found, as the charity urged an immediate ceasefire to prevent more loss of life.

The figure is a conservative estimate based on UN data on severe acute malnutrition, which the international body says has afflicted more than 1.3 million children since the conflict between Houthi rebels and the Saudi-led coalition that seeks to restore Yemen’s exiled government began in 2015.

About 14 million people – half of Yemen’s population – are currently at risk of famine, largely because of Saudi border blockades designed to weaken the Houthis, which have also strangled civilian access to food, fuel, aid and commercial goods.

Fears for Yemen’s civilian population have increased in recent weeks because of an escalation in fighting around the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, through which about 80% of the country’s imports flow.

Even a small amount of damage to the port’s facilities, and a delay in aid deliveries, is likely to lead the UN to declare a widespread famine.

All this, while Trump supports SA. But then, Trump and his family have big business in SA, so who gives a .... about 14 million starving people right?

No, they don't have "big business in SA," although they've done business there in the past, as they have in countries all over the world. Right now they have no ongoing business in S.A. The only stink is about Saudi's staying at the Trump International Hotel in D.C. which is really silly, if you ask me. The Trump business has hotels. Foreign dignitaries come to D.C. They need a place to stay. I don't see what the fuss is about. C'mon.

So 20% of the imports are being blocked by Saudi's. 80% come in through Hodeidah, and people are worried about potential damage to the port and future shipments getting through. The Saudi's are no longer blocking that port, after international insistence that they knock it off.

If you want to know what I think, Trump has made friends with the Royal family over the years, with all his previous business deals there, and he was very impressed and pleased with how they treated him on his first overseas visit. Ego is everything, and his personal opinion is next most important. That is our President. He doesn't care about human rights or starving babies in shit hole foreign nations and he doesn't care what the CIA or anyone else has to say about guys he likes. We should have learned that from the dealings with Putin. Trump LIKES the Crown Prince and his dad, no doubt, and that's all there is to it. Simple and unalterable.

Don't be naive. Turning his business over to his family is a precursor back to him, for which he is still the beneficiary; ime.com/4629308/donald-trump-business-deals-world-map/

Look at the link from Politico. Trump Co. does not have current dealings in S.A.

His family is not officially Trump Co. Which actually means nothing to Trump. He still benefits. To believe otherwise is extremely foolish. Trump gives up nothing, nor will Trump give up anything. Trump's wealth is his family.

And past business with SA does not mean finished business.

People, try and get past Trump's bs. He's pedaled in it, all his life.

‘I like them very much:’ Trump has long-standing business ties with Saudis, who have boosted his hotels since he took office

Trump currently has Emolument clause violation law suits for his continued benefits from SA.

Last edited:
Warning Graphic images.

His family is not officially Trump Co. Which actually means nothing to Trump. He still benefits. To believe otherwise is extremely foolish. Trump gives up nothing, nor will Trump give up anything. Trump's wealth is his family.

‘I like them very much:’ Trump has long-standing business ties with Saudis, who have boosted his hotels since he took office

Trump currently has Emolument clause violation law suits for his continued benefits from SA.

I wasn't listening to Trump. I did trust Politico's analysis though.

And I really give up here. Y'all are just slamming Trump. I'd really like to know how we help the Yemen people, via how we "persuade" S.A. to open that border to necessary food and supplies for civilians or perhaps get them to pull out entirely and let Iran move in on their southern border. Like us letting Russia take over Mexico. I don't think so, no matter how many sanctions we put on them. If Trump wasn't such a close personal buddy of the Saudi Royals, maybe we could walk away from them and at least have our hands halfway clean here, but from what I've heard here, it is not convincing me that anything we do will have much effect on the Yemeni's. Poor people. It sucks to be some people's neighbor. Kinda like Poland, I'm guessing.

I wasn't listening to Trump. I did trust Politico's analysis though.

And I really give up here. Y'all are just slamming Trump. I'd really like to know how we help the Yemen people, via how we "persuade" S.A. to open that border to necessary food and supplies for civilians or perhaps get them to pull out entirely and let Iran move in on their southern border. Like us letting Russia take over Mexico. I don't think so, no matter how many sanctions we put on them. If Trump wasn't such a close personal buddy of the Saudi Royals, maybe we could walk away from them and at least have our hands halfway clean here, but from what I've heard here, it is not convincing me that anything we do will have much effect on the Yemeni's. Poor people. It sucks to be some people's neighbor. Kinda like Poland, I'm guessing.
It's not about slamming Trump. It's about understanding the problem. And if you don't deal with the first hurdle, you aren't going to get to the second. That's just a fact. And as long as we support SA and their activities against Yemen, you aren't going anywhere with this problem. And take a wild guess who supports SA. This isn't that complicated. Just deal with the truth, and you will already know what the solution is.

It seems that unifucation of Yemen was a bad idea from the very beginning. And the only solution to end the Yemen crisis is to divide it into two states as it was before - North Yemen already almost fully controlled by the Houthis, and South Yemen.

It seems that unifucation of Yemen was a bad idea from the very beginning. And the only solution to end the Yemen crisis is to divide it into two states as it was before - North Yemen already almost fully controlled by the Houthis, and South Yemen.
Better yet, why don't we just let Yemen decide what Yemen wants, instead of producing 14 million starving people by way of our own involvement? Because from what I can tell, there won't be any Yemen people to make that decision, thanks to our constant involvement in the ME.

Well, at least we can all rest easy at night knowing that Donald Trump's many investments in Saudi Arabia will be just fine, while millions in Yemen die slow, agonizing deaths.
The Yemen mess began under Obama derp.............And that's when we got thrown out of Yemen............He was kissing Iran's ass............and it is Iran that started this shit there.

In case you haven't noticed, Trump is currently POTUS.

Obama had NO INVESTMENTS with any Saudi Arabia concerns, or Saudi Arabia.

Trump, on the other hand, HAS multiple investments with Saudis & the Saudi Government.

Have a good fvcking day.
What are we to do? Yes, I see a lot of coverage of the toll that war is taking on the civilians there, starving babies, struggling skeletons holding them. Will us turning our back on Saudi Arabia change the situation for them? We aren't supporting their war in any way; they will get their arms elsewhere if we don't sell them to S.A.
I'm just asking, not arguing. How will turning our back on a murderous, vicious regime with a whole lot of oil we need make things better for the starving Yemeni's?

WE don't need a drop of Saudi Oil.

Did you forget that we are the world's largest producer of oil right here in the good ol' US of A?
NO! I did not forget that, and I also know that we also SELL that oil instead of keeping it home, but no one has ever given me a good answer as to why the President and so many others keep warning that we must have the Saudi's goodwill and there will be economic disaster if we piss them off and there will be a giant Depression and blah blah blah.

It is called a global market for a reason, dumbass!

Want a little hint about how to keep people from thinking you are stupid? Stop posting shit you apparently know nothing about.

That should cut your posting rate by about 100%.

You are the consummate dumbass!

Warning Graphic images.

California is having a similar problem....

upload_2018-11-24_17-25-23.jpeg

Third World starvation is simply the definition of Darwinian natural selection in action; for whatever reasons, third world vermin won't control their reproduction voluntarily, so they need natural selection to do it for them. And natural selection states that a species will reproduce until their food source runs out, killing most of them; but the smarter, stronger ones will survive the depletion and be able to find new food sources or be able to migrate to new resources. Thereby repopulating the species with tougher, smarter and more resourceful genes.

Warning Graphic images.

Jamal Khashoggi and Saudi Arabia’s Dismemberment of Yemen | Democracy Now!

"'Saudi Arabia must face the damage from the past three-plus years of war in Yemen.' These words opened the last column by Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi published while he was still alive.

"Three weeks later, on Oct. 2, Khashoggi walked into the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, and was never seen again.

"Khashoggi was instructed to go there by the Saudi ambassador to the U.S., the brother of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, to pick up documents allowing him to remarry.

"It was a ruse.

"Immediately after entering, Khashoggi was grabbed by a 15-member Saudi 'kill team,' tortured, killed and dismembered."

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic"?

Joseph Stalin - Wikiquote

Forum List

Back