Millionaire repub congressman wants a raise

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Millionaire Georgia Republican Says His $172,000 Salary Isn't Enough For 126 Days Of Work -

Americans are struggling. As most Americans are fighting day after day to survive, the wealthy in this county have prospered, and that’s an understatement. The wealthy have fully recovered from the recession and have increased their wealth. No wealthy person has a right to complain about how much money they are making compared to everyone else, especially if those wealthy people are also politicians.

How many ordinary Americans would complain about a job that pays $172,000 to work only 126 days a year? Georgia Republican Congressman Phil Gingrey did exactly that. During a private meeting with fellow Republicans such as John Boehner to discuss exempting members of Congress and their staffs from having to enroll in Obamacare, Rep. Gingrey apparently whined about his salary, according to the National Review. He said while lobbyists can “make 500,000 a year … I’m stuck here making $172,000 a year.”

Instead of feeding at the public trough for doing nothing FOR his own country, maybe he should consider a full time job where he actually works for a living.

In the same publication is an article titled "The Martin Bashir rant should make Sarah Palin shut her mouth for good."

There's no way to tell what really happened, or what the man really claims through the liberal veil or misinformation.

Millionaire Georgia Republican Says His $172,000 Salary Isn't Enough For 126 Days Of Work -

Americans are struggling. As most Americans are fighting day after day to survive, the wealthy in this county have prospered, and that’s an understatement. The wealthy have fully recovered from the recession and have increased their wealth. No wealthy person has a right to complain about how much money they are making compared to everyone else, especially if those wealthy people are also politicians.

How many ordinary Americans would complain about a job that pays $172,000 to work only 126 days a year? Georgia Republican Congressman Phil Gingrey did exactly that. During a private meeting with fellow Republicans such as John Boehner to discuss exempting members of Congress and their staffs from having to enroll in Obamacare, Rep. Gingrey apparently whined about his salary, according to the National Review. He said while lobbyists can “make 500,000 a year … I’m stuck here making $172,000 a year.”

Instead of feeding at the public trough for doing nothing FOR his own country, maybe he should consider a full time job where he actually works for a living.

Didn't Congress set it up that they get automatic raises?

And you were complaining about the e-cig story as being a non-story. Lugnut, you are funny. :clap2::clap2:

So far, only two brain dead rw's don't get it.

Neither of those posts make any sense at all.

But, as usual, both SEEM to be making some sort of weird excuse for the amoral repub.

But, as usual, both SEEM to be making some sort of weird excuse for the amoral repub.

it goes with your thread, which is a non-issue and nonsense.

If he doesn't like his pay, he should resign, how tough is that for you to figure?

How is this an issue?

If he doesn't like his pay, he should resign, how tough is that for you to figure?

How is this an issue?

Talk to the Republican. He's the one who says his part time job, working for China, doesn't pay enough.

How is this an issue?

Talk to the Republican. He's the one who says his part time job, working for China, doesn't pay enough.
You are the idiot posting it, you seem to think it is a big story.

If he doesn't like the pay, he should quit. I don't need to tell him, I don't care if he continues or not, his pay won't change because of his opinion will it?

Maybe you and him will eventually figure it out.

A few facts.

Congress made it mandatory that the President recommend pay raises every year based on the economy. ( done while dems controlled the Congress).

A congressional Representative can NOT get a pay raise until they are reelected. BY LAW.

As for this story, it is from a left wing rag with no evidence it is even truthful much less accurate. And it is a non story due to the fact a Representative must be reelected to get a pay raise no matter what the raise is.

So, neither of got the point.

Whatever.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

We all know no Democrat ever votes themselves a raise, complains about living on a fixed income, or even takes all of their salary.

Wait, I must be thinking about unicorns, because that sure doesn't sound like a politician.

That load is over paid by about $172k.

How many former employees of the Obama White House now work as highly paid lobbyists or Wall Street Banksters?

You first.

So, neither of got the point.

Whatever.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I don't think I got the point either.

Was the point that you were able to find a Republican politician who is also an asshole? Congratulations? Not that hard to do.

Not that hard to find Democrat politicians who are also assholes, either.

I have to agree. Non-issue.

Hummm how about keeping his comments in context? He was railing against special treatment for congress. But hey, why not twist what he said ( not to mention it was relayed by staffers who were angry they would not be given special privileges)

Congressman on Obamacare Exemption: ?Go Home and Talk to Your Wife? | National Review Online

And this was the special treatment he was railing against:

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare exchanges

Washington (CNN) -- Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, one of Obamacare's architects and staunchest supporters, is also the only top congressional leader to exempt some of his staff from having to buy insurance through the law's new exchanges.

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare exchanges - CNN.com

So why, since Reid is Obamacare's biggest proponent? Hummmmm? Care to explain that? Why he would exempt his staff if there were not issues with Obamacare?

CaféAuLait;8248145 said:
And this was the special treatment he was railing against:

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare exchanges

Washington (CNN) -- Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, one of Obamacare's architects and staunchest supporters, is also the only top congressional leader to exempt some of his staff from having to buy insurance through the law's new exchanges.

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare exchanges - CNN.com

So why, since Reid is Obamacare's biggest proponent? Hummmmm? Care to explain that? Why he would exempt his staff if there were not issues with Obamacare?

A little off topic here, but this reminds me of my favorite line out of the dems lately. . .

Nancy Pelosi with her, I didn't say you'd be able to keep your coverage. I never met anyone who liked their coverage.

That shit killed me. I literally had to fight back pissing myself first time I heard that.

As I recall, something close to 90 percent of that first round of exemptions went to her district and to Nevada (Reid). If that shit wasn't a big red flag even before that bullshit statement, holy fuck I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back