Military victory is no longer possible in Iraq

Yes...Yes...Yes...And guess what!?! (I'll write slowly so you understand...) Al Qaeda...wasn't...there...before...the...US...invasion...and...occupation...of...Iraq.

Incorrect. Al Qaeda had a training camp in Northern Iraq, and Saddam supported Hezbollah financially. An Arab Islamic extremist terrorist is an Arab Islamic extremsit terrorist. Borders mean nothing to them.

Had we kept our focus on Afghanistan and not allowed Taliban and Al Qaeda leaders to escape, this would all be a moot point. But we didn't, and now we've a mess of colossal and historic proportions to clean up.

The "mess" we are currently in is more due to playing by a set of rules the enemy does not adhere to but scoffs at and exploits at every opportunity. A big one being that they do not recognize borders while we let borders hamstring us.

In case you don't remember, after Gulf War I, Poppy Bush promised support to the Arabs in Southern Iraq who were rising up against Saddam's regime. Instead, all they got was to be left swinging in the breeze as Saddam's helicopter gunships and cargo chopers full of troops entered the putative "'No-fly Zone" over southern Iraq. There, they proceeded to slaughter the rebels against Saddam.

And you might want to review your history of the Viet Nam conflict. Sounds like you got most of it from Sean Hannity's talking points.

Sounds kind of like you got your version of Gulf War I from Michael Moore. President Bush did not "promise" anything.

So I guess we should just go blow up every country that contains Arab Islamic Extremists ay ? Yeah great freaking idea.

Notice how opposition jackoffs like this scoff at every idea given but never have one fucking idea of their own?

Bully does have a point, as sick as that makes me.

The situation in Iraq is unwinnable as currently being ran. The administration has from the beginning paid far too much attention to the pc pacifist crowd and to the antiquated document called the Geneva Convention, it has tied the hands of the generals on the ground to actually fight war and left the troops as sitting ducks on a pond.

I'm no quitter but if the strategy isn't changed to total war soon instead of this bullshit itty bitty patrol strategy, and I believe it won't change, then its time to come home because I don't believe anymore lives are worth Bush's halfassing this war.

Maybe after we leave and the ensuing shithole civil war takes place and the Taliban and Al Qaeda make Iraq their base of operations and we are attacked here a few more times, maybe then and only then will the administration and all these anti-American opposition assholes see that their treasanous opposition to the war and undermining of the effort was a catastrophe.

Bully does have a point, as sick as that makes me.

The situation in Iraq is unwinnable as currently being ran. The administration has from the beginning paid far too much attention to the pc pacifist crowd and to the antiquated document called the Geneva Convention, it has tied the hands of the generals on the ground to actually fight war and left the troops as sitting ducks on a pond.

I'm no quitter but if the strategy isn't changed to total war soon instead of this bullshit itty bitty patrol strategy, and I believe it won't change, then its time to come home because I don't believe anymore lives are worth Bush's halfassing this war.

Maybe after we leave and the ensuing shithole civil war takes place and the Taliban and Al Qaeda make Iraq their base of operations and we are attacked here a few more times, maybe then and only then will the administration and all these anti-American opposition assholes see that their treasanous opposition to the war and undermining of the effort was a catastrophe.

You almost had me .... right up to the point where you think anti-American assholes are going to see, much less admit to their being the cause of anything.

Take this past election, for example. They think this vindicates their treasonous behavior for the past 3 years, when nobody with a brain is agreeing with them. Disagreeing with how the war is being conducted and disagreeing with war itself are two very different topics they have managed to fuse into one, thinking no one else is smart enough to figure it out.

Let me run this sumbitch. I'll give 'em a war they won't believe and have every lefty and PC jackass in the world pissing in their pants. But I'd win.

You almost had me .... right up to the point where you think anti-American assholes are going to see, much less admit to their being the cause of anything.

Take this past election, for example. They think this vindicates their treasonous behavior for the past 3 years, when nobody with a brain is agreeing with them. Disagreeing with how the war is being conducted and disagreeing with war itself are two very different topics they have managed to fuse into one, thinking no one else is smart enough to figure it out.

Let me run this sumbitch. I'll give 'em a war they won't believe and have every lefty and PC jackass in the world pissing in their pants. But I'd win.

Apparently winning when everyone is dead is still a win, right? Even when your goals were to install a democratic government in the Middle East?

Apparently winning when everyone is dead is still a win, right? Even when your goals were to install a democratic government in the Middle East?

Worked in Germany didn't it?

And I have no such notion as installing a Western-style, democratic government in the Middle East. Arab culture and Islam both are not conducive to such a government.

My goal has been and still is to destroy as much of radical Islam as possible. Heard some lefties on here talking crap about us "failing" in Afghanistan. If the bad guys are living like animals in caves, still being pursued, and killed on sight, we haven't failed at shit.

A MAJOR tactical error IMO in Iraq was to let the Shia and Sunni imbed themselves in the populated areas. They should have been kept contained as they were.

How many of the 9/11 hijackers were Arab, Islamic extremists?

Oh come on, you can dodge better than that.

Anywho, Islam, radical and otherwise, is just as fractured a religion as Christianity.

If tomarrow morning many prohibition Baptists went batshit crazy and started killing anyone they saw drinking it wouldn't make much sense to start raiding Lutheran churches would it?

Oh come on, you can dodge better than that.

Anywho, Islam, radical and otherwise, is just as fractured a religion as Christianity.

If tomarrow morning many prohibition Baptists went batshit crazy and started killing anyone they saw drinking it wouldn't make much sense to start raiding Lutheran churches would it?

It's more like this.

If, tomorrow, a mixture of a few denominations of Christians, from several denominations, flew airplanes into buildings, and the only thing they had in common was membership in a secret, underground, terrorist network, being white Americans, and being males in their 20s. I would expect to be pulled aside and given extra screening at every airport. I also wouldn't say anything over the phone or internet I think would make the government nervous. It might be uncomfortable, but I'd try to understand and help the government bring the real terrorists to judgement.

Forum List

Back