Militarized America?

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
I'm not one to bash on the Police Departments in America because I have the utmost respect for what they do, but when I see things like this I'm left scratching my head. The video (linked below) is of a raid of a home. The PD is looking for a few people suspected of Credit Card fraud, but you'd never guess that if I didn't first tell you. This is how they enter a drug den holed up with drug dealer(s). The stack, entry and room clearing is a text book example of 'securing' a potentially hostile drug dealers home.

The only explanation I can come up with is that they used this warrant to practice and polish their raid skills. You'll also see how this could have ended up with the deaths of innocent people including the police. This is just wrong on so many levels.

Anyway watch the video. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

FULL ARTICLE AND VIDEO HERE

Prince’s son, Justin Ross, was in the bathroom when police burst in, and he was carrying a gun that he has the legal right to carry. “I stood up, I drew my weapon, I started to get myself together to get out the door, I heard someone in the main room say police. I re-holstered my weapon sat back down and put my hands in my lap,” Ross recalls.

Smart guy. :thup:

What a monumental screw-up.

Prince’s son, Justin Ross, was in the bathroom when police burst in, and he was carrying a gun that he has the legal right to carry. “I stood up, I drew my weapon, I started to get myself together to get out the door, I heard someone in the main room say police. I re-holstered my weapon sat back down and put my hands in my lap,” Ross recalls.

Smart guy. :thup:

What a monumental screw-up.

Bad very bad,and people that think this is ok are idiots

I'm not one to bash on the Police Departments in America because I have the utmost respect for what they do, but when I see things like this I'm left scratching my head. The video (linked below) is of a raid of a home. The PD is looking for a few people suspected of Credit Card fraud, but you'd never guess that if I didn't first tell you. This is how they enter a drug den holed up with drug dealer(s). The stack, entry and room clearing is a text book example of 'securing' a potentially hostile drug dealers home.

The only explanation I can come up with is that they used this warrant to practice and polish their raid skills. You'll also see how this could have ended up with the deaths of innocent people including the police. This is just wrong on so many levels.

This seems to be a growing problem around the country. It will continue until people stand up and do something about it

An Epidemic of "Isolated Incidents"
"If a widespread pattern of [knock-and-announce] violations were shown . . . there would be reason for grave concern."
—Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, in Hudson v. Michigan, June 15, 2006.

An interactive map of botched SWAT and paramilitary police raids:
Botched Paramilitary Police Raids | Cato Institute

-------------------------------------

What particularly bothers me about this incident in Iowa is that they purposely destroyed the security cameras on site so that there would be no recording of the raid. That action alone raises a serious eyebrow that they knew the way they were conducting themselves may not have been on the up and up.

On this map, the types of raids gone wrong are color coded. If you click on a specific raid, a synopsis of the raid appears. There are an alarming number of raids where the SWAT team went to the wrong address. Their color coded pin marks a "Raid on an Innocent Suspect". Another category prominent on the map is the "Death of an innocent" marker.

http://www.cato.org/raidmap

I'm thankful the police in my community have moved to the complete opposite end of the scale. They go to great lengths to foster a cooperative, community supported policing policy. Rather than equipping for and seeking out armed confrontations, they are all about deescalating situations. They know what they are doing and they are supported for it. That support would change in a flash if they were to go Rambo Wannabe on us. The mayor knows he'd be out of office in a split second as well. At least for our community, the system is working great.

I'd have a hard time living in a community with these paramilitary Barney Fife mind sets.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, but why was the guy sitting on the toilet with a gun? Do gun owners usually take a shit while holding a firearm? I know I don't. So why was he?

Maybe I missed it, but why was the guy sitting on the toilet with a gun? Do gun owners usually take a shit while holding a firearm? I know I don't. So why was he?

Why does it matter? It's his house. If he wants to take a shit holding his gun then that's his right. If he wants to dance around his house naked to polka music why does he need a reason?

Our most vulnerable times are when we're on the toilet and taking a shower. Defense experts often suggest keeping a weapon in there for this reason.

As to the issue of police-involved accidents from wrong address to bad intelligence, since most criminals will try tog et away, there's no thing as too much force. When going into someone's 'castle' the aim is to shock and awe and to do things so shockingly and quickly than defenders can't react and think fast enough to repel you. Whether drug raids or white collar stuff, going into someone's possibly well-fortified home means having to stun your opponent literally and figuratively.

But anything involving human beings will never be perfect and flawless. But for every incident that makes the news, many successful raids also happened. Don't let the ones that get publicized give you the impression the whole affair is bad.

"Knock, knock, knock...Candygram." :)

Attachments

• $product_image.php.jpg
    $product_image.php.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 65

Why does it matter? It's his house. If he wants to take a shit holding his gun then that's his right. If he wants to dance around his house naked to polka music why does he need a reason?

It was holstered. Like having a billfold in your back pocket, or even a pocket knife.

What particularly bothers me about this incident in Iowa is that they purposely destroyed the security cameras on site so that there would be no recording of the raid. That action alone raises a serious eyebrow that they knew the way they were conducting themselves may not have been on the up and up.

Why else would they destroy someone property?

This seems to be a growing problem around the country. It will continue until people stand up and do something about it

It will not stop unless and until people start dropping the hammer on bad cops. Put enough in the ground and maybe the rest will wise up.

Why else would they destroy someone property?

The same reason they stomp pets to death, beat the shit out of people, Taser 80-year-old women, and smash anything in sight: the sheer joy of thuggery!

They don't enter the drug dealers property like that at all.
They sit down the street or outside the parking lot busting college kids buying the dope.

Just watch COPS ... They will be standing around in $4500 worth of tactical gear shaking down a kid and telling him they know he bought dope from the dealer in the apartment complex unit 37B.
Who the heck wants to get shot busting the drug dealers when you can wear your cool duds and kick in the doors of non-violent criminals?

I am surprised they didn't shoot the dog.

Forum List

Back