Microsoft's quantum computing team is working on a technology called topological qubits.

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
For faster quantum computing, Microsoft builds a better qubit.
Google just announced quantum supremacy, a milestone in which the radically different nature of a quantum computer lets it vastly outpace a traditional machine. But Microsoft expects progress of its own by redesigning the core element of quantum computing, the qubit.

Microsoft has been working on a qubit technology called a topological qubit that it expects will deliver benefits from quantum computing technology that today are mostly just a promise. After spending five years figuring out the complicated hardware of topological qubits, the company is almost ready to put them to use, said Krysta Svore, general manager of Microsoft's quantum computing software work.
Microsoft's better quantum computer tech is almost ready

As I understand this, if this works fully as posed.
I can have a really super faster laptop as of today.
That will only need the power of a few solar cells on
the 15' laptops working today. Really saying 100Wh battery would power
me for 6 months plus before needing to charge.
Or a cell phone brain on lower power with the same storage working more time than that.

And China is developing a super computer that runs on shitfits. They're recruiting coders from American universities, hiring the most thoroughly indoctrinated.

They can't miss!

• Banned
And China is developing a super computer that runs on . They're recruiting coders from American universities, hiring the most thoroughly indoctrinated.

They can't miss!
Shitfits will not overpower qubits' powers.

For faster quantum computing, Microsoft builds a better qubit.
Google just announced quantum supremacy, a milestone in which the radically different nature of a quantum computer lets it vastly outpace a traditional machine. But Microsoft expects progress of its own by redesigning the core element of quantum computing, the qubit.

Microsoft has been working on a qubit technology called a topological qubit that it expects will deliver benefits from quantum computing technology that today are mostly just a promise. After spending five years figuring out the complicated hardware of topological qubits, the company is almost ready to put them to use, said Krysta Svore, general manager of Microsoft's quantum computing software work.
Microsoft's better quantum computer tech is almost ready

As I understand this, if this works fully as posed.
I can have a really super faster laptop as of today.
That will only need the power of a few solar cells on
the 15' laptops working today. Really saying 100Wh battery would power
me for 6 months plus before needing to charge.
Or a cell phone brain on lower power with the same storage working more time than that.
Where did you come up with that?

New Topics

Forum List

Back