Michigan teen suspect’s parents found hiding in Detroit art studio after hours-long search

Nowadays, mentally ill people are usually considered normal and take offense if you point out they are goofy in the head.

You have millions of men who walk around thinking they are dames, and will sue your ass if you "misgender" them and address them as "sir".

We're living in a different world than when I was a kid, occ. The days of dressing nut cases in strait jackets and housing them in lunatic asylums are over.
We are way better at managing mild to moderate mental illness on an outpatient basis but someone has to pay attention first. High school social outcasts have few friends and usually have negligent parents. No one gives a damn that the quiet kid at the back of the room might want to destroy the cold social prison they are in until they snap.

Just watched the first court appearance. 4 counts of involuntary manslaughter for each parent.

There seemed to be a lot of confusion about if they were actually trying to flee or were waiting for advice from the attorneys. They did withdraw a large amount of cash but they gave an unknown portion of that to the law firm hired. Seems to me that if you intend to flee you wouldn't be giving money to attorneys to represent you.

500k bail seems excessive to me just based on the limited facts presented.

I currently have no opinion of their guilt or innocence and need to hear the facts

I"m pretty much at a loss for words, I can't even imagine what they thought they were going to do or try to go.

Michigan shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley's parents arrested in Detroit after manhunt7
That article is pretty weak "The couple each face four counts of involuntary manslaughter in connection to Tuesday's tragedy at Oxford High School for refusing to take their son out of school after staff said he exhibited warning signs of violence and needed counseling, according to authorities."? I think it's a little more involved than failure to take their dumb ass kid out of school.

They were hiding in the art studio in Detroit, planning on turning themselves in despite turning off their cell phones and taking their life savings out of the bank. Meanwhile, they knew their son was in good hands.

Kind of sad that the Christmas gift didn't even make it to Christmas. It's now Court Exhibit A.

I"m pretty much at a loss for words, I can't even imagine what they thought they were going to do or try to go.

Michigan shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley's parents arrested in Detroit after manhunt7
Think the prosecutor is trying to make a name for himself and is going after the parents to harass and break the evil kid. They are reporting that they haven't told the evil kid that his parents have been locked up in the same facility also in isolation like him and that they won't be coming to visit him. Evil kid should be killed off----don't understand the attack on the parents or the not telling the evil kid that his parent can't show up for visits. Doesn't sound right or legal to me and think this sets a bad precedent for people down the road.

When these things happen we almost never end up with an understandable motive. We moan a little about the lack of mental health care or the people who ignored the warning signs and in the end nothing will have been learned.
Unless the kid is black. Had this been a black child who parents then decided to try hiding from the cop, the racist bullshit we would see posted here would be monumental.

We don't see the lectures about failed white culture even as these shootings continue primarily by whites. But we saw right on time the "their parents must be liberal" crap. Instead this is treated as a single family problem which would not have happened if these people had been black. On top of this, the kid murdered these people living in a standard family unit complete with daddy at home.

Forum List

Back