Michigan SOS Issues Unconstitutional Polling Decree

Michigan has a rino legislature but is ruled by an unholy trinity of Democrat women working to steal the election for the far left.

Michigan has never had a problem with voter intimidation, particularly with guns.

But out of the blue, recently, again without the legislature, the SOS issued an UNCONSTITUTIONAL EDICT that no one may open carry within 100 feet of a polling place.

She did this without consulting anyone, including law enforcement.

Now why do you suppose a Democrat, who has been slapped down so many times before, would put out another unconstitutional decree? The answer should be obvious

Hint: she is daring "gun nuts" to defy her order

Given THIS, breaking into the Michigan statehouse....

960x0.jpg

and the fact that people would even think of bringing guns to the polls in these heated times...she is 100% right.

Guns don't belong at polls. If you consider THIS to be "voter intimidation"

20090528-220917-pic-603250881.jpg

then what do you think armed 2nd Amenders are?
Going and voting, while carrying a weapon, and leaving, shouldn’t be an issue. Assuming the person isn’t standing around, verbally engaging people, etc.
Standing around the polls with a weapon, talking shit to people, is outrageous. Whether it’s done by the guy with an American flag T-shirt or the shit bird black panthers shown above.
Again, I believe it’s the actions that are at issue, not the weapon you carry.

Now don’t misunderstand my position.
I don’t believe someone should open carry to the polls. It can be visibly intimidating to people. Yes, I do think that is their personal problem, and I think shitting ones pants at the sight of a person armed is a sign of either poor psychological development or some kind of lost traumatic stress problem (the person was raped, assaulted, robbed, etc). But while I believe I do have the right to carry a weapon, I don’t visibly do so because I don’t want to cause people distress. I think it’s part of ones personal responsibility when they choose to exercise their constitutional rights, to do so responsibly and with consideration.

In this instance, Stretchin Gretchen is exceeding her authority to “order” people not to carry weapons at the polls. If she was a thoughtful, respectful leader, she should have politely asked people not to OPENLY carry weapons at the poll for the sakes of those who could be scared/frightened/intimidated etc, despite their right to do so.

So to sum it up...
I believe people have the right to carry weapons, whether concealed or openly, as spelled out clearly in our founding documents and elaborated on one the federalist papers. I also believe that being a citizen who is respectful of ones fellow citizens is important, and I personally would not OPENLY carry one of my weapons at a poll out of consideration for my fellow citizens who may be scared by this (even if I think their fear is misplaced).

Does that sound reasonable enough? I believe it’s a rather well thought out and reasoned position.

It does. And it's brilliant - thank you for posting that. Wish more people held that view.

My personal feeling - just mine, is that there are a few places guns don't belong - polls, where even political messaging on shirts is a no-no, places like state houses etc - but that is my opinion on what is appropriate.

Another concern is - the times we are in right now. People yelling about upcoming civil war, get your guns, etc etc. Increasingly violent demonstrations, where all sides now appear to be well armed. A lot of roiling emotion, conspiracy theory etc. fueling political anger. Perhaps, this year, polling places are not the place for weapons. They're supposed to be a civil way of settling political disputes. JMO.

Michigan has a rino legislature but is ruled by an unholy trinity of Democrat women working to steal the election for the far left.

Michigan has never had a problem with voter intimidation, particularly with guns.

But out of the blue, recently, again without the legislature, the SOS issued an UNCONSTITUTIONAL EDICT that no one may open carry within 100 feet of a polling place.

Now why do you suppose a Democrat, who has been slapped down so many times before, would put out another unconstitutional decree? The answer should be obvious

Given THIS, breaking into the Michigan statehouse....

960x0.jpg

and the fact that people would even think of bringing guns to the polls in these heated times...she is 100% right.

Guns don't belong at polls. If you consider THIS to be "voter intimidation"

20090528-220917-pic-603250881.jpg

then what do you think armed 2nd Amenders are?
Going and voting, while carrying a weapon, and leaving, shouldn’t be an issue. Assuming the person isn’t standing around, verbally engaging people, etc.
Standing around the polls with a weapon, talking shit to people, is outrageous. Whether it’s done by the guy with an American flag T-shirt or the shit bird black panthers shown above.
Again, I believe it’s the actions that are at issue, not the weapon you carry.

Now don’t misunderstand my position.
I don’t believe someone should open carry to the polls. It can be visibly intimidating to people. Yes, I do think that is their personal problem, and I think shitting ones pants at the sight of a person armed is a sign of either poor psychological development or some kind of lost traumatic stress problem (the person was raped, assaulted, robbed, etc). But while I believe I do have the right to carry a weapon, I don’t visibly do so because I don’t want to cause people distress. I think it’s part of ones personal responsibility when they choose to exercise their constitutional rights, to do so responsibly and with consideration.

In this instance, Stretchin Gretchen is exceeding her authority to “order” people not to carry weapons at the polls. If she was a thoughtful, respectful leader, she should have politely asked people not to OPENLY carry weapons at the poll for the sakes of those who could be scared/frightened/intimidated etc, despite their right to do so.

So to sum it up...
I believe people have the right to carry weapons, whether concealed or openly, as spelled out clearly in our founding documents and elaborated on one the federalist papers. I also believe that being a citizen who is respectful of ones fellow citizens is important, and I personally would not OPENLY carry one of my weapons at a poll out of consideration for my fellow citizens who may be scared by this (even if I think their fear is misplaced).

Does that sound reasonable enough? I believe it’s a rather well thought out and reasoned position.

It does. And it's brilliant - thank you for posting that. Wish more people held that view.

My personal feeling - just mine, is that there are a few places guns don't belong - polls, where even political messaging on shirts is a no-no, places like state houses etc - but that is my opinion on what is appropriate.

Another concern is - the times we are in right now. People yelling about upcoming civil war, get your guns, etc etc. Increasingly violent demonstrations, where all sides now appear to be well armed. A lot of roiling emotion, conspiracy theory etc. fueling political anger. Perhaps, this year, polling places are not the place for weapons. They're supposed to be a civil way of settling political disputes. JMO.
Understandable. I think that is a rational position.
Personally, I carry mine concealed. I do it everywhere, because bad people don’t make appointments or care about where you are.
But I would not carry openly, especially at a polling place.
A polling place is not the place for any kind of political statement or disruption. Go, vote, leave. Doing anythjng disruptive should absolutely not be tolerated.

thanks

I'm dubious of the legality, but why would anyone openly carry a rifle or even a pistol at a polling place unless their intent was to disrupt other citizens exercising their most basic right?

I'm dubious of the legality, but why would anyone openly carry a rifle or even a pistol at a polling place unless their intent was to disrupt other citizens exercising their most basic right?
In my opinion, it’s 2 parts.
Part of it is people wanting to show hey look, you can have a weapon and not slaughter everyone like the media pretends will happen. Trying to normalize the sight of guns.
And 2, it’s a big fuck you to the politicians, and a reminder that people are armed and will stand up to them.

Part of it is people wanting to show hey look, you can have a weapon and not slaughter everyone like the media pretends will happen. Trying to normalize the sight of guns.
And 2, it’s a big fuck you to the politicians, and a reminder that people are armed and will stand up to them.
But you scare your fellow citizens who have not harmed you. Not cool

Hmmm, so firearms are forbidden, but knives, clubs, chains, and bombs are not? I can see it now, someone walks up to the 100 foot line, leaves his gun with his buddy, walks across the line and gets stabbed by a deranged leftist who doesn't want what he thinks will be another vote for TRUMP! to be cast.

It is common sense given the dangerous times we live in. We have had the FBI break up a attempted kidnapping. 2 of them were in the Michigan legislative chambers brandishing weapons. Animals like you need to be dealt with. Why does anyone need to openly carry a weapon? If they can't enforce it then they should quit. I am getting tired of these people who seem to think they can decide which laws they want to enforce. The idea that a state cannot keep a polling place safe proactively is ridiculous.
Concealed Carry permit holders are among the safest people to be around.

Hmmm, so firearms are forbidden, but knives, clubs, chains, and bombs are not? I can see it now, someone walks up to the 100 foot line, leaves his gun with his buddy, walks across the line and gets stabbed by a deranged leftist who doesn't want what he thinks will be another vote for TRUMP! to be cast.
I mean there's a much greater chance some "leftist" will stab me as I try to vote than me getting in a car accident. It's a very frequent occurrance and something we all should worry about …. a lot.

This rule is just plain common sense.

There is no reason for anyone to carry a weapon within 100 feet of a polling place. None.

If you are such a lily-livered, hysterical coward that you think that you have to carry a weapon with you, lock it in your car when you go near a polling place. Presumably you have a leather gun case with a padlock on it.

I remember when Americans were not nuts.
Interesting. So according to you, you don’t need to have your gun on you near a polling place. Is there some magical spell that has been cast that grants protection around polling places? Tell me, where else don’t I need to carry a gun?
Perhaps you have some insight into the future you can share with everyone. Let people know exactly where they will be safe, and where they will be in danger.
Who needs firearms for personal protection, and police when we have you around? You can just let us know where to go that we will be safe.

Most people don't walk around in public with guns. Tell us what it is exactly that you are afraid of and why you are such a coward. It's the cowards WITH guns who make our public places unsafe. This is the only time in my entire life that we've seen these these little bearded bitch-boys running around in cammies with large penis-extenders showing off that they never grew up and never had parents fit to raise them. Those in my family who owned guns had locked leather cases for them.

Grow up.
Lol.
The old “you have a small penis” routine when it comes to guns.
Where donyou live exactly? The north east? I’d understand your nanny state mentality coming from those areas.
I’ll try and have a civil discussion with you about this.
People such as myself carry firearms because I believe it is my personal responsibility to provide for my safety as well as my family’s. I don’t have an armed security detail. I also don’t have a cop in my back pocket at all times. If you believe it is the governments responsibility to provide for your personal protection, good luck with that. I think there are tens of thousands (if not more) assaults, ratings, armed robbery, kidnappings, and murders each year that demonstrate that approach doesn’t work.
Police are law enforcement, and generally arrive after the crime has been committed. Their presence also prevents crime in society on the whole. But as demonstrated by the sheer volume of crimes that exist, they don’t protect you personally.

It is your God given right to protect yourself and your family. As such, firearms are a constitutionally recognized tool to do such. If you choose to go without, that’s on you. I hope you’re never put in the position where you need one.

As for openly carrying firearms,personally I’m not a fan of open carry. I don’t want anyone with ill intent seeing my weapon and getting any stupid ideas. I also know the sight of a weapon also sends some people (such as yourself, I’m betting) into a panic.
Since you’re calling people cowards, I think that piss your pants when seeing a weapon is pretty cowardly. I don’t want to deal with It. However, the visible carrying of weapons should not be restricted. Aside from your feels, is there some reason you are opposed to it? You like to cite the men open carrying long guns at the capital as your reference. Care to show me where any of those people attacked anyone, shot anyone, committed a crime in any way?
You can’t, because they didn’t. Instead they chose to make a political statement, did so peacefully, and left.
Gun control statistics and crime statistics clearly show that restricting firearms, banning xyz, etc has a negative impact on the crime rate. To argue otherwise either shows ignorance of the subject or dishonesty.
So since statistics completely goes against your position, is it safe to say your gun positions are all about feels? Or are you just unaware of the statistics?
In addition, what part of “shall not be infringed” is hard for you to understand?

I'm from Jersey. I've lived in DC, and the DC suburbs in Maryland and Virginia. Was close enough for my bathroom to shake when the plane hit the Pentagon.

What high-crime area do you live in that you are so scared, little man?

My position on guns, particularly on assault weapons, has nothing to do with "feels." I have no way of judging the sanity of someone who would prance around in public with an assault weapon trying to intimidate people and/or trying to fool people into thinking that s/he is military, but there is cause to doubt it due to their monkey behavior. No one knows who is going to commit a crime until a crime is committed. Please note the asshole who raided the pizza parlor on Connecticut Ave. Please note the asshole who came from out of state to kill people in Kenosha. Some of these bitches in the Michigan state house were prancing around with long guns screaming, unmasked into the cops' faces. They fuck up like that in Richmond, too. A guy whom I was talking to at the supermarket two days ago told me that most of these bitches are from southern Virginia, which appears to be quite a zoo for the uncivilized.

The 2nd Amendment applies only to those in the National Guard.

Don't try to portray yourself to the public as having some sort of legitimate authority because you don't have any.
You're a whole 'nother level of stoopid. You make Penelope sound like Einstein.

Do you mean at the polls, or in general?
I would ask the bigger question is...why are these people scared? As stated above, being around people who carry guns is just about the safest place on earth you can be.
Perhaps the media and leftist politicians should be held to account for misrepresenting this.

I own exactly 7 guns. I've never had the abnormal thought to carry one into a voting place. That's bizarre. Do we need people packing in a polling location?

Well suppose a far out lefty freak and a wacko mutant far right get in an argument because they are so unbelievably stupid to think their viewpoint is the way one must vote to "save the nation" from whatever bs straw man mythical reason. Now I detest both of them because they are the problem.. so then a gun comes into play. Not a safe situation for the rest.

Do you ever bitch about the violation of the 4th amendment which occurs on a regular basis by state and fed on asset forfeiture or do you only care about the second and ignore the rest?

Sounds like a good topic for a thread, why not start one with that as the topic so we can stay on topic with this thread.

Think it worse than that----

Dems are throwing the election into complete and utter chaos so no winner can be named. Neither will be awarded the 270 electoral votes----so Pelosi by Us law will then become leader on Jan. 20, 2021 because a new president can not be named without the electoral votes. Preventing voters from carrying weapons---allows BLM antifa BLACK PANTHERS to attack voters preventing them from being shot without fear of being shot-----------nullifying the election.

Vote early in person.....
I KNOW some gun "nut" or 10 will open carry just to challenge this.

The Scriptures say we need to be wise as serpents but harmless as doves.

The unholy trinity WANTS them to so when Michigan goes to Trump, THEY CAN SAY Biden voters were intimidated, and challenge the results in court. That's what most of us believe.

Even if a 2nd Amendment type DOESNT show up with a gun, you can bet some DEMOCRAT will just so they can use this.
My hubby is from the UP of Michigan orginally-----I know plenty of gun toting Michiganites---think many, especially given their hate of the dem governor in all of Michigan now, are going to ignore the decree---------and I suspect that the libs will send out their brown shirts to attack---I expect riots/stabbings/shootings on election night. I hope not but ......

You people are the fascist pigs that need to be dealt with. Anyone who does then they should be arrested. It is time to deal with lawless thugs like you. The fact they hate the Governor is the exact reason why such a ban should be enforced.

The fascists seem to be the ones that want to suppress people from practicing their rights. I believe the courts would rule the law as unconstitutional

This rule is just plain common sense.

There is no reason for anyone to carry a weapon within 100 feet of a polling place. None.

If you are such a lily-livered, hysterical coward that you think that you have to carry a weapon with you, lock it in your car when you go near a polling place. Presumably you have a leather gun case with a padlock on it.

I remember when Americans were not nuts.
Interesting. So according to you, you don’t need to have your gun on you near a polling place. Is there some magical spell that has been cast that grants protection around polling places? Tell me, where else don’t I need to carry a gun?
Perhaps you have some insight into the future you can share with everyone. Let people know exactly where they will be safe, and where they will be in danger.
Who needs firearms for personal protection, and police when we have you around? You can just let us know where to go that we will be safe.

Most people don't walk around in public with guns. Tell us what it is exactly that you are afraid of and why you are such a coward. It's the cowards WITH guns who make our public places unsafe. This is the only time in my entire life that we've seen these these little bearded bitch-boys running around in cammies with large penis-extenders showing off that they never grew up and never had parents fit to raise them. Those in my family who owned guns had locked leather cases for them.

Grow up.
Actually LOTS of people carry guns, just not openly most of the time.
Just like I don't stand on street corners waving signs with what I want to say on them........ but I have every right to do so if I choose. And I will.

BFYTW

Assertion of their civil right to do so.
That's really the only reason I would ever openly carry a firearm.

I prefer that the only way someone knows for sure I have a firearm is if they searched me (which I won't allow), or physically attacked me. They'll find out then.

They scare me when they believe they can vote away my liberties and then send cops after me for it.
Not cool.

I own exactly 7 guns. I've never had the abnormal thought to carry one into a voting place. That's bizarre. Do we need people packing in a polling location?
A lot of people carry everywhere and don't even think about it unless someone brings it up (or attacks them), so the question isn't "Why?"; in a free country, the question is "Why not?"

Forum List

Back