Miami police launch investigation after doctor who tests homeless for coronavirus handcuffed outside home

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The Miami Police Department on Saturday launched an investigation into the detainment of a doctor who was leading an effort to test the city’s homeless population for the coronavirus.

Dr. Armen Henderson was put in handcuffs outside his home in Miami's Flagami neighborhood Friday by a City of Miami Police sergeant. The incident was captured on a security camera at Henderson's residence. The doctor later provided the video to the Miami Herald.

In his own video message shared on Twitter Saturday, Miami Police Chief Jorge Colina said Henderson was temporarily detained after it appeared he was illegally offloading trash from a cargo van outside his home.

Henderson told the Herald he was released after he yelled for his wife, who brought out his identification. The video showed Henderson was wearing a mask; the police sergeant was not.

This is a link to the prior article in the Miami Herald

That guy is pretty damn awesome.

Read the title and wondered --- how do you "test homeless"? I've heard of testing positive, testing negative, but "homeless"?

Good for the good doctor. The police sergeant should arrest himself. Won't even need a mask.

The Miami mayor is a wanna-be dictator, He has closed Parks, Boat Ramps and Marina and has gone above and beyond the House Arrest by implementing a nightly curfew. The mayor is a a shit for brains so arresting the Doc does not surprise me

While I think he arrested the guy really early on.........it is important to note the police dept. had been told that a lot of illegal dumping was in this area................aka ...people dumping their trash in someone else's yard for the county to pick up.

So.....if you were the police officer and you say a van full of what looks like trash in the back of a van.......Would YOU not think that is SUSPICIOUS driving by.....given that you were warned this was happening in the morning briefing..........

It was a temp deal.....at the end of the video you could see the Doctor was being released.........

I commend the Doctor for what he is doing......and don't really think this is as big a deal as made out.

the detainment of a doctor who was leading an effort to test the city’s homeless population for the coronavirus.
Was is a mental health hold? Perhaps the good doctor himself went mad and had to be detained in case he was a danger to himself or others or unable to take care of himself. Did the city's finest law enforcement officers search his home to make sure he didn't have access to any firearms?

Forum List

Back