Mexico president: 'We won't pay for wall'

Frankly - why should Mexico pay for a wall?

WE are responsible for border security entering our country.

THEY are responsible for border security entering their country.

Given that Mexico has a huge problem with American gun runners - maybe we should pay for the wall to prevent our people from smuggling guns down there?
Like Fast and Furious?

Good for President Enrique Pena Nieto.

World - BBC News

That is what every debtor says to their creditors!

Trump has kept every campaign promise thus far, he will get this one!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That's hilarious, mentioning Rump in the same post with the word "debtor".

Mexico isn't a "debtor" though. A "debtor" is somebody who owes something. Neither Mexico, nor anybody else, "owes" Donald the Rump a penny for the purpose of polishing an empty emotional-appeal campaign sound bite about a goofass project that was never going to happen anyway. That's Rump's problem --- not Mexico's.

I know he's never done it in his life but eventually Rump IS going to have to start taking responsibility for his own actions. And it's our job to make him do it ---- not to enable his irresponsibility.

World - BBC News

Mexico isn't a "debtor" though. A "debtor" is somebody who owes something. Neither Mexico, nor anybody else, "owes" Donald the Rump a penny for the purpose of polishing an empty emotional-appeal campaign sound bite about a goofass project that was never going to happen anyway. That's Rump's problem --- not Mexico's.

Then Mexico has nothing to worry about, eh?

World - BBC News

Correct. And to the point directly, it's certainly not a "debtor" for a wall that doesn't even EXIST.

World - BBC News

Correct. And to the point directly, it's certainly not a "debtor" for a wall that doesn't even EXIST.

I see sarcasm passed you by.

The government of Mexico has not been doing their due diligence to discourage their countrymen from illegally entering our country, quite the opposite in fact. They have been encouraging illegal migration into the USA as a safety valve for their own corruption and bad economy at home.

The inconvenient fact is that most 'illegals' don't come from that border anyway. That hasn't been the case for decades.

At this point it's worth recalling the Rump "University" playbook's advice:

"You don't sell products, benefits or solutions ---- you sell FEELINGS".

Whelp... that's exactly what this phantom "wall" is. An impossible structure that nobody will pay for or build for the purpose of stopping what isn't happening anyway. But it does sell feelings. At least to the Gullibles.
My co-worker's cousin is a guard at the border and the cousin says you're a phucking idiot.

but but but....The Donald sez they will!

Mexico receives over $420 million annually in US foreign aid.

Mexicans send over $120 billion back home annually, so a 10% surtax on that transfer would net $12 billion annually.

A 20% tax on all goods coming in from Mexico would net $13 billion annually.

But who knows how much Mexico is paying already in businesses that are not moving to Mexico?

And they cannot stop any of it at all. They can only respond by putting their own taxes on goods and payments sent from Mexico, but we still come out way ahead the worse the trade barriers get as we keep more and more businesses here.

A 20% tax on all goods coming in from Mexico would net $13 billion annually.

We imported about $300 billion in goods from Mexico last year.

The government of Mexico has not been doing their due diligence to discourage their countrymen from illegally entering our country, quite the opposite in fact. They have been encouraging illegal migration into the USA as a safety valve for their own corruption and bad economy at home.

The inconvenient fact is that most 'illegals' don't come from that border anyway. That hasn't been the case for decades.

Whelp... that's exactly what this phantom "wall" is. An impossible structure that nobody will pay for or build for the purpose of stopping what isn't happening anyway. But it does sell feelings. At least to the Gullibles.
My co-worker's cousin is a guard at the border and the cousin says you're a phucking idiot.
Most come from below Mexico.

Given that Mexico has a huge problem with American gun runners - maybe we should pay for the wall to prevent our people from smuggling guns down there?

I agree...shooting them would be far cheaper.

World - BBC News

I know he's never done it in his life but eventually Rump IS going to have to start taking responsibility for his own actions. And it's our job to make him do it ---- not to enable his irresponsibility.
Sorry, loser Lib crybaby, the wall's going up.

Most come from below Mexico.

So?

Forum List

Back