Mexican President: "Fentanyl is your problem"

That SOB has a lot of nerve. Can you imagine what Trump would have done to Mexico if he had been told that?

"MEXICO CITY — Mexico’s president said Thursday that his country does not produce or consume fentanyl, despite enormous evidence to the contrary.

President Andros Manuel Lopez Obrador appeared to depict the synthetic opioid epidemic largely as a U.S. problem, and said the United States should use family values to fight drug addiction.

His statement came during a visit to Mexico by Liz Sherwood-Randall, the White House Homeland Security Advisor, to discuss the fentanyl crisis. It also comes amid calls by U.S. Republicans to use the U.S. military to attack drug labs in Mexico.

The Mexican government has acknowledged in the past that fentanyl is produced at labs in Mexico using precursor chemicals imported from China. Fentanyl has been blamed for about 70,000 opioid deaths per year in the United States.

“Here, we do not produce fentanyl, and we do not have consumption of fentanyl,” Lopez Obrador said. “Why don’t they (the United States) take care of their problem of social decay?”

Mexican president to US: Fentanyl is your problem

I guess until rich Politicians 15yr old kids start being found dead from one improted Mexican pill in the den with the TV blaring at 11PM.....nothing will happen.
Normal Americans kids with two working parents.........are not important.

Since that's a catholic-CIA puppet-joke now in the White House, his drug-eating son's connections to Metabiota are suspicious for lacing the fentanyl with xylazine. Metabiota would use xylazine to tranq-down the animals for blood sampling so they can collect viruses.

So get tough and show them who’s boss, like we're trying to do in Ukraine? If we had spent half as much on the southern border wall and the Border Patrol as we have protecting Ukraine's border, there would be no fentanyl problem.

We have spent more than a trillion dollars just on the war on drugs. A trillion dollars. More than fifty billion every year for fifty years. We have done nothing but pour money down the drain.

If you add in the money we spend on Border Enforcement, you are talking about another half a trillion just since 2003, when we formed the Department of Homeland Insecurity. There are four times as many agents on the border now, as there were in 1992. Think about that. We have quadrupled the number of agents, and made no headway in stopping drugs. None. Drugs are more available now, than ever before.

Drugs come in by every imaginable way. They come by boat, plane, cargo ship, cruise ships, truck, rail, and people carrying it across on their backs.

We couldn’t stop the flow of Alcohol during prohibition. We can’t stop the drugs. Now, you really want to spend more on immigration? Here is what you do. Stop throwing fifty billion dollars at the war on drugs every year. Take half that money and use it for treatment, and take the other half and hire another ten thousand ICE and CBP folks. I’m sure another doubling will do it.

Hell even typing that caused me to roll my eyes so far back into my head I could see my hair growing.

Stop being dumb. Stop pretending that it would work if we only got serious. We’ve been serious for fifty years, and we’ve accomplished less than nothing. We are on third generation Federal Agents fighting the war on drugs, and we haven’t dented it yet.

Legalize it, tax it, and then sit back and watch what happens. Cartels will collapse without income from our users. Crime will fall, and organized crime will lose a significant source of income. Tax revenue will increase, and that would mean even more money for your border wouldn’t it?

Idiots.

We have spent more than a trillion dollars just on the war on drugs. A trillion dollars. More than fifty billion every year for fifty years. We have done nothing but pour money down the drain.

If you add in the money we spend on Border Enforcement, you are talking about another half a trillion just since 2003, when we formed the Department of Homeland Insecurity. There are four times as many agents on the border now, as there were in 1992. Think about that. We have quadrupled the number of agents, and made no headway in stopping drugs. None. Drugs are more available now, than ever before.

Drugs come in by every imaginable way. They come by boat, plane, cargo ship, cruise ships, truck, rail, and people carrying it across on their backs.

We couldn’t stop the flow of Alcohol during prohibition. We can’t stop the drugs. Now, you really want to spend more on immigration? Here is what you do. Stop throwing fifty billion dollars at the war on drugs every year. Take half that money and use it for treatment, and take the other half and hire another ten thousand ICE and CBP folks. I’m sure another doubling will do it.

Hell even typing that caused me to roll my eyes so far back into my head I could see my hair growing.

Stop being dumb. Stop pretending that it would work if we only got serious. We’ve been serious for fifty years, and we’ve accomplished less than nothing. We are on third generation Federal Agents fighting the war on drugs, and we haven’t dented it yet.

Legalize it, tax it, and then sit back and watch what happens. Cartels will collapse without income from our users. Crime will fall, and organized crime will lose a significant source of income. Tax revenue will increase, and that would mean even more money for your border wouldn’t it?

Idiots.

Like most GOVT programs. 10X more costly and 1/10 the desired results.

but you are OK with HUD CDC and all the other 1000s' of trillion dollar GOVT programs eh?

Idiots.
As long as the POSPOTUS allows border porosity, treatment too will remain greenhorn reasoning. Legalizing also plays into capital's hands precisely by taxing it. You are getting amnesia about xylazine added to this drug. You simply don't know the consequences of this new drug assemblage.

Gullible young victims only need one hit to get killed, whether or not they know they're taking fentanyl. It kills quickly, George Floyd would know.

As long as the POSPOTUS allows border porosity, treatment too will remain greenhorn reasoning. Legalizing also plays into capital's hands precisely by taxing it. You are getting amnesia about xylazine added to this drug. You simply don't know the consequences of this new drug assemblage.

Gullible young victims only need one hit to get killed, whether or not they know they're taking fentanyl. It kills quickly, George Floyd would know.

There is so much wrong there.

But let’s begin at the beginning. Oh the drugs are dangerous. Ok. I presume you have never heard of product liability. Ten minutes after the drugs are legalized the lawyers will be ordering new Porsche’s to celebrate the paydays about to arrive. Lawsuits will flourish. If the Cartels try to stay in the drug business they will find they need as many lawyers as they once needed gunmen.

Drugs will be changed to a less dangerous variant in order to reduce the liability lawsuits.

Finally. Floyd was killed, as a matter of fact and law, by Chauvin. The fact was established when the Coroner ruled it a Homicide. The law decision came when the Jury found him guilty of Murder.

There is so much wrong there.

But let’s begin at the beginning. Oh the drugs are dangerous. Ok. I presume you have never heard of product liability. Ten minutes after the drugs are legalized the lawyers will be ordering new Porsche’s to celebrate the paydays about to arrive. Lawsuits will flourish. If the Cartels try to stay in the drug business they will find they need as many lawyers as they once needed gunmen.

Drugs will be changed to a less dangerous variant in order to reduce the liability lawsuits.

Finally. Floyd was killed, as a matter of fact and law, by Chauvin. The fact was established when the Coroner ruled it a Homicide. The law decision came when the Jury found him guilty of Murder.
Paid-off coroners are no longer interesting. Stopping fentanyl-based religions before they start is on the cutting edge. IQs above room temp should only agree on murder-suicide.

www. for "Arizona Warnings Continue Over Mexican Cartels Lacing Fentanyl with Animal Tranquilizer"

I love the Conservative answer. It’s always the same. Get tough. Show them who’s boss. The Mexican Army and Police battle the cartels every day. But hey, if we get involved we will wipe the floor with them. Just look at our successes in Afghanistan and Iraq. Well maybe not. But the point is we could wipe the floor with them.

These guys battle the cops and military all the time. They attack convoys of police who travel in armored vehicles.

If you had half a brain. You would realize there is a solution that is cheap, and guaranteed effective.

Legalize the drugs. Take half of what we are spending on the war on drugs and put it into treatment. We save half the money we were spending, and the money flowing to the Cartels is reduced to zero. No money means no ability to hire the troops to fight the cops.

We didn’t end the Bootlegging gangs by getting tough. We got Capone on tax evasion and illegal whiskey kept right on flowing. There was never a time where there wasn’t any booze to drink. If there is no profit in the activity it’s hard to find someone who is willing to do it.

On the other hand, if you are a poor kid from Mexico and the Cartel promises to pay you a months worth of cash every day. Why wouldn’t you join? If you join you might die or get thrown in prison. If you don’t you might die from a running battle between the cartel and the police anyway.

If the Cartels don’t have any money flowing in, nobody can pay this kid.

Queue the outrage about how dangerous drugs are and we can’t be soft on crime. The same idiotic arguments that have us entering our fifth decade of the war on drugs. Successful every year.

Keep stuffing the pockets of criminal gangs with your cash, dumbass. What is idiotic is you loons actually think you're being forced to buy dope from them.

morons. Never mind the murders they finance and promote.

That SOB has a lot of nerve. Can you imagine what Trump would have done to Mexico if he had been told that?

"MEXICO CITY — Mexico’s president said Thursday that his country does not produce or consume fentanyl, despite enormous evidence to the contrary.

President Andros Manuel Lopez Obrador appeared to depict the synthetic opioid epidemic largely as a U.S. problem, and said the United States should use family values to fight drug addiction.

His statement came during a visit to Mexico by Liz Sherwood-Randall, the White House Homeland Security Advisor, to discuss the fentanyl crisis. It also comes amid calls by U.S. Republicans to use the U.S. military to attack drug labs in Mexico.

The Mexican government has acknowledged in the past that fentanyl is produced at labs in Mexico using precursor chemicals imported from China. Fentanyl has been blamed for about 70,000 opioid deaths per year in the United States.

“Here, we do not produce fentanyl, and we do not have consumption of fentanyl,” Lopez Obrador said. “Why don’t they (the United States) take care of their problem of social decay?”

Mexican president to US: Fentanyl is your problem
Who is forcing people to take Fentanyl?

Social decay is decay is definitely impacting the world. The West is throwing away its advantage in the process, each nation with its own challenges. It is interesting to hear a Mexican president be so opinionated about America though, especially since so many of his citizens are illegally entering the U.S. Does he not take some respinsibility for this? It is the one single.issue that could sink the Dems in 2024 IMO, maybe the best issue for the GOP in their narrow path.

Well the GOP is part of the problem, but some of them make the right noises anyway. Mindless greed and narcissism is what 'libertarianism' is all about out in the Burbs. They are fine with that. They just want tax cuts for billionaires who sell the country out every day.

Keep stuffing the pockets of criminal gangs with your cash, dumbass. What is idiotic is you loons actually think you're being forced to buy dope from them.

morons. Never mind the murders they finance and promote.

Well the only drugs I do are proscribed by a physician, or legal for a man my age. Mainly Nicotine, Caffine, and Alcohol. I do enjoy a glass of Famous Grouse.

But I have been alive for the entire run of the War on Drugs and it has never made any progress.

I also know that we could save billions of dollars a year by turning from the ineffective war on drugs towards treatment. Just the savings from incarceration would be several billion dollars a year.

Add to that the greater effectiveness and better success that comes from treatment and we have the obvious path to take. Cheaper and more effective.

But no. We won’t consider that. The problem isn’t that we do the wrong thing. It is that we don’t do the wrong thing hard enough.

Idiocy.

Cause the problem (in this case with no immigration enforcement), then use that problem to justify military action. Rinse and repeat.

Well the only drugs I do are proscribed by a physician, or legal for a man my age. Mainly Nicotine, Caffine, and Alcohol. I do enjoy a glass of Famous Grouse.

But I have been alive for the entire run of the War on Drugs and it has never made any progress.

I also know that we could save billions of dollars a year by turning from the ineffective war on drugs towards treatment. Just the savings from incarceration would be several billion dollars a year.

Add to that the greater effectiveness and better success that comes from treatment and we have the obvious path to take. Cheaper and more effective.

But no. We won’t consider that. The problem isn’t that we do the wrong thing. It is that we don’t do the wrong thing hard enough.

Idiocy.

Rubbish. It was good for keeping a lot of gangbanging serial killers locked up for at least a little while, some for a long time. Pursued with real intent to win, it would have been won long ago. As for the rest of your claims, rape laws haven't stopped rape, either, so you would legalize rape, apparently.

Last edited:
The problem with attacking Mexico is that very few Mexicans are bringing fentanyl into the US.

"Here are facts:
  • Fentanyl smuggling is ultimately funded by U.S. consumers who pay for illicit opioids: nearly 99 percent of whom are U.S. citizens.
  • In 2021, U.S. citizens were 86.3 percent of convicted fentanyl drug traffickers—ten times greater than convictions of illegal immigrants for the same offense.
  • Over 90 percent of fentanyl seizures occur at legal crossing points or interior vehicle checkpoints, not on illegal migration routes, so U.S. citizens (who are subject to less scrutiny) when crossing legally are the best smugglers.
  • The location of smuggling makes sense because hard drugs at ports of entry are about 97 percent less likely to be stopped than are people crossing illegally between them.
  • Just 0.02 percent of the people arrested by Border Patrol for crossing illegally possessed any fentanyl whatsoever."

American citizens are going down and getting the drug and bringing it back through legal crossing points.

Forum List

Back