Meth and the homeless

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
A newer, easier to produce form of meth is turning users into homeless zombies, according to the article “The New Meth” in the November 2021 issue of The Atlantic magazine.

Remarkably, meth rarely comes up in city discussions on homelessness, or in newspaper articles about it. [Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Craig] Mitchell called it “the elephant in the room”—nobody wants to talk about it, he said. “There’s a desire not to stigmatize the homeless as drug users.” Policy makers and advocates instead prefer to focus on L.A.’s cost of housing, which is very high but hardly relevant to people rendered psychotic and unemployable by methamphetamine.

One counselor said it took him 12 years of using ephedrine-based meth to become homeless. But those using P2P meth are homeless within a year.

The article offers no solutions other than to look more closely and sympathetically at the users, the typical response of liberals who are incapable of seeing any drug addict as responsible for their own condition.

As the new meth users are self-isolated and usually non-communicative, hollow offers of therapy and treatment will not get them off the street. Only incarceration of some form, either in jail or psychiatric institutions, will do that. A more conservative U.S. Supreme Court may be willing to undo previous decisions that let the mentally ill run free. But don’t expect any stringent measures in woke California.

1640657293073.png

Hispanics are selling Chinese meth laced with fentanyl. The kindest thing to do is let users overdose. Families start hammering it into their children that there are no more party drugs. The fun time is over. These are foreign countries intent on poisoning people here as a form of asymmetrical warfare.

China is HUGE exporter of illicit drugs like Fentanyl or Methamphetamines. You think they just came out of nowhere? China also owns buku stock in most American media. Tictoc? China me this China me THAT, if it's detrimental to western culture, China is behind it. BLM? Disney. CNN. Democrats. You name it...CHINA CHINA CHINA.

China is HUGE exporter of illicit drugs like Fentanyl or Methamphetamines. You think they just came out of nowhere? China also owns buku stock in most American media. Tictoc? China me this China me THAT, if it's detrimental to western culture, China is behind it.
Which is why we need the border wall, to keep Fentanyl out.

Addiction works as a business model. Tabacco, alcohol, video games, meth and fentanyl. Not to mention that endorphin rush posting on social media we all know.

Yeah, but tobacco, liquor and meth take a while to kill you. Fentanyl does it, like, the first time you take it...

brilliant, you got my subtle cultural reference.

China is our main illicit narcotics supplier. Now, I am wondering, who also supplies most of our Narcan? Anyone?

Damn, I remember when drugs were safe...

I've never understood why anyone would want to sell fentanyl to another person. Killing your customer base is a poor business model...
Huge numbers of addicts don't succumb to Fentanyl if they buy from a dealer that has the knowledge of how to properly mix the product. The idiots who don't understand how critical the ratio of base material to drug is, don't last long because the word gets out that they are killing people.

Fentanyl should never be used outside of a monitored medical setting but it's like a miracle drug in conscious-sedation cases. As an MRI tech, we used it all the time for people who were extremely claustrophobic and who HAD to have an MRI. A doctor and nurse were present and the patients were monitored throughout the procedure.

Forum List

Back