Messages to the protestors

tumblr_lspq8klBy81r4q8eo

I must admit Radio, this thread is doing something to me that NEVER happens during my time here.

I am getting visibly angry as I read these things.

The range from winners from another time when there were a lot more winners, to people who are getting thrashed by the current system yet are licking the hand that's thrashing them...

To this fucking guy, who blames 'Elitist career politicians' for some reason which he doesn't really specify.

What are you trying to say by posting all these? Are you suggesting that there's nothing wrong whatsoever with what's going on in the economy right now? Because that seems to be the position of the people you're giving ear to here.

He's blaming Congress.... because they are responsible for this mess. Outrageous, I know... blaming those responsible instead of blinding accepting the 'facts' by the left.

Oh is that right? And how is Congress 'responsible for this mess?'

Other than, ya know, not reining in the bankers sooner?

Oh, is this that bullshit started by Erick Erickson of RedState?

Here's Jon Stewart on this idea:

“Of course they [the other "47%"] do most likely pay payroll taxes, state, local, sales and excise taxes, but the important thing is knowing that doesn’t make you as mad, doesn’t it?”

The 53% pay those too. :eusa_shhh: Sorry to burst your bubble.

Actually, you didn't burst my bubble because no one was denying they did and that's not really the point.

I'm not going to speak on behalf of Cuyo, because I don't know what motivates his reaction. However, I do think that plenty on the left will get extremely pissed about this response. Listen, they never liked the fact that the right had the nerve to enter their domain of protesting, and were in fact quite successful at it. Now, here they have finally gotten "something" going, and they'll see this as an attack to destroy their "movement". Oh well, they need to accept and deal with the fact that the right will never go back to being "conservative" in expressing their opinions. It's a new day.

I must admit Radio, this thread is doing something to me that NEVER happens during my time here.

The range from winners from another time when there were a lot more winners, to people who are getting thrashed by the current system yet are licking the hand that's thrashing them...

To this fucking guy, who blames 'Elitist career politicians' for some reason which he doesn't really specify.

What are you trying to say by posting all these? Are you suggesting that there's nothing wrong whatsoever with what's going on in the economy right now? Because that seems to be the position of the people you're giving ear to here.

He's blaming Congress.... because they are responsible for this mess. Outrageous, I know... blaming those responsible instead of blinding accepting the 'facts' by the left.

I'm not doing this again.... I have already outlined this several times. I am not spoon feeding you or anyone else. You really need to acquaint yourself with all the facts - not just the ones your idiot media provide. Research - and that does not mean fucking google. Read. Educate yourself. Apply logic. This is not hard. It is, however, time consuming.

the housing bubble?

Oh, is this that bullshit started by Erick Erickson of RedState?

Here's Jon Stewart on this idea:

“Of course they [the other "47%"] do most likely pay payroll taxes, state, local, sales and excise taxes, but the important thing is knowing that doesn’t make you as mad, doesn’t it?”

Actually, you didn't burst my bubble because no one was denying they did and that's not really the point.

Actually, that is the entire point. Unless you had another strawman you wished to throw out there?

I'm not going to speak on behalf of Cuyo, because I don't know what motivates his reaction. However, I do think that plenty on the left will get extremely pissed about this response. Listen, they never liked the fact that the right had the nerve to enter their domain of protesting, and were in fact quite successful at it. Now, here they have finally gotten "something" going, and they'll see this as an attack to destroy their "movement". Oh well, they need to accept and deal with the fact that the right will never go back to being "conservative" in expressing their opinions. It's a new day.

Well you're right about one thing... You don't speak for me. I'm angry at how susceptible my fellow Americans are to propaganda, and how callous and unsympathetic they are to less fortunate people. (Unsympathetic used literally, not to mean 'empathetic' as it often is. To mean 'not understanding.')

Well you're right about one thing... You don't speak for me. I'm angry at how susceptible my fellow Americans are to propaganda, and how callous and unsympathetic they are to less fortunate people. (Unsympathetic used literally, not to mean 'empathetic' as it often is. To mean 'not understanding.')

Then you are not affording them the same benefit that I have given to you by making such assumptions.

Actually, that is the entire point. Unless you had another strawman you wished to throw out there?

Uh-uh.

Like I said, no one was denying it, so you were the one putting up a strawman.

And overall, you guys who want to annoint yourselves "53%ers" are largely part of the "99%ers" whether you wish to be or not. You're a minority of the majority.

Too true.

:thup:

I'm not doing this again.... I have already outlined this several times. I am not spoon feeding you or anyone else. You really need to acquaint yourself with all the facts - not just the ones your idiot media provide. Research - and that does not mean fucking google. Read. Educate yourself. Apply logic. This is not hard. It is, however, time consuming.

That's among the more ridiculous and hacky (and dare I say - Elitist?) of your posts. I see Cali Girl the GOP stooge has shown up this afternoon.

I don't know who you think 'my media' is, but if you think this was perpetrated by anyone but the private sector, I suggest you take a hard look at your own information sources.

Uh-uh.

And overall, you guys who want to annoint yourselves "53%ers" are largely part of the "99%ers" whether you wish to be or not. You're a minority of the majority.

Actually the strawman you put up was that "they pay taxes too"....which no one denied. You needed that pointed out to you?

And way to go with a basic grasp of how percentages work :thup: The message itself though seems to be lost on you.

Of course!

^^^^ That is the arrogance of the authoritarian left I mentioned earlier. He thinks these poor slobs aren't really thinking for themselves. They are just victims of propaganda and he is here to save them.

Of course!

^^^^ That is the arrogance of the authoritarian left I mentioned earlier. He thinks these poor slobs aren't really thinking for themselves. They are just victims of propaganda and he is here to save them.

Fuckin' a right, doggy. If they are 'thinking,' they're not doing a very good job of it.

Uh-uh.

Actually the strawman you put up was that "they pay taxes too"....which no one denied. You needed that pointed out to you?

And way to go with a basic grasp of how percentages work :thup: The message itself though seems to be lost on you.

You actually make a fair point, but you still also threw up your own strawman in response.

As far as this site goes, though, still crap. If the message is the usual "don't blame others and pull yourself by your own bootstraps", that ship has sailed. Millions more have to eat them at this point.

Of course!

Fuckin' a right, doggy. If they are 'thinking,' they're not doing a very good job of it.
So you say. So you believe.

And, he thinks and believes differently than you; but more importantly, what he thinks and believes about HIMSELF holds a hell of a lot more credibility than what you think for him.

But, the nice thing is, he still has the freedom to do that and to make the best of himself, as long as the Constitution is followed.

Ain't America great that way?

Forum List

Back