Merrick Garland publicly displays his stunning ignorance of basic news stories

Elderly with coronavirus caught in conflict between hospitals, nursing homes - South Florida Sun-Sentinel (sun-sentinel.com)

With nearly 1,400 cases of COVID-19 now reported in long-term care facilities in Florida, hospitals are discharging some patients who have improved back into nursing homes.
“These patients are still positive when they go the nursing homes," Dr. Alina Alonso, director of Palm Beach County’s health department, said during a county commission meeting this week. "The staff there has to do a lot to isolate and maintain a very safe environment for these folks.”

The virus can have deadly consequences when unleashed in long-term care facilities, already killing at least 126 people in Florida. As of Thursday morning, one-in-five of Florida’s 633 coronavirus deaths involved a resident or staff member of a long-term care facility, according to state data.

I suspect everyone undercounted Nursing homes deaths due to covid esp FL and TX, whereas Fl treats nursing residents like shit.

I beg to differ. I have a friend who's mother suffers from dementia. She's in an assisted living home. They take excellent care of her and have strict regulations related to the Chinese virus. No deaths at that home.
There nothing more to say about Cuomo, de santis is worst.

I suspect everyone undercounted Nursing homes deaths due to covid esp FL and TX, whereas Fl treats nursing residents like shit.

I beg to differ. I have a friend who's mother suffers from dementia. She's in an assisted living home. They take excellent care of her and have strict regulations related to the Chinese virus. No deaths at that home.

LOL You would like to think so but DeSantis is leagues ahead of Cuomo.

The fact that you are defending Cuomo speaks volumes about your stupid ass.

Cuomo killed how many elderly?? He should be investigated and charged

Garland was not showing "stunning ignorance of basic news stories." Another false allegation. Kennedy was just trying to bait Garland, and Kennedy is a known right-wing whore and trump suck-up. Nothing has been proven, and Garland was right to say that he did not know the facts. So many mostly false accusations have been made in public by right-wing scum that one has to be cautious not to take the bait. Garland has integrity and Kennedy does not.

There has been disinformation and politics from the beginning. Dr. Fauci is not only part of the swamp. He is a charter member. And all of the lifetime Prog politicians who know so better, only know how to be totalitarian. Humanity has seen this before. And we will see it again. It is coming to America.

Wow, we really dodged a bullet with this guy. Obama's ignorance and corruption almost put this idiot on the SCOTUS!

Judge Merrick Garland, President Joe Biden’s attorney general pick, declined to get into details on Monday about the COVID-19 nursing home disaster that plagued New York following Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s mandate.

Republican Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy asked Garland how he would have handled COVID-19 had he been chief judge when the pandemic began. Kennedy wondered if he “would have adopted a rule that” deemed it “discriminatory” to ask someone to take a COVID-19 test to return to work after the individual went to the hospital for the virus and was treated and released.

Garland said “no,” he would not have adopted that rule.

Kennedy followed this up by wondering aloud if this is “what happened with a lot of our nursing homes throughout the country.” While Kennedy did not name New York in particular, Cuomo has come under fire for his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. He mandated that nursing homes accept patients who had previously tested positive for COVID-19 while barring facilities from requiring negative tests for a period of time in 2020.

“I honestly don’t know what happened with the nursing homes,” Garland responded. “I don’t know what they’re doing with respect to – I’m sorry, I’m not again, I’m not trying to be evasive. I really, I really don’t know the facts here. I mean, I think in the example you gave me, there’s nothing discriminatory about asking people who might be infected from a public health point of view to be sure they don’t infect other people, and if a determinations made they’re not infected, then of course that’s the end of it. Equal treatment doesn’t mean we don’t take into consideration the possibilities of different degrees of health in a particular circumstance.

“And I don’t, I honestly, don’t know what happened, but the nursing home – I know it was terrible that many people got the COVID in the nursing homes and it was a major vector in the spread of the infection. But I don’t know why that was, except that there are people cooped up in one place and it’s easy to spread,” he continued.

The FBI is reportedly investigating Cuomo over the nursing home deaths. The alleged investigation comes after revelations indicated that his administration underreported nursing home COVID-19 deaths by up to 50% and reports that they tried to hide the correct death count.

YOU don’t know what happened in the nursing homes either. You’re just repeating the lies and bullshit circulating in the media, because you WANT to believe Cuomo killed people. You’re prepared to blame Cuomo and to castigate anyone who doesn’t.

Garland would been have been a much better pick than any of the conservative ideologues that Trump appointed. Cavanagh is completely unfit, by experience or temperament, for the office.

The ink on ACB’s federal appointment was barely dry when she was elevated to the SC. All of Trump’s picks were wealthy right wing elites, whose career path to the SC was greased with Dark Money, and blessed by the Federalist Society.

Cuomo's own top aide admitted they hid the numbers of deaths from both the public and from the regulatory agencies that require them. Looks like you're just as ignorant of current events as Garland.

Garland was not showing "stunning ignorance of basic news stories." Another false allegation. Kennedy was just trying to bait Garland, and Kennedy is a known right-wing whore and trump suck-up. Nothing has been proven, and Garland was right to say that he did not know the facts. So many mostly false accusations have been made in public by right-wing scum that one has to be cautious not to take the bait. Garland has integrity and Kennedy does not.

Cuomo's own top aide admitted they hid the numbers of deaths from both the public and from the regulatory agencies that require them. Looks like you're just as ignorant of current events as Garland.

LOL You would like to think so but DeSantis is leagues ahead of Cuomo.

The fact that you are defending Cuomo speaks volumes about your stupid ass.

Cuomo killed how many elderly?? He should be investigated and charged

If Cuomo was a R and Desantis a D she'd reverse course

By limiting themselves to liberal-biased news sources, liberals promote their own dumbness. Merrick Garland is no exception.

I doubt he has read articles that criticize or tell the truth about liberal governors and mayors regarding their mistakes in addressing COVID-19 issues.

any state that should not care for covid pts should not of accepted them.
Are you hitting the sauce?

Cuomo ordered the nursing homes to accept wuflu patients

and some of the carriers were not even elderly

in one instance a young wuflu patient was sent to a nursing home where he was caught on video beating an old man just for meanness

But in that case the incident was in detroit instead of ny

What was Garland supposed to know about nursing homes :confused-84:
Moscow Mitch shouldn’t have stolen that seat.from O. Dude would have made a great (& very centrist) justice.
Oh and Daily Smeller? Lol!

Wow, we really dodged a bullet with this guy. Obama's ignorance and corruption almost put this idiot on the SCOTUS!

Judge Merrick Garland, President Joe Biden’s attorney general pick, declined to get into details on Monday about the COVID-19 nursing home disaster that plagued New York following Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s mandate.

Republican Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy asked Garland how he would have handled COVID-19 had he been chief judge when the pandemic began. Kennedy wondered if he “would have adopted a rule that” deemed it “discriminatory” to ask someone to take a COVID-19 test to return to work after the individual went to the hospital for the virus and was treated and released.

Kennedy followed this up by wondering aloud if this is “what happened with a lot of our nursing homes throughout the country.” While Kennedy did not name New York in particular, Cuomo has come under fire for his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. He mandated that nursing homes accept patients who had previously tested positive for COVID-19 while barring facilities from requiring negative tests for a period of time in 2020.

“I honestly don’t know what happened with the nursing homes,” Garland responded. “I don’t know what they’re doing with respect to – I’m sorry, I’m not again, I’m not trying to be evasive. I really, I really don’t know the facts here. I mean, I think in the example you gave me, there’s nothing discriminatory about asking people who might be infected from a public health point of view to be sure they don’t infect other people, and if a determinations made they’re not infected, then of course that’s the end of it. Equal treatment doesn’t mean we don’t take into consideration the possibilities of different degrees of health in a particular circumstance.

“And I don’t, I honestly, don’t know what happened, but the nursing home – I know it was terrible that many people got the COVID in the nursing homes and it was a major vector in the spread of the infection. But I don’t know why that was, except that there are people cooped up in one place and it’s easy to spread,” he continued.

The FBI is reportedly investigating Cuomo over the nursing home deaths. The alleged investigation comes after revelations indicated that his administration underreported nursing home COVID-19 deaths by up to 50% and reports that they tried to hide the correct death count.

Kennedy is so damn dumb.

Also they shouldn't be any investigation of Gov. Cuomo.

The Morning Joe kids were cracking up today about Kennedy and his hayseed accent and routine. Oxford grad who used talk normal and supported John Kerry for president. He’s become a total sellout and phony.

What they fail to mention is the state was following federal policy and if the Post and republicans want to play a political blame game, they should blame Donald Trump and they should have blamed Donald Trump's since last March 25th when they promulgated the guidance. We will stick to the facts.

What Cuomo did was not federal policy. He lied about that, and you bought it because you're a dumb rube.
Not to mention the fact Trump sent a fully equipped hospital ship to New York and pos cuomo didn't use it!

He didn’t need it. Maybe Rump should have asked first before he pulled a political stunt to look all badass ;)

By limiting themselves to liberal-biased news sources, liberals promote their own dumbness. Merrick Garland is no exception.

I doubt he has read articles that criticize or tell the truth about liberal governors and mayors regarding their mistakes in addressing COVID-19 issues.
Perhaps I left you speechless? You quoted my post but left no comment.

I'm not. But the situation is far more complicated and has not been resolved. Remember that Cuomo was trying to deal with the pandemic and also with the addled administration run by the filthy whore who occupied the Oval Office before President Biden took over and who made no effort to stop the pandemic, but just deliberately created confusion within the states and changed how Covid-death statistics were reported to the federal government, while lying to the American people. Cuomo spoke with the public every day, while the 45-whore did nothing.

The right-wing scumbags are always trying to force quotes out of people to be used, out of context, against them to prove something that the person never intended. this is a sick game that pollutes the political environment. Garland simply didn't fall for it.

You just have to change the name of the

The left loon also refused to say illegals crossing the borders is a crime.

Thank God he was never confirmed
And he sounded worse than Jen Psaki in trying to evade giving an answer.

And this stammering numbskull is supposed to be USSC material?

I'm not even an attorney and I know illegals crossing the borders is a crime.

The bar for leftist judges must be very low

But all the false accusations from leftist scum are 100% correct right?

what the fuck is wrong with you?
Does anybody know the facts about what happened in the nursing homes?
Lots of accusations but the investigation is undergoing now, you stupid pig, so the facts have yet to be revealed.
TROLL!

You just have to change the name of the

The left loon also refused to say illegals crossing the borders is a crime.

Thank God he was never confirmed
And he sounded worse than Jen Psaki in trying to evade giving an answer.

And this stammering numbskull is supposed to be USSC material?

I'm not even an attorney and I know illegals crossing the borders is a crime.

The bar for leftist judges must be very low

But all the false accusations from leftist scum are 100% correct right?
"Kennedy was just trying to bait Garland, and Kennedy is a known right-wing whore and trump suck-up.""

Got that right.

Forum List

Back