Merriam-Webster Alters Definition Of Sexual “Preference” To Say It’s Offensive After Hirono Attacked Barrett For Using It

Unfortunately, you have used the book as a "how to" guide, and not a warning about what it looks like to be a complete fraud.

Not a single one of you addle-minded sock puppets gave one single flying fuck about this innocuous word, until a woman who is literally the most stupid individual in the Senate (prabably of all time) brought this up, because an equally stupid staffer pulled it out of their ass.

Actually, here's an article from 2013 discussing why Sexual Preference is technically incorrect.

This isn't a new discussion... the problem is, Serena Joy is so piss ignorant, she thinks that sexual orientation is a choice.

Someone should ask her when she decided to be straight and sexually repressed.
Slate....ROFLMFAO!

Like I said....The most stupid individual in the history of the Senate....And you're her sock puppet. :lmao:

I'm female and am attracted to males. Is this a preference? Some conscious choice that I made that I don't recall?
Yes, you would prefer to have sex with a man over a woman, right? I mean technically speaking, you could have sex with a woman, but you dont want to, right?

Turning "sexual preference" into a naughty word is fucking stupid. No one is going to get behind this madness. This shit makes you lefties look retarded.

The term "preference" makes it seem like sexual orientation is a choice, when it is not. It is something that we are born with. It's hard-wired.

No, it isn't. It's chosen path.

I was born with a penis. See how that works? Penis=Male, Vagina=Female.
Very simple really.

Except that wasn't a decision to be straight... it just meant you were born with a tiny penis, and you are compensating with guns, but that's another issue.

When did you decide that you preferred women?

If you are going to claim that sexual orientation is a "preference" or a "choice", it implies that you questioned the decision at some point.

I'm female and am attracted to males. Is this a preference? Some conscious choice that I made that I don't recall?
Yes, you would prefer to have sex with a man over a woman, right? I mean technically speaking, you could have sex with a woman, but you dont want to, right?

Turning "sexual preference" into a naughty word is fucking stupid. No one is going to get behind this madness. This shit makes you lefties look retarded.

The term "preference" makes it seem like sexual orientation is a choice, when it is not. It is something that we are born with. It's hard-wired.

No, it isn't. It's chosen path.
I disagree that it is a choice. I cant choose to suddenly be attracted to men, but that doesnt mean "sexual preference" is an offensive term.

So orientation is non-fluid, but gender is?

Wow, talk about doublethink.

Gender is a social construct. Orientation is a biological one.

Take a woman from 1900, and she would be absolutely shocked at what women today do. They hold down jobs? They run companies? They hold Public Office? They can VOTE?

sorry, but kind of offensive is just because some people try to take advantage of situations.

Except it's nothing of the sort. If sexual orientation is a "preference", then there should be no protection for gays because they choose to live that way... But if it's an orientation, they should be protected from discrimination. The fact that Serena Joy uses these outdated terms is not a good sign.

I see Marty is defending bigots as usual.

It's kind of his thing. His definition of "Freedom" is for white, straight males to act like assholes.

Wow, more "science" from the party of doublethink.

This is all about Merriam Webster pulling a Winston Smith on a definition, and Thoughtpolice wanna-bes like you trying to justify it.

The only bigots on this post are you and Dave.

This is all about Merriam Webster pulling a Winston Smith on a definition, and Thoughtpolice wanna-bes like you trying to justify it.

NO, guy, it's about making a correction to language to make it more accurate. We do that all the time.

Sexual Preference is inaccurate. Sexual Orientation is accurate.

NO, guy, it's about making a correction to language to make it more accurate. We do that all the time.

Sexual Preference is inaccurate. Sexual Orientation is accurate.

Nope, it's about scoring cheap political points.

the fact that a person can be bisexual shows orientation can be a preference.

No, it shows that your side looks for any excuse to be offended by something if you can get some minimal gain out of it.

Hardly.

Serena Joy is going to be making decisions about the extent of rights of gays in this society.

That she uses technically incorrect terms seems that she has at best, an incorrect understanding of sexuality.

So it's kind of a valid question.

But the way this is going to work out. The Republicans will push through Serena Joy even though she is unqualified.

Then the Democrats will expand SCOTUS to 13 members... and fix the problem of Republican Court Stacking.

What is a "sexual preference"?
And why is the term "sexual preference" any more offensive than, say, "sexual orientation" which carries strange connotations of bartenders and process servers from a federal courthouse suddenly showing up at a nightclub in Chinatown San Francisco to serve recently legislated federal Title IX sexual harassment paperwork, restraining orders, no contact orders etc. — about the same time a group of doctors, in fraternization with the lawyers, bartenders, and process servers, started diagnosing the same defendants with a newly discovered pandemic of HIV+AIDS.

No, it shows that your side looks for any excuse to be offended by something if you can get some minimal gain out of it.

Hardly.

Serena Joy is going to be making decisions about the extent of rights of gays in this society.

That she uses technically incorrect terms seems that she has at best, an incorrect understanding of sexuality.

So it's kind of a valid question.

But the way this is going to work out. The Republicans will push through Serena Joy even though she is unqualified.

Then the Democrats will expand SCOTUS to 13 members... and fix the problem of Republican Court Stacking.

Then Republicans will extend it to 17 when they get it. and on and on.

What petulant children you SJW beta males are when you don't get your way, AND when a woman has the audacity to not be a lefty dried up old hag.

Well, first, I doubt the GOP will ever get back into the Presidency, but if they did, even they'll realize Trump was a mistake they need to correct.

What petulant children you SJW beta males are when you don't get your way, AND when a woman has the audacity to not be a lefty dried up old hag.

The problem is, if you guys were sure Trump was going to win... then you'd just leave things be... but you know he's going to lose, which is why you are shoving Serena Joy through without serious consideration.

Well, first, I doubt the GOP will ever get back into the Presidency, but if they did, even they'll realize Trump was a mistake they need to correct.

The problem is, if you guys were sure Trump was going to win... then you'd just leave things be... but you know he's going to lose, which is why you are shoving Serena Joy through without serious consideration.

LOL, so the only reason you back court packing is because you think it will cement one party rule....fucking fascist.

Who the fuck is Serena Joy?

LOL, so the only reason you back court packing is because you think it will cement one party rule....fucking fascist.

Serena Joy was a character from Margaret Atwood's A Handmaid's Tale. But since we know you don't read books, it was also a netflix series.

Personally, I'd like to see the courts have moderates on them... which is something both parties used to back...

Used to be, when they nominated someone unacceptable of fringe, like Bork, Republicans put a stop to that.

Serena Joy was a character from Margaret Atwood's A Handmaid's Tale. But since we know you don't read books, it was also a netflix series.

Personally, I'd like to see the courts have moderates on them... which is something both parties used to back...

Used to be, when they nominated someone unacceptable of fringe, like Bork, Republicans put a stop to that.

Oh I read it in high school. I love the projection you clowns use, high school level literature.

LOL like Ginsberg wasn't fringe.

So if "sexual orientation" is not a choice, then it is a situation where somebody is forced to have sex against his or her will.

Otherwise known as rape, sodomy, or indecent liberties by forcible compulsion.

An "orientation" then is a sort of initiation to a fraternity or sorority — or a hazing party prank — gang rape.

Isn't it much better if "sexual preference" is indeed a choice between consenting adults, rather than forced on somebody against his or her will?

Forum List

Back