Merely Federal and Worse yet only Presidential

At one time that was true and it is still the W. Brian Arthur's hot spot hypothesis of path dependency but hot spots always burn out and while sources of income Urban areas are also poverty sinks.

I'm not so sure. It's sometimes kinda intimidating how much the wealth is becoming concentrated into the cities, it seems to be getting to the point where city centers almost crowd out the non-wealthy and become inaccessible to anyone without a high skilled career or just lots of money.

Cities usually aren't "more" impoverished than the countryside, it's just that it's much more concentrated and as such more noticeable (there are exceptions of course, Aka, Flint MI). Most of the poorest areas of the country are quite rural and nowhere near big cities, like Appalachia or northern Maine.
To some extent that is perception and life-style as in mom didn't bother to tree farm or plant food crops in her 19 acre backyard in Dadeville AL Several of my paternal cousins made serious income from that and owning property in the Auburn student ghetto. I'm trying to convince my wife to move to the panhandle where we can pick up 200 ac. at a thousand ea. With tax deductions and judicious swaps that can generate a lot of free cashflow but not necessarily much taxable income.

Forum List

Back