Melania Trump To Promote Healthy School Lunches, More Exercise As First Lady

Deja vous.

Do you think they will villify her the way they did Michelle for this?
Depends how she goes about it I imagine. If she acts like the food Uberfuhrer and crams it down their throats she'll be hated by the left and right collectively. If she goes about it more like a diplomat promoting real world nutrition and education but allowing for choices to be made on a local level she will be received well.

There isn't much of a safe place for a first lady these days. Nancy Reagan was vilified by the left for daring to come out against drugs.

No. Michelle Obama was villified by the right for daring to come out against junk food and unhealthy habits and childhood obesity. Imagine that.
Wrong. You vilified the right for objecting to her dictating food for their kids.

Wrong.

But thanks for such a clear cut example of hypocrisy :)

She also said this is the first time her adult life she's really proud of the United States....

Deja vous.

Depends how she goes about it I imagine. If she acts like the food Uberfuhrer and crams it down their throats she'll be hated by the left and right collectively. If she goes about it more like a diplomat promoting real world nutrition and education but allowing for choices to be made on a local level she will be received well.

There isn't much of a safe place for a first lady these days. Nancy Reagan was vilified by the left for daring to come out against drugs.

No. Michelle Obama was villified by the right for daring to come out against junk food and unhealthy habits and childhood obesity. Imagine that.
Wrong. You vilified the right for objecting to her dictating food for their kids.

Wrong.

But thanks for such a clear cut example of hypocrisy :)
What hypocrisy? Michelle didn't force her will on schools?

She also said this is the first time her adult life she's really proud of the United States....

Nothing wrong with that given where we and she have come from. Though thank you for saying what she really said "really proud". Many falsely characterize it as "first time she is proud". She was born in 1964. Segregation was still in effect. Blacks still sat at the back of the bus. The voting rights act had yet to be inacted. People were murdered for attempting to help people exercise their right to vote and their murders covered up and investigations surpressed as high as the state level along with many others. Like the bombing of a black church that killed innocent children. Because of their race. Her childhood would have been spent living with segregation in schools and, for much longer in housing. Her young adulthood would have been fighting many of those same things still. To go from that, to seeing a black man elected president - in one's own lifetime is HUGE. There is no way to diminish that.

To say it's the first time she is "really proud" is not being unpatriotic or unAmerican - it's honest, heartfelt, and immense.

Someday, I hope I can say the same thing when we elect a woman president.

Nothing wrong with that given where we and she have come from. Though thank you for saying what she really said "really proud". Many falsely characterize it as "first time she is proud". She was born in 1964. Segregation was still in effect. Blacks still sat at the back of the bus. The voting rights act had yet to be inacted. People were murdered for attempting to help people exercise their right to vote and their murders covered up and investigations surpressed as high as the state level along with many others. Like the bombing of a black church that killed innocent children. Because of their race. Her childhood would have been spent living with segregation in schools and, for much longer in housing. Her young adulthood would have been fighting many of those same things still. To go from that, to seeing a black man elected president - in one's own lifetime is HUGE. There is no way to diminish that.

To say it's the first time she is "really proud" is not being unpatriotic or unAmerican - it's honest, heartfelt, and immense.

Someday, I hope I can say the same thing when we elect a woman president.

In the spirit of the thread I was talking about Melania having said that, which I why I also substituted "united states" for "my country".

there are lots of ways to interpret what Michelle said, I think, but that's yesterday. today we celebrate the launch of Melania's book 'Cookin in the Cafeteria!".

the whole meeting between the Obama , wife and the TRUMPS was BS and was allowed by the TRUMP just because it is a tradition . If I heard correct the best thing about the meeting was that the TRUMPS were not fooled into a photograph where the Obamas and the TRUMPS were photographed standing together .

The Obama's were a class act. Both the Trumps and the Obama's exibited far more class then some of their supporters.
------------------------------------- as I said , the TRUMP had to do it due to short standing tradition that started sometime in the 1950s if I recall correctly . ------------ still , no photo of them standing together for posterity if I have heard correctly Coyote !!

Deja vous.

------------------------------------------------ none of her business , what kids eat is their parents business . I'd say the same thing if it was Melania that wasn't minding her own business Coyote !!

You almost had Bill.

So true.

I was terribly disappointed when he said it was a no-go because I forgot to bring the cigar.

Just make sure the women all bring crotch guards.
------------------------------------------------------------------- aw , just put'em in chastity belts , keep the key in the husband pocket and its all good and SAFE even around the 'blue collar Billionaire' President Trump Coyote !!

Forum List

Back