Mega-poll predicts disaster for Tories – but reality could be even worse

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The notable aspects of the poll come in two main parts. The first is its findings: YouGov surveyed 14,000 people and extrapolated the results to constituencies using the multilevel regression and poststratification model, or MRP. This predicted that the Conservatives would retain only 169 seats, 196 fewer than their 2019 total, while Labour would take 385, the Liberal Democrats 48 and the SNP 25.

We can only dream of an outcome like this.I look forward to elction night and watching these tory ***** shuffle off into the night, jobless.

But then I wonder if that is the best outcome. I dont want labour to have a 100 seat majority. They dont have a vision I could buy into. Apart from smashing the tories they dont
excite me.

A smaller majority would make them work harder and keep them honest.It would also benefit the nationalist parties and ensure Starmers red tory tendencies are kept in check.

Lets fuck the tories off though..

We can only dream of an outcome like this.I look forward to elction night and watching these tory ***** shuffle off into the night, jobless.
…and at some point in the future the Tories will be back in power.

Democracy is the best of political systems – but not perfect; and its greatest imperfection are lazy, childish, capricious voters.

We have the same problem in the US.

…and at some point in the future the Tories will be back in power.

Democracy is the best of political systems – but not perfect; and its greatest imperfection are lazy, childish, capricious voters.

We have the same problem in the US.
This is the worry.People will forget the conservative disaster quickly enough if there is no sign of a change.
The UK is an unequal society and needs a total reset. If starmer is the man to do it remains to be seen.
Abolich the monarchy, voting reform to bring in PR, more devolution, House of Lords removal and a fair deal for Wales.

It all needs sorting.

The notable aspects of the poll come in two main parts. The first is its findings: YouGov surveyed 14,000 people and extrapolated the results to constituencies using the multilevel regression and poststratification model, or MRP. This predicted that the Conservatives would retain only 169 seats, 196 fewer than their 2019 total, while Labour would take 385, the Liberal Democrats 48 and the SNP 25.

But then I wonder if that is the best outcome. I dont want labour to have a 100 seat majority. They dont have a vision I could buy into. Apart from smashing the tories they dont
excite me.

A smaller majority would make them work harder and keep them honest.It would also benefit the nationalist parties and ensure Starmers red tory tendencies are kept in check.

You still have up to a year to have an election. Just have it in the fall before people need to buy pre-pay cards for their heat and the tories will do much better.

BTW no effing way Labour would win even today with a super-majority.

You still have up to a year to have an election. Just have it in the fall before people need to buy pre-pay cards for their heat and the tories will do much better.

BTW no effing way Labour would win even today with a super-majority.
I think that they are too far gone to save themselves. These are the dog days and sunak is just prolonging the agony.
Its as grim as fuck here at the moment.

I think that they are too far gone to save themselves. These are the dog days and sunak is just prolonging the agony.
Its as grim as fuck here at the moment.
The best case scenario for you would be a coalition government from the left, but it won't be a Labour majority or super-majority. That party is too fragmented between the elite intellectuals and the masons and plumbers.

excite me.

Just fuck off all the British.... :yes_text12:

The best case scenario for you would be a coalition government from the left, but it won't be a Labour majority or super-majority. That party is too fragmented between the elite intellectuals and the masons and plumbers.
It will definitely be a labour majority. Only the size of it is still open for debate.

The libs could give the tories a good kicking.They appeal to tories who are appalled by the parties shift to the right.

Its ugly and off putting for middle class tories.

Katy Balls writes for the Spectator. The voice of conservatism. I think this is a fairly accurate account of the tory party today.

As I write this they are tearing themselves apart over the rwanda bill in parliament.
2 resignations and a sacking already. They are in a mess.

Katy Balls writes for the Spectator. The voice of conservatism. I think this is a fairly accurate account of the tory party today.

As I write this they are tearing themselves apart over the rwanda bill in parliament.
Your country is a mess regardless of who is in charge.

Young Tories currently running Britain are useless. Labour will do a better job. I was in Britain in the New Labour era, which was great.

Last edited:

All will be sorted by the time your next election comes around.

All will be sorted by the time your next election comes around.
The rwanda bill is a nonsense invented by Johnson to distract from his law breaking.
But it has taken on its own life and is headed for the courts.

It will be a constant reminder of tory failure right up to the next election.
But the key thing is it is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with the struggles people face.

If you cant feed your kids or keep a roof over your head thensending 300 poor souls to rwanda is ot on your radar.

But these tory clowns believe it is life or death, Thats how superficial they are. Boebert levels of stupidity.

They lack the brains to come up with solutions so they spend time persecuting a few immigrants.

A bit like the US.

Forum List

Back