Medicare should start at age 50...

SmokeALib

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
I mean, if we've been already been forced to pay for this shit for 30 years, why not make it usable for the people that need it?
Face it - Medicare at 65 is useless to retirees at 60-65. I will not be able to retire until I'm 70 years old because my wife is 5 years younger than me.

At the very minimum, Medicare should kick in at minimum retirement age (62).

https://www.newsmax.com/t/health/ar...onth=06&date=19&id=651325&oref=duckduckgo.com

I am confused. What does your wife’s age have to do with you being on Medicare?

I agree! Shit, why not allow it to be usable when you get sick and need it throughout your life? You're paying for it.

I can't disagree with that except the program is already going insolvent in a few years.
That's what so sad. Paying into this crap so long and unable to use it.

Actually you can't use it until you start paying its monthly premiums.

You didn't know about those premiums, amirite? They keep it real quiet until it's time to sign up.

Perhaps you're thinking of Social Security, which you can start collecting as early as age 62, retired or not.

I mean, if we've been already been forced to pay for this shit for 30 years, why not make it usable for the people that need it?
Face it - Medicare at 65 is useless to retirees at 60-65. I will not be able to retire until I'm 70 years old because my wife is 5 years younger than me.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/health/ar...onth=06&date=19&id=651325&oref=duckduckgo.com

I have the exact opposite, but yet eerily similar problem. My wife turned 62 last week. She could retire at the end of the month, but that would leave us both without any medical coverage. If she retires when she hits 65 and becomes eligible for Medicare, that still leaves me out in the cold. That means, she has to continue working to provide us with health insurance until I turn 65 and we can both go on Medicare and that is 6 years in the future.

I can't seem to find a job at my age with health insurance that pays anything except poverty wages in this area, so I am looking at putting my house on the market and moving.

I have the exact opposite, but yet eerily similar problem. My wife turned 62 last week. She could retire at the end of the month, but that would leave us both without any medical coverage. If she retires when she hits 65 and becomes eligible for Medicare, that still leaves me out in the cold. That means, she has to continue working to provide us with health insurance until I turn 65 and we can both go on Medicare and that is 6 years in the future.

I can't seem to find a job at my age with health insurance that pays anything except poverty wages in this area, so I am looking at putting my house on the market and moving.
One would think that the Navy would provide medical insurance for Admirals and acting captains who do not know the properties of O2

You just cannot resist the temptation to demonstrate your stupidity can you?

I a not an Admiral, I was a Command Duty Officer (CDO) as a Lieutenant, and the Navy doesn't provide medical benefits to those they forced out due to overmanning in the 1990s.

I see you still haven't found the quote to disprove your lie about not understanding how O2 reacts in a fire.

Why don't you get back on topic before I report your dumb ass again?

And yet Republicans support RAISING the eligibility age for Medicare and Social Security. They don't think about how difficult it is for older people to get hired at a living wage.

And yet Republicans support RAISING the eligibility age for Medicare and Social Security. They don't think about how difficult it is for older people to get hired at a living wage.
I am a conservative - not a republican. Either make the program usable or do away with it.

The retirement age should be 72. People are living longer now.

Living longer? True, but my wife already has an artificial hip, cataract surgery, and may require extensive knee surgery or replacement soon. I guess she can still do her current job from a wheelchair, if they will fix her computer screens so she can see.
People who are under 50. Those over 50 should be able to retire at the age that the retirement age was when they turned 50. Would not impact your wife.

Forum List

Back