Media Outlet Collusion?

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Rachel Maddow, Tucker Carlson, Joe Scarbrough, and Maria Bartiromo are all very rich. In fact, each has a net worth in the 30 - 40 million-dollar range. They all know each other. Could these folks be in collusion, cherry picking stories they know will be at odds with the other in order to feed their viewers only what they want them to hear, knowing this will pump up their ratings to the max. and so doing pad their salaries? Hmmmm...:45:

Last edited:
Its unlikely there is some collusion between them.

What is just a fact of the matter though is that the uber wealthy newspersons often are the ones editing what goes on their airwaves as opposed to 30 years ago where the presenter was just that; a presenter who would read copy that was deemed important by persons who had a wide focus lens; senior editors and editorial boards. Add in that we now have reporters who often do several takes of their reporting prior to it going on the air, it can't help but be slanted. Fairness is all that the public is entitled to (the reporters are not robots and they will have inherent biases).

This was most highlighted by Elon Musk's takeover of Twitter (man I bet he's regretting that move about right now). He'd reinstate some folks and ban others. The news media breathlessly reported this so much that Wikipedia made a page about it.

The only people who cared about this was the media themselves. So yeah, I think there is some danger in the media being so far financially out of the orbit of their viewers. I think there is ample evidence for this. But collusion? No.

jwhwhhshhshshhshshhshss.jpeg

Rachel Maddow, Tucker Carlson, Joe Scarbrough, and Maria Bartiromo are all very rich. In fact, each has a net worth in the 30 - 40 million-dollar range. They all know each other. Could these folks be in collusion, cherry picking stories they know will be at odds with the other in order to feed their viewers only what they want them to hear, knowing this will pump up their ratings to the max. and so doing pad their salaries? Hmmmm...:45:

I doubt they even need to, they probably get told by the people at the top how to do their job.

Forum List

Back