Mecum...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I cover the Mecum Collector Car Auctions for a couple different national outlets, and they recently held a "Summer Special" in Orlando:

With an original MSRP of $5,027, this 1969 Shelby GT500 Convertible sold for a cool $160,000:

S115.jpg

Bidding on this 2022 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet went to $260,000, but that failed to meet the reserve:

S98.1.jpg

One of my favorites, this 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback sold for $220,000:

S102.1.jpg

The bidding got up to $220,000 on this 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, but that wasn't enough to get it done:

S139.1.jpg

This 1969 Dodge Custom Charger was featured in the movie "Fast & Furious 7". It sold for $93,500:

F211.jpg

This 2017 Lamborghini Aventador LP 740-4 S was the auction's top seller at $440,000:

S47.jpg

Anyway, that's just a smattering of what was on hand. I don't enjoy the summer auctions as much as the January one. That one is a week and a half long and has well over 3,500 cars, some of which sell into the millions of dollars. We rent an apartment down in Kissimmee and turn it into a mini vacation. This auction had just over 1,000 cars and, while I stayed at a hotel for one night, I could've pulled it off in a single day...

Last edited:
Saw your thread title in New Topics...Thought the thread was about something else...bragging!

I worked with a Mecum, he was a distant cousin of this family and got a small share of their profits every year, he is a real dipshit and ended up getting fired. Now I think he is working for the auction. Love that 67 Shelby.

I used to go to the car shows here in Dallas every year for the longest time. Then they just fizzled out. Got to the point where there was hardly any visitors or clients.

These pics you posted are awesome! Gorgeous machines. LOVE the Lambo and the Shelby!!!
Unfortunately, I can't afford either. And I'm too tall for a Lambo anyway...........those things are made for midgets.
Talk about a real Hot Wheels car!!!! LOL

I worked with a Mecum, he was a distant cousin of this family and got a small share of their profits every year, he is a real dipshit and ended up getting fired. Now I think he is working for the auction. Love that 67 Shelby.

Dana Mecum is "the guy" at Mecum.

I used to work with a Dale Mecum from time to time...

Here is a beauty, a 1970 Dodge Dart I will let go for only a $1000

Seems like a deal compared to the others, right?

1658250806089.png

Forum List

Back