Barn Find...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I wasn't sure where to put this. Given the subject, "The Garage" seemed most appropriate.

I go to a lot of cars shows and auctions. I attend Mecum in Kissimmee and Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach, as well as the Festivals of Speed and the Concouors d' Elegance at Amelia Island. I love cars, and have a small collection of my own. The breadth of style and engineering you see from car to car, from builder to builder, is fascinating to me.

Well, this is a few years old but, back in 2014 a collection of some 60 classic cars was found in a barn in France. Many of the cars look as though they'd been exposed to the elements, as you'll be able to see in the photos. Despite their horrendous condition, many of them were still expected to fetch big money at auction.

60 Awesome Classic Cars Found Rotting in a Barn Go Up for Auction

The most valuable among them was this 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spider once owned by French actor Alain Delon. It's one of only 37 produced. Completely original, it had an expected auction price of $10.8 million to $13.6 million. It sold for an impressive $18 million:

54874b18eab8eade2e9000d7

Forum List

Back