Meanwhile, in fdr's Concentration Camps....

Hell, want a good laugh?

Ask any member of the military that spent time on Japan. I bet most in the US have absolutely no idea that we get our own license plates, to show that we are Americans.

jdm-formal-license-plate-3.png

Now the first thing on the left side is (normally) a Japanese letter. This is not unlike any license in the rest of the world. However, the plates issued to Americans is the only one that does not have a Japanese hiragana letter there, but one in the typical Roman Script. And it is a "Y", which stands for "Yankee". Yep, used in a derogatory manner the same as "Jap" was used during the war.

japan3.jpg

So go ahead and think on that a bit. They actually use a standard Roman letter to signify on our license plates that we are "Yankees". And they still do it to this day. Meanwhile, you can drive anywhere in the US and there is absolutely no way to tell if the person who owns a car is a US citizen or not.

Yet in Japan every car driven by an American servicemember reflects that on their license plate.
Unkotare does not like your post

He can dish it out be he cant take it

Almost 47,000 of 140,000 died in Japanese camps. 1862 died in US internment camps of 120,000.

The Japanese had nothing to eat. But why died in US camps 1862 US-Americans? I know from an USA-American with German roots who came in 1945 to Germany - when Germany was totally destroyed. He gave up his US-American citizenship and became a German although he had nothing to do with Nazis. He was angry about what the USA had done with him. ... By the way: Nearly no one here was able to understand his heavy reaction. Many Germans had preferred to live in the USA at this moment of history instead to be in ... hmm ... what soon will be called "Trizonesia".

Last edited:
That death rate is actually lower than the death rate of defense workers at that time. It's probably lower than the death rate of normal civilians as well but I haven't researched that.

I did not ask you why nearly not had happened what had happened. I ask: How died during world war 2 nearly 2000 people in a kind of US-American pow camp for citizens of the USA? More concrete: What was the reason(s) why they died?

And I do not think the people in such camps had been normal civilians (males and females from 1-120 years) or had been [like] "defense workers" - whatever this could mean.

Last edited:
I did not ask you why nearly not had happened what had happened. I ask: How died during world war 2 nearly 2000 people in a kind of US-American pow camp for citizens of the USA? More concrete: What was the reason(s) why they died?

And I do not think the people in such camps had been normal civilians (males and females from 1-120 years) or had been [like] "defense workers" - whatever this could mean.
Defense workers were those men and women working in factories, aircraft plants and shipyards building the means to victory. Rosie the Riveters in other words.

Defense workers were those men and women working in factories, aircraft plants and shipyards building the means to victory. Rosie the Riveters in other words.

Did they work there on their own free will or did they work there because they had been forced to do so? How much money did they get compared with other equivalent jobs at this time of history?

Did they work there on their own free will or did they work there because they had been forced to do so? How much money did they get compared with other equivalent jobs at this time of history?
No one was forced into defense jobs, it was considered a patriotic thing to help produce the weapons and supplies American troops needed to defeat Hitler, Mussolini and Togo. Defense jobs paid better than farming and depending on the skills needed could pay very well. During WWII there weren't many industrial jobs that weren't defense jobs.

No one was forced into defense jobs, it was considered a patriotic thing to help produce the weapons and supplies American troops needed to defeat Hitler, Mussolini and Togo.

Wonderful patriotism. In Germany under the Nazis the people had been only 5% as patriotic as you sound. Most Germans had been forced to be members of the Reichsarbeitsdienst although good old Germany had been attacked from evil murderous enemies like the USA.

Defense jobs paid better than farming and depending on the skills needed could pay very well. During WWII there weren't many industrial jobs that weren't defense jobs.

Why did you not just simple order what you needed in Germany? In world war 1 German companies for example delivered detonators for grenades to the Brits. And in world war 2 the strategic expert Karl Valentin anyway suggested to reduce the costs for aviation fuel by bombing down Britania with British bombers and Germany with German bombers.

By the way: Why did you have the feeling you have to defend the allmighty English empire against us unimportant German idiots?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back