McDonald's president who made $7.4 million last year says proposal to pay fast-food workers $22 an hour is 'costly and job-destroying'

Not at all. Of course they want to make profit. That's the idea of having a business in the first place. But there is only so much profit one can make while staying nose to nose with competitors.

Labor and benefits is the largest expenditure for most any business. You try to get the labor done paying the least just like you or I do when we hire a mechanic, a plumber, a lawn care company. Businesses don't do anything different than what we do.
True. But then they also don't expect people to do a good job and of course they shouldn't. Effort is tied to pay.

True. But then they also don't expect people to do a good job and of course they shouldn't. Effort is tied to pay.

Sometimes but not always. The last research I read was that increased pay doesn't make workers work any harder. What they found is bonuses do. I've had to pay plumbers or HVAC people over $100.00 an hour when I needed something immediately. I've paid plumbers and HVAC people less than that when it's something I didn't have to have right away and they did just as good of a job.

If you don't like the President of McDonalds making $7.2 million a year and not paying his workers $22/hr then don't do business with them. Problem solved.

I don't do business with them because they use too many Negroes in their ads and they have shitty food.

See how it works?
McDonalds offended a Klansman. Ya, I`ll boycott too! :rolleyes:

Twenty five years ago I was earning $50 an hour plus incentive bonuses.
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE you were!
I have a theory

When the economy is strong and unemployment low, service and food quality at fast food restaurants goes in the toilet as the Mc's of the world hire the absolute bottom of the barrel for their jobs.

Raise the pay and get better employees. Imagine as a business
Lowering theft
Lowering loss costs
Having people show up sober and on time
Increasing quality of the product

Maybe Mr McDonald should be forced to eat at his restaurants for 6 months or so.
They hire anyone willing to show up and work. Unfortunately, many people are not willing to do that.

For the extra money the restaurant would rightly expect a better performing employee.
If you meet that requirement, great.
If the manufacturing job wants you then they would have to offer incentives, higher wages.

I don't see your issue with this.

The issue with this is, the higher companies start paying people, the higher prices for goods and services become. In the end it all equals out until people start bitching they want to be paid higher wages again.

If the people of a state vote for something and I do not live in that state I'm not sure why it's any of my business or why I should care.
Because, as a country we share certain values - otherwise, what's the point?

Sadly those values don't seem to be people being able to live on the wage they make.
So it would seem. Regardless, you get why the decisions of some states would be the concern of other's, right? I mean, if Georgia decided to give slavery another chance, you'd oppose it, right? I assume we all would and their membership in the Union would be in jeopardy.

And he's 100% correct! $22.00 an hour for entry level burger flippers is ridiculous!

'Business Insider' is a leftwing site, and they're doing their best to guilt-trip anyone who opposes paying these kind of entry level wages.

Just think how much more profit they could make if they just paid the workers 4 dollars an hour..and then got the rest of the fast food industry to pay similar wages.....lowering the min wage is the only way to protect our future

So it would seem. Regardless, you get why the decisions of some states would be the concern of other's, right? I mean, if Georgia decided to give slavery another chance, you'd oppose it, right?

As it would violate the Constitution yes. State minimum wage is up to the states.

I really don't get why every single job must provide a "living wage" (whatever that's supposed to mean). If I want to work for less that what someone else thinks is "minimal", why is that problem? Why is it anyone else's business?

As it would violate the Constitution yes. State minimum wage is up to the states.
We're talking about the general concept - the answer to your question: "If the people of a state vote for something and I do not live in that state I'm not sure why it's any of my business or why I should care."

We're talking about the general concept - the answer to your question: "If the people of a state vote for something and I do not live in that state I'm not sure why it's any of my business or why I should care."

I'm not writing a dissertation. No one would read it anyway. One had to keep it simple for people to read. This is a state's issue and hence not my concern.

I'm not writing a dissertation. No one would read it anyway. One had to keep it simple for people to read. This is a state's issue and hence not my concern.
Yeah. And I'm telling you why that's bullshit - not a morally responsible position. But you're one argumentative twat to be sure, so whatever. Fuck off?

i agree for the most part…the only issue is some dembots might win congress and the white house and bailout the state like they did with NY and Cali in 2021. Much needed tax dollars that could of been spent somewhere else

Exactly. Having to explain this to someone who frequents political forums is just sad.

Yeah. And I'm telling you why that's bullshit - not a morally responsible position. But you're one argumentative twat to be sure, so whatever. Fuck off?

Care if you wish. I don't care about that either. Just because I don't, doesn't mean anything to you.

Happy now, you stupid, lazy assholes? These are not supposed to be jobs to raise a family on. These are first jobs, not careers. You want to make them pay like they are something else? They will find a way to get rid of them.

Forum List

Back