McConnell caves in to pressure on relief bill

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell expects to back a coronavirus relief deal when Democrats and the Trump administration reach one, even if he opposes pieces of it, the Kentucky Republican said Tuesday.

“Wherever this thing settles between the president of the United States and his team, that have to sign it into law, and the Democrat not insignificant minority in the Senate and majority in the House, is something I’m prepared to support even if I have some problems with certain parts of it,” he told reporters after the weekly Senate Republican policy lunch, which White House negotiators Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and chief of staff Mark Meadows attended.

Wasn't he making blustery threats last week to not pass a bill that didn't contain protections for doctors and hospitals against malpractice suits? Jeeeeeeeeez, what a p*ssy.

He and the rest of the Republicans have little choice at this point. My guess is he'll get enough votes to pass a package and let the Senators who are in tough re-election fights or in conservative districts vote against it.

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell expects to back a coronavirus relief deal when Democrats and the Trump administration reach one, even if he opposes pieces of it, the Kentucky Republican said Tuesday.

“Wherever this thing settles between the president of the United States and his team, that have to sign it into law, and the Democrat not insignificant minority in the Senate and majority in the House, is something I’m prepared to support even if I have some problems with certain parts of it,” he told reporters after the weekly Senate Republican policy lunch, which White House negotiators Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and chief of staff Mark Meadows attended.

Wasn't he making blustery threats last week to not pass a bill that didn't contain protections for doctors and hospitals against malpractice suits? Jeeeeeeeeez, what a p*ssy.

Oh, you poor Baby. For the first time, Moscow Mitch does the right thing and you can't stand it. At some point, he either starts doing his friggin job or come Jan 2, someone else will. Rump isn't protecting him so good in his home state anymore.

Has anyone considered the reason why congressional Repubs refuse to consider a relief bill that is adequate for the magnitude of the economic crisis is because they assume Biden wins and they want to saddle him with as weak an economy as possible?

Also, they can pretend to care about the debt again.

Forum List

Back