Mayor Lori Lightfoot says talks with CTU to avert a strike will stretch into the evening, calls for urgency in reaching a deal to reopen schools

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Negotiations between the Chicago Public Schools and Chicago Teachers Union over reopening schools continued throughout Tuesday and were expected to continue into the evening, Mayor Lori Lightfoot and CPS CEO Janice Jackson said in a statement as they try to head off a teachers strike.
The pair called for urgency, saying it’s “critical that we work through the remaining issues in a timely manner so that our families and staff can fully focus on the high quality education our students deserve.”

... Lightfoot said the issues still at stake are vaccines and accommodations for teachers with health concerns. She said the city has provided thousands of accommodations to teachers who are worried about their safety, but union representatives have stressed too few accommodations were granted. The union also shared a social media post Monday with a link to a December Tribune story regarding the number of accommodation requests that were denied.

She blamed this on the "previous administration" and the vaccine shortage. That's ain't it.

Larry Lootfoot is the second most incompetent Mayor in the nation....A very close second to the carpetbagging beta male loser Jacob Frey.

He's running for reelection. I'm not sure why.

Larry Lootfoot is the second most incompetent Mayor in the nation....A very close second to the carpetbagging beta male loser Jacob Frey.

Because Minneopolitans are stupid enough to re-elect him, and he's just barely smart enough to know it.

The place was nutty when I grew up there....It has gone full woketard since Oboingo...Anyone with a lick of sense has moved to the 'burbs, upstate, Wisconsin, or South Dakota.

I don't know why her last name is "Lightfoot."

It should be "Lori Clubfoot" or "Lori Two Left Feet" or something.

She's a complete idiot. Not a partial idiot, but a complete idiot.

God must have had a box of leftover idiot parts when He made her and glued them all together into one complete idiot.

He does that sometimes, I( don't know why. But He's God so He can do whatever He wants to. Even if it's making complete idiots to annoy the rest of us.

Because Minneopolitans are stupid enough to re-elect him, and he's just barely smart enough to know it.

The place was nutty when I grew up there....It has gone full woketard since Oboingo...Anyone with a lick of sense has moved to the 'burbs, upstate, Wisconsin, or South Dakota.

I'm surprised there is anyone still left in that city after this last year.

I have several friends who left....I won't even drive through the dump, if it can be avoided.

The only reason there's still anyone left in Chicago is because of the current ammunition shortage. Were it not for that, those Chicagoans would have killed each other off by now.

They have people like me to thank for not having killed each other off by now. Myself and others like me, who have been hoarding up all the ammo for the last couple years. As long as all that ammo is in my garage, they won't be killing each other off anytime soon.

I feel proud that I'm doing my civic duty to keep all that ammunition off the streets. I should have been a Democrat.

:04:

The only reason there's still anyone left in Chicago is because of the current ammunition shortage. Were it not for that, those Chicagoans would have killed each other off by now.

They have people like me to thank for not having killed each other off by now. Myself and others like me, who have been hoarding up all the ammo for the last couple years. As long as all that ammo is in my garage, they won't be killing each other off anytime soon.

I feel proud that I'm doing my civic duty to keep all that ammunition off the streets.

They've moved to Lake County....But they're fucking up that place as fast as they can.

I feel proud that I'm doing my civic duty to keep all that ammunition off the streets.

They've moved to Lake County....But they're fucking up that place as fast as they can.

Weird. I can remember when the worst threat in Chi-Town was supposed to be those American Nazis in Skokie.

Those Nazi goobers are slackers, they don't have anything near the body count those Chicago pavement apes have.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

I think the Blues Brothers movie was wrong. It doesn't seem to be any of those mysterious "Illinois Nazis" who are shooting 4-year old black kids in the hood.

Someone fibbed.

Forum List

Back