Zone1 Maybe we need a Booker T. Washington day.

I disagree. So what do you think of Booker T Washington day? Or did you just show up to try and derail my thread?

National Holiday? No
Designate a day? Why not?

Do you agree the south should have more monuments honoring slaves and Civil Rights than they do for Confederate heroes

This great man who was born into slavery, rose above it and provided education countless thousands of other former Black slaves and Black Americans so that they could lead successful lives. I'm all for a Booker T Washington Day, I see no reason why he should not be honored.
This is racism. It's expected that the odd man out example will be used in that way.

Track records mean something on this board.

National Holiday? No

Do you agree the south should have more monuments honoring slaves and Civil Rights than they do for Confederate heroes
Make no mistake on what motivates the extreme right.

National Holiday? No

So that's the new criterion as long as the South has more slave monuments than Confederate heroes? If that makes you happy then start building new monuments and leave ALL of our historical monuments alone.

So that's the new criterion as long as the South has more slave monuments than Confederate heroes? If that makes you happy then start building new monuments and leave ALL of our historical monuments alone.
How about we let the cities decide what monuments they will have?
Cities decided to put them up, they should decide if they want to keep them

How about leave our history alone and not destroy it? "Cities" don't destroy statues, misguided people do.

Whose history? The slave holders

Why were those monuments put up?
Because blacks in those cities were not allowed to vote. If they objected to monuments to slave holders they would lose their jobs, get beaten up or a visit from the klan.

Now blacks vote, they run those cities. They don’t want to look at those monuments that were forced on them

Whose history? The slave holders

Why were those monuments put up?
Because blacks in those cities were not allowed to vote. If they objected to monuments to slave holders they would lose their jobs, get beaten up or a visit from the klan.

Now blacks vote, they run those cities. They don’t want to look at those monuments that were forced on them
Then start a thread on statues, this thread is about Booker T Washington.

Then start a thread on statues, this thread is about Booker T Washington.

I already told you
Tear down Confederate Statues and honor Booker T Washington and Civil Rights heroes

Civil Rights heroes deserve it more than Confederate heroes

Statues with the sole purpose of making a public and visible statement for racism.
That's what it's really all about Mike.
Your bad behaviour is coming back to bite you ass mike.
Looks like there are plenty of Democrat/Liberals who like the idea of Booker T Washington Day. Why don't you start your own thread about a famous Canadian instead of your usual weak attempt to smear me. How about Dudley Do-Right Day?

ITs a short hop and skip from removing Confederate monuments to erasing monuments of the Founders. I think this is where they are headed. total erasure of of history.

This great man who was born into slavery, rose above it and provided education countless thousands of other former Black slaves and Black Americans so that they could lead successful lives. I'm all for a Booker T Washington Day, I see no reason why he should not be honored.
He will never have his own holiday because he wasn't murdered and therefore did not become a martyr.

Had MLK Jr. not been assassinated, hardly anyone under 30 years old would know his name today.

Had MLK Jr. not been assassinated, hardly anyone under 30 years old would know his name today.

Nonsense
By 1968, MLK had already achieved most of his Civil Rights agenda.

It would have been great f he had lived to see Barack Obama elected

Forum List

Back