...Maybe this is a preview for this week's J6 hearings...

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
My avatar has on a couple of recent occasions posted about the website, 'Lawfare' as a source for added perspectives and nuance to today's events.
Well, we also scan the website '538'. It is sort of a wonkish strange site that offers insightful views on political events and personalities....but has this side gig of being a sports wonk site. Yeah, I don't quite get it either. In fact, I often think the 'political' stuff is really the side-gig.....and the NBA is what they really want to talk about.

Nonetheless, it is often well worth opening the site to see what they have. I first became aware of '538' at a lunch with an editor from Politifacts down in Sarasota. He had given a talk to a meeting and then several of us afterwards had lunch with him. A query put to him as to 'who does he trust in today's media'. He responded "538". Since then I have been a scanner of their headlines.

OK, that's the foreplay.
In today's edition of '538' they seem to be giving a preview of what we may see in the J6 hearings this week. That is, the right-wing white-nationalist gun-nut militia groups.

I'll offer a taster, and provide you a link (it is a free site, no paywall).
Here's the link:

What is interesting is the interconnections between the various extremists groups. I think we may be seeing this 'interconnectivity' phenomena in the upcoming testimony.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The taster:

"Mike Jensen keeps a database of bad guys. As a senior researcher at the University of Maryland’s National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), part of Jensen’s job is to identify violent events that occur in the U.S. and investigate whether the people involved have any ties to extremism. If they do, he adds them to his database.

.After the attack on the Capitol, Jensen started putting together a social network consisting of individuals who had been charged in relation to Jan. 6 and had existing ties to extremist organizations. He found many of the defendants had connections to extremist groups prior to Jan. 6, and that these groups were connected to one another. Relationships between defendants and a shared belief in the Big Lie forged new connections between these disparate groups.

More than 800 individuals have been charged in relation to the Jan. 6 attack. To identify who had existing ties to extremist organizations, Jensen analyzed court filings, news reports and social media posts. He found roughly a third of those charged had preexisting ties to extremist groups1 and nearly one in five also had verifiable contact with other defendants prior to Jan. 6."

Please stop trying to disenfranchise me and suppress my vote for the candidate of my choice, bro.

My avatar has on a couple of recent occasions posted about the website, 'Lawfare' as a source for added perspectives and nuance to today's events.
Well, we also scan the website '538'. It is sort of a wonkish strange site that offers insightful views on political events and personalities....but has this side gig of being a sports wonk site. Yeah, I don't quite get it either. In fact, I often think the 'political' stuff is really the side-gig.....and the NBA is what they really want to talk about.

Nonetheless, it is often well worth opening the site to see what they have. I first became aware of '538' at a lunch with an editor from Politifacts down in Sarasota. He had given a talk to a meeting and then several of us afterwards had lunch with him. A query put to him as to 'who does he trust in today's media'. He responded "538". Since then I have been a scanner of their headlines.

OK, that's the foreplay.
In today's edition of '538' they seem to be giving a preview of what we may see in the J6 hearings this week. That is, the right-wing white-nationalist gun-nut militia groups.

I'll offer a taster, and provide you a link (it is a free site, no paywall).
Here's the link:

What is interesting is the interconnections between the various extremists groups. I think we may be seeing this 'interconnectivity' phenomena in the upcoming testimony.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The taster:

"Mike Jensen keeps a database of bad guys. As a senior researcher at the University of Maryland’s National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), part of Jensen’s job is to identify violent events that occur in the U.S. and investigate whether the people involved have any ties to extremism. If they do, he adds them to his database.

.After the attack on the Capitol, Jensen started putting together a social network consisting of individuals who had been charged in relation to Jan. 6 and had existing ties to extremist organizations. He found many of the defendants had connections to extremist groups prior to Jan. 6, and that these groups were connected to one another. Relationships between defendants and a shared belief in the Big Lie forged new connections between these disparate groups.

More than 800 individuals have been charged in relation to the Jan. 6 attack. To identify who had existing ties to extremist organizations, Jensen analyzed court filings, news reports and social media posts. He found roughly a third of those charged had preexisting ties to extremist groups1 and nearly one in five also had verifiable contact with other defendants prior to Jan. 6."

As opposed to the extremists organizations of BLM and Antifa? Do they know how many rioters, looters, cop killers, murderers, arsonist, etc, have ties to these extremist groups. No and they don't give a shit either. In that lies the difference. One need only look at photos of the rioters to see which ones were violent and threat to Americans.

Forum List

Back