Matt Dolan lost to JD Vance in Ohio. But isn’t giving up on a post-Trump GOP: is forming PAC designed to boost pragmatic candidates including himself

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Matt Dolan would have won the primary in a state like Virginia, but Ohio? The white-trash element is too strong. And Ohio is much more representative of the GOP electorate than Virginia. IMO he's wasting his time; that party doesn't want people like him.

excerpts:

In the final month of Ohio’s hard-fought Republican Senate primary, Matt Dolan had a surge in momentum that stunned political observers. They assumed a candidate defying Donald Trump wouldn’t find traction with GOP primary voters.

Now Dolan is plotting his next moves in Republican politics: Namely, his quest to push the GOP – in Ohio and elsewhere – past its obsession with Trump

In an interview, Dolan told POLITICO that his plan includes launching a federal leadership PAC and likely making another bid for statewide office.

“This isn’t an obituary for me,” said Dolan, a part-owner of the Cleveland Guardians baseball team who put more than $10 million of his own money into his Senate bid that drew about a quarter of the vote for a close, third-place finish.

In the final month of Ohio’s hard-fought Republican Senate primary, Matt Dolan had a surge in momentum that stunned political observers. They assumed a candidate defying Donald Trump wouldn’t find traction with GOP primary voters.
Now there's a crock of shit. Mandel and Dolan each lost to Vance by 9 points. Dolan was in the race for 2 months less than Vance so comparing it to the other three is just plain silly.

Mandel had the lead almost the entire time, but he is a terrible candidate. Been an Ohioan all my life and I have never liked Josh Mandel even a little bit. Big mouth, overly ambitious and would stab you in the back if he thought it would make headway for him. There was a fourth candidate, forget his name, he was a business guy with too much macho and too little substance. Both he and Mandel started strong and faded a ton as people began to pay attention. They also fought like teenagers during the debates. This helped both Dolan and Vance, but Vance is the guy picked by Ohio pubbies, by 9 points over the RINO Dolan, who was my state senator for ages. Also one of the idiots responsible for changing the name of the Cleveland INDIANS to the idiotic Guardians.

WOW.. a Republican Elitest swamp dweller loses to a Republican Populist and America first Person... And now he creates a super pack because he is a butt hurt elitist who wants the swamp to continue... This isn't going to go over well...

Forum List

Back