Mass Psychosis - how entire populations become mentally ill.

You've made no case. I made a case for subjective morality in the form of subjective laws and traditions. That isn't the same as objective morality existing in the real world. There's absolutely nothing objective about it.
I'm pretty sure saving another from drowning is a universal moral response that is not legislated by 'laws and traditions'.

I'm pretty sure saving another from drowning is a universal moral response.
You have real world examples of that not being the case. Trans Atlantic slavers would push slaves over board, chained together, men, women and children, if they were sick, to protect the rest of their shipment.

We may be confusing subjective morality with selective morality.
No. Let me know when you have the courage to make a real argument rather than prefrencing it meekly with the word may. Objective means not influenced by personal opinion. There is no notion of morality that meets this description.

Of course, I can reply to you directly.

I would like to thank you for providing such a salient example of the very sort of mass psychosis in question.
Your inability to make a rational argument isn't evidence of anything other than that. :dunno:

No. Let me know when you have the courage to make a real argument rather than prefrencing it meekly with the word may. Objective means not influenced by personal opinion. There is no notion of morality that meets this description.
As a Christian I must disagree. Agape requires beneficent dutiful action when all else fails.

Doesn't 'rational' have two opposing meanings, objective and subjective.
No. It means based in accordance with reason and logic. Religion is the domain of faith, not reason and logic. If you had reason to believe in God then faith would be worthless.

Forum List

Back