Masks

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Remember when Fauci said that regular masks should not be worn back in March? He was right, regular masks do next to nothing to prevent Covid, only N 95 masks do, so why are they still not available to buy? Now Fauci says we need to use the essentially useless masks instead.

Exactly how much money does it take to produce these masks than it does the useless masks? It seems to me that it would be much less than the trillions of dollars the US government pays for other things. In fact, give me a hundred million and I'll provide enough masks for the entire nation instead of hording them in the basement of Bill Gates.

So as we all wear the useless masks, the virus will continue to spread, but perhaps that is what they really wanted all along.

1. There is a study that says that you need 3-layer masks to be somewhat effective, not 1-ply home-made masks.

2. Hospitals want more PPE. OK, so you tell me why the US moved so many factories to China (12,000) over the last 30-years, and why 97% of US pharmaceuticals are made in China? The US really needs to bring back critical manufacturing to the US.

I personally feel a mask should help. That's not a scientific opinion obviously, but, I just think that it must decrease some spreading of saliva or whatever fluid might be in the air if someone sneezes or drools when they scream. Some say it does nothing unless it's a medical mask, so who knows?

One question I wonder about though, if Walmart and the other Big Box stores are now saying that people don't need to wear masks, what does that say about the science that THEY believe in or have been advised on?

Just a thought.

Remember when Fauci said that regular masks should not be worn back in March? He was right, regular masks do next to nothing to prevent Covid, only N 95 masks do, so why are they still not available to buy? Now Fauci says we need to use the essentially useless masks instead.

Exactly how much money does it take to produce these masks than it does the useless masks? It seems to me that it would be much less than the trillions of dollars the US government pays for other things. In fact, give me a hundred million and I'll provide enough masks for the entire nation instead of hording them in the basement of Bill Gates.

So as we all wear the useless masks, the virus will continue to spread, but perhaps that is what they really wanted all along.
Those statements were made very early in the game, and now with more knowledge, the game has changed. Masks are not the catch-all, but they certainly help along with social distancing, staying away from crowded places like beaches, bars, clubs, riots. Just do your part instead of bitching, whining, meowing, and moaning about it.
The medical profession knows a lot more than you, who gets information from amateur Trump.

Masks are like a condom. After 3 minutes, they are filled with shit you would rather not discuss.

For the sensible readers check out the rating of the mask you buy. We used level one medical masks but recently purchased level two from Amazon. Be safe out there, masks help and it is proven.

Those statements were made very early in the game, and now with more knowledge, the game has changed. Masks are not the catch-all, but they certainly help along with social distancing, staying away from crowded places like beaches, bars, clubs, riots. Just do your part instead of bitching, whining, meowing, and moaning about it.
The medical profession knows a lot more than you, who gets information from amateur Trump.
Masks have been proven effective in other countries and it makes sense that the better the mask the better the protection.

One question I wonder about though, if Walmart and the other Big Box stores are now saying that people don't need to wear masks, what does that say about the science that THEY believe in or have been advised on?
I'd bet the reason is that customers come in and argue and threaten the store workers.

No, hospital workers use N 95 masks for patient infected with the flu. Standard masks are not effective enough to use instead for an air born virus. This is old data, nothing new to see here.

And yes, it is the same in hospitals with plenty of regular masks but a "shortage" of N 95 masks.

1. There is a study that says that you need 3-layer masks to be somewhat effective, not 1-ply home-made masks.

2. Hospitals want more PPE. OK, so you tell me why the US moved so many factories to China (12,000) over the last 30-years, and why 97% of US pharmaceuticals are made in China? The US really needs to bring back critical manufacturing to the US.
Yet we have plenty of regular masks? Why? Why is it that we have plenty of regular masks but no N 95 masks? Are all the regular making mask factories in the US? LOL.

Again, makes no sense.

A cloth mask is not meant to be 100% effective and no one ever said it would be.

What it does is reduce the area of a persons breath plume so it is less likely to travel the maximum possible distance. When coupled with distancing this will make transmission less likely.

This isn't rocket science

A cloth mask is not meant to be 100% effective and no one ever said it would be.

What it does is reduce the area of a persons breath plume so it is less likely to travel the maximum possible distance. When coupled with distancing this will make transmission less likely.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about how effective other masks are in preventing virus spread. The bottom line is that hospitals REQUIRE N 95 masks to be used to prevent viral infection, so why are they not being massed produced for everyone, and why are there still shortages in hospitals

I don't hear anyone talking about this on either side of the issue

Very bizarre.

Walmart has backed off their earlier stance that everyone had to wear a mask and now they say they will serve guests who don't wear masks.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about how effective other masks are in preventing virus spread. The bottom line is that hospitals REQUIRE N 95 masks to be used to prevent viral infection, so why are they not being massed produced for everyone, and why are there still shortages in hospitals

Very bizarre.
They require N 95 masks because the hospital staff is dealing with people who are actively infected and symptomatic.

The general public is not. So any reduction is transmission used in the general public should be enough to slow the spread of the virus which is all cloth masks have ever been for.

Very bizarre.
They require N 95 masks because the hospital staff is dealing with people who are actively infected and symptomatic.

The general public is not. So any reduction is transmission used in the general public should be enough to slow the spread of the virus which is all cloth masks have ever been for.
You are incorrect. I know someone who works at a hospital and they are using N 95 masks for patients who have not been cleared as Covid negative. Everyone in hospitals are being asked to be tested and treated as if they have Covid unless otherwise proved not to have the virus.

The virus is being spread mostly from people who have no symptoms or have next to no symptoms.

Very bizarre.

You are incorrect. I know someone who works at a hospital and they are using N 95 masks for patients who have not been cleared as Covid negative. Everyone in hospitals are being asked to be tested and treated as if they have Covid unless otherwise proved not to have the virus.

The virus is being spread mostly from people who have no symptoms or have next to no symptoms.
If a patient has not been cleared as negative it is only prudent to consider that patient as COVID positive until the test results come in especially if those patients are showing any symptoms at all.

That's just common sense.

No, hospital workers use N 95 masks for patient infected with the flu. Standard masks are not effective enough to use instead for an air born virus. This is old data, nothing new to see here.

And yes, it is the same in hospitals with plenty of regular masks but a "shortage" of N 95 masks.
Masks help. When you are close to someone and you cough, sneeze or spit particles as you talk, a mask is beneficial. This is old data. Nothing new here.

Masks have been proven effective in other countries and it makes sense that the better the mask the better the protection.

I'd bet the reason is that customers come in and argue and threaten the store workers.
True, but Walmart has changed that approach. Masks are now required.

True, but Walmart has changed that approach. Masks are now required.
Walmart has said a few days ago they will still serve customers not wearing masks read the article i posted on this thread

Forum List

Back