Mark Meadows’s irrelevant memories about whether Trump declassified documents: The President declassified the documents by taking the documents.

Neither was Trump charged until he lied to the FBI and didn't turn over all his classified documents. See how Trump goes too far?t

I don't disagree but that's not the law. "You are only charged if you are obstinate".

I also believe Trump made the penalty for doing this harsher when he was president. So he has only himself to blame. He made what he did a felony with prison time. What was he thinking? Probably that the laws didn't apply to him. No ones going to lock up a former president right? Yea, that's what Trump was thinking. What's the word for that? Brazen?

I'm NOT trying to defend Trump.

Yep.

And they have the standard fallback: Anything that doesn't go their way, like this law, a court ruling or a verdict, ONLY happened because the courts are rigged.

How HANDY is THAT!

:spinner:
And the only reason Trump gets away with things is because the courts are rigged. The 3 justices he appointed gave him a pass on breaking laws. Hell, does anyone think the Supreme Court is a legitimate court? After seeing how many billionaires shower Clarence Thomas with gifts?

And the only reason Trump gets away with things is because the courts are rigged. The 3 justices he appointed gave him a pass on breaking laws. Hell, does anyone think the Supreme Court is a legitimate court? After seeing how many billionaires shower Clarence Thomas with gifts?

What crimes was this that the court ruled on?

Biden didn't obstruct the recovery of the documents. That's what Trump is on the hook for.

And according to Republicans, Biden had the power and authority to declassify any documents he wanted. Without following a process. Just him and Obama sat in room, waved their hands over the stuff and said Declassified. Done. Just like Trump did.

Only when the FBI asked for the stuff back, Biden gave it back. Trump tried to make copies and hide shit and he lied to FBI. Last time I checked that's against the law. Especially when you are no longer president.

What crimes was this that the court ruled on?

The Foreign Emoluments Clause applies to federal officials, including the president, prohibiting them from accepting money or gifts from foreign governments unless they receive permission from Congress. (Of course, Congress never gave Trump permission to keep foreign emoluments because he never bothered to ask.)

They didn't rule on this

The Foreign Emoluments Clause applies to federal officials, including the president, prohibiting them from accepting money or gifts from foreign governments unless they receive permission from Congress. (Of course, Congress never gave Trump permission to keep foreign emoluments because he never bothered to ask.)

They didn't rule on this

So three justices could not have done that alone.

And according to Republicans, Biden had the power and authority to declassify any documents he wanted. Without following a process. Just him and Obama sat in room, waved their hands over the stuff and said Declassified. Done. Just like Trump did.

Only when the FBI asked for the stuff back, Biden gave it back. Trump tried to make copies and hide shit and he lied to FBI. Last time I checked that's against the law. Especially when you are no longer president.
Trump's document case is basically open and shut. He has no legitimate defense for having documents after the archives asked him to return everything.

Trump's document case is basically open and shut. He has no legitimate defense for having documents after the archives asked him to return everything.

Seems to me it's illegal to simply take them.

And why. We'd love to go over those documents, see what they were about and ask them/Trump why he took/declassified them.
Good question
What was Trumps justification for declassifying ?

I didn’t want to be bothered with securing them is not a good answer

I didn’t realize they were there is a reasonable defense

But Trump has repeatedly said he took them on purpose and knew they were there

Seems to me it's illegal to simply take them.
I really think he only took em because it gave him a feeling of still being president. I don't think that Trump can successfully articulate why he took em.

I really think he only took em because it gave him a feeling of still being president. I don't think that Trump can successfully articulate why he took em.

I'm doubting Biden nor Pence can either.

So three justices could not have done that alone.
No you are right. How many justices did Bush appoint?

Consider this. Before Trump appointed 3 right wing justices, the supreme court already leaned to the right. Look how they gave 2000 to Bush.

And that was pre Bush. How many justices did Bush and Trump appoint? 5? All Heritage Foundation Judges??

No you are right. How many justices did Bush appoint?

Consider this. Before Trump appointed 3 right wing justices, the supreme court already leaned to the right. Look how they gave 2000 to Bush.

And that was pre Bush. How many justices did Bush and Trump appoint? 5? All Heritage Foundation Judges??

I have no idea how the judges voted. Neither do you.

Their stuff got lost in the shuffle. Careless, sloppy, call it what you will. Neither Biden nor Pence suffer from the personality disorder Trump is afflicted with.

Trump admitted he took them on purpose

I didn’t realize they were there is a reasonable defense

But Trump has repeatedly said he took them on purpose and knew they were there

Trump is so busted but of course Republicans will lie for him and say we can't prove the documents he was showing guests were not actually top secret classified documents. He was just showing off. Lying. Like when he bragged about grabbing women's pussies.

No one's buying that.

Forum List

Back