Marine Corps ball cancelled

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
Well that's telling. We live about 10 miles from Quantico and there will be some mumbling.

cancel.jpeg

The "defense" budget is about 1/6 of the total federal spending, not including black budget and is built into our economy so it is political suicide to address for politicians. This is a lot of money, and causes unending jockeying for a share among the heads of these fiefdoms. It also reflects emerging and conflicting thoughts on projected needs for this resource as the political landscape shifts. The whole mission and responsibilities of the DoD should be completely reexamined, not just uniforms. A believable financial audit would be a good idea too. The emerging "space force" is still evolving, and will have their proponents too, increasing competition. I would suggest bringing the Coast Guard under the DoD and back to their original mission in the US, and transferring the Marines to them to enforce some sensible laws before it is too late. With some muscle the CG could make an impact on illegal migration, drug interdiction, and weapon smuggling if they were not hamstrung by corrupt politicians. I think that current heads believe we could participate in wars ( I say participate because "winning" wars is unprofitable) with push buttons and misinformation. Getting rid of the Marines would precede a national draft, too. Yes, there is change ahead. How to Absorb the Marine Corps into the Army and Navy

~~~~~~
Strange.... The Marine Corps Birthday celebration has been held continually since the Corps was formed. Even during the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam etc.
Something is amiss.
The Marine Corps Ball is not cancelled everywhere. Just for the 26th MEU, which is deploying to the Middle East along with other troops.

I'm guessing this has some social agenda bullshit or some backdoor complaints. Even if they were worried about deployment that doesn't excuse it because it's not like they would be out of commission for days on end of anything.

That didn't actually explain why they cancelled it at all. If it was something as simple as budget they would have said so.

The Marine Corps is already a part of The US Navy, genius.

That's why marine stands for My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment.

But to be fair, unless you served or have some obscure bit of trivia in your head most people don't know that. They always appear to be seperated and on the surface do different jobs and associated with different things.

Build Back Better by cutting out military traditions, sounds like a democrats dream policy.

~~~~~~
Strange.... The Marine Corps Birthday celebration has been held continually since the Corps was formed. Even during the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam etc.
Something is amiss.
I wonder if it is also possible they expect the government to be shut down then.

Forum List

Back