Marijuana

The advantages outweigh the disadvantages imo. Like alcohol, people who can't handle it should stay away from it, but the benefits of using marijuana should not be denied to those who choose to use it because some people have addictive personalities. If we did that with everything else, there would be no alcohol, no pain killers, no junk food. The list goes on.

How can anyone know if they could handle it or not until they have already done it many times and do not realize until it is too late that it has ruined their lives?

The advantages outweigh the disadvantages imo. Like alcohol, people who can't handle it should stay away from it, but the benefits of using marijuana should not be denied to those who choose to use it because some people have addictive personalities. If we did that with everything else, there would be no alcohol, no pain killers, no junk food. The list goes on.

How can anyone know if they could handle it or not until they have already done it many times and do not realize until it is too late that it has ruined their lives?

What if it doesn't ruin your life??

Then smoke it or take it all you like, but do not support making it legal which sends a message to children, young adults, etc. that it is not imminently dangerous to many which it is.

Marijuana is just one of those issues. Personally, I dislike it because I like having control of my senses, while not killing my body. Like with alcohol and cigarettes, I don't partake. Should it be legalized? I don't know. Unwise teenagers and adults will do it regardless. I live with two individuals who smoke marijuana, and one of them is now always coughing up phlegm because of it. The other is... not that intelligent. That's said with respect.

It's likely carcinogenic. People have the right to harm their bodies. What's scary is driving or operating machinery while high. I'd rather not entertain various poisons/chemicals in my body, or tarnish the inner lining of my lungs with hot smoke. We do know that marijuana retards the brain development of teenagers, which in my opinion is a crying shame, because I suspect the damage is irreparable.

If I want to get high, I'll eat roasted turkey instead. :D

marijuana-marlboros.jpg

Then smoke it or take it all you like, but do not support making it legal which sends a message to children, young adults, etc. that it is not imminently dangerous to many which it is.

Sorry, but I don't live the Progressive subjugation..

With legalization of soft drugs, the number of accidents dramatically increased, including cases with children. Also, number of crimes committed in inadequate state increases.
Based on the statistic: sale of so-called "medical marijuana" remained stable, whereas the level of implementation of "recreational drugs" (which not used for medical reasons, and for fun or because of the resulting dependence) continues to grow. Number of "dependent" smokers in Colorado exceeds the level of all over the country (semi-annual turnover was in this state of 130 tonnes of cannabis). According to the study, 487 thousand. Persons over 21 years - it is about 9% of the state's population - use cannabis at least once a month
View attachment 31001

That is why marijuana is a gateway drug. Yes, it is fun, but most people are not satisfied with only that fun and search for other highs especially cocaine and ecstasy.
thats pretty debatable.....i did other things before pot,so did a lot of people i hung with.....alcohol and tobacco being the 2 biggest gateway drugs....

One can say the same about Cheeseburgers.

I see absolutely no difference between being intoxicated by THC (Tetrahydrocabinnol) or EtOH (Ethanol). Operation of ANY equipment while under the influence of either is most unwise.

Delivery methods are different: You cannot smoke EtOH, and EtOH must be grown, manufactured, and distilled in a relatively controlled process. THC takes a little more skill to harvest than corn.

I see a HUGE difference in the AFTER effect. THC leaves me feeling very well rested and refreshed. EtOH leaves me feeling poisoned (nauseated, tired). I don't smoke. 30mg of THC is about like 3-4 ounces of whiskey. The only issue may be timing: Edible THC will require about an hour to feel the effect while the whiskey is more immediate.

One other thing: THC stays in your body (stored in fat) MUCH longer than EtOH. If your employer or future employer asks for a UA (Urine Analysis) and you're positive for THC, then getting and keeping many jobs won't be possible.

I expect within 10 years, THC will be a common intoxicant, and most EtOH consumption will be regarded as something of an anachronism. People will drink EtOH because it is culturally as much a part of their lives as a fireplace is in most homes. It will be there mostly for show, but no one would consider replacing THC with EtOH.

Pot is not that dangerous.

Wrong.

THC is very dangerous to kids:

Unlike EtOH, which normally tastes awful to kids, products containing THC may look and taste like candy, and the effect of eating it is not immediately apparent. Kid could eat a chocolate bar containing 75mg THC (about 8-9 shots of whiskey) and feel nothing. So they eat ANOTHER bar.

Guess what happens an hour later? 150 mg is one helluva lot of THC for an adult that has not built a resistance, much less a kid. Parents who want to buy edibles need to be VERY concerned about kids getting their hands on them.

For many people, yea, it is not dangerous, but for a lot of people it is well known that marijuana causes mental illness.

NAMI Marijuana and Mental Illness

Certainly not all people who smoke marijuana will develop schizophrenia, but people who are at risk of developing this illness—including individuals with close family relatives that have severe mental illness—will be more likely to experience psychosis if they are using marijuana.

Frequent marijuana use can have a significant negative effect on the brains of teenagers and young adults, including cognitive decline, poor attention and memory, and decreased IQ, according to psychologists discussing public health implications of marijuana legalization at the American Psychological Association's 122nd Annual Convention. ...

Some research has shown that frequent use of high potency THC can increase risk of acute and future problems with depression, anxiety and psychosis...

Regular marijuana use bad for teens brains study finds -- ScienceDaily

Federal Report Marijuana Causes Mental Illness

May 3, 2005 -- Children who use marijuana before age 12 are twice as likely to later develop serious mental illness as those who don't try the drug until they're 18, according to a federal report released Tuesday.

Bush administration officials pointed to the study as growing evidence that smoking marijuana may cause mental illnesses -- including depression, schizophrenia, and suicide attempts -- in some people.

Smoking marijuana has been linked with an increased risk of mental illness, and now researchers say that when pot smokers do become mentally ill, the disease starts earlier than it would if they didn't smoke pot.

This means that serious psychiatric diseases that might not have shown up until kids were in their teens or twenties - or might never had developed at all are starting in children as young as 12 who smoke marijuana.

Smoking Pot May Hasten Onset of Mental Illness Fox News

For many people, yea, it is not dangerous, but for a lot of people it is well known that marijuana causes mental illness.

NAMI Marijuana and Mental Illness

Certainly not all people who smoke marijuana will develop schizophrenia, but people who are at risk of developing this illness—including individuals with close family relatives that have severe mental illness—will be more likely to experience psychosis if they are using marijuana.

Frequent marijuana use can have a significant negative effect on the brains of teenagers and young adults, including cognitive decline, poor attention and memory, and decreased IQ, according to psychologists discussing public health implications of marijuana legalization at the American Psychological Association's 122nd Annual Convention. ...

Some research has shown that frequent use of high potency THC can increase risk of acute and future problems with depression, anxiety and psychosis...

Regular marijuana use bad for teens brains study finds -- ScienceDaily

Federal Report Marijuana Causes Mental Illness

May 3, 2005 -- Children who use marijuana before age 12 are twice as likely to later develop serious mental illness as those who don't try the drug until they're 18, according to a federal report released Tuesday.

Bush administration officials pointed to the study as growing evidence that smoking marijuana may cause mental illnesses -- including depression, schizophrenia, and suicide attempts -- in some people.

Smoking marijuana has been linked with an increased risk of mental illness, and now researchers say that when pot smokers do become mentally ill, the disease starts earlier than it would if they didn't smoke pot.

This means that serious psychiatric diseases that might not have shown up until kids were in their teens or twenties - or might never had developed at all are starting in children as young as 12 who smoke marijuana.

Smoking Pot May Hasten Onset of Mental Illness Fox News

Correct.

THC like EtOH should not be legal for those under 21 years old.

Of course, there are opposing opinions because of the difficult nature involved. Nevertheless, for those starting out with pot, it is an enormous risk to take and rely on anyone's mere opinion that it won't go horribly wrong. A lifetime of mental illness is a incredibly high price to pay. Right?

Of course, there are opposing opinions because of the difficult nature involved. Nevertheless, for those starting out with pot, it is an enormous risk to take and rely on anyone's mere opinion that it won't go horribly wrong. A lifetime of mental illness is a incredibly high price to pay. Right?

For those "staring out with pot?"

What about those starting out with alcohol? No risk there. Right?

For those "staring out with pot?"

What about those starting out with alcohol? No risk there. Right?

Whatever the risks of alcohol are they do not change the consequences for some who have serious problems with weed.

Forum List

Back