Marijuana legalization backers hand in initiative petitions

If you ever see me driving out on the roads the following will let you know that I am stoned out of my fucking mind.

1. My hands are strategically placed and the traditional "10 and 2" positions.
2. I am driving in the right lane on the interstate
3. I am going 5 mph under the speed limit.
4. I flip my turn signal about 200 meters before I really should.
Here is an excellent example of how hazardous potheads are on the road.
This particular dope
1 - Cannot maintain a safe legal speed
2 - signals erratically because of skewed perception
3 - has his judgment so impaired that he still drives when stoned

As for the "You can't prove pot is involved because the impairment is short lived compared to the time it is detectable in the bloodstream" nonsense, that does not make it safer. It makes it less safe as the potheads can cause any number of fatalities and you cannot be sure the pot caused it because the pothead is certain to lie if questioned.

If you want me to support legalized Pt it would be under the following restrictions
1 Adults only. Anyone providing to kids is a capital offense.
2 Only in government facilities where you cannot leave until the impairment is ended.
3 All medical benefits (medicare, medicaid, etc) are lost for any disease which has a statistical correlation with drug use (lung cancer for example)
4 Users lose the right to vote on any tax or drug related issue.
5 users cannot hold public office at state or federal levels.

Take it or leave it.

I'd leave it. There are many more enlightened people than you - we don't need your support. This will pass, and eventually every state will pass similar laws.
You are on the wrong side of this issue. You believe the propaganda that was started by American paper and chemical companies to prevent people from growing Hemp in back in the 1930s.

capitol offense?

your insane.
No, I want to end the exploitation of minors by drug dealing scum. People might be leery of giving kids drugs if it were a capital offense.

You must be another pothead.

Killing people for something like pot is insanity.

Do you purpose the same for people who supply alcohol for minors?

It is stupidity and you have proven just how silly your thinking is.

No, I want to end the exploitation of minors by drug dealing scum. People might be leery of giving kids drugs if it were a capital offense.

If you think capital punishment works, you're obviously not looking at the statistics.

I'd leave it. There are many more enlightened people than you - we don't need your support. This will pass, and eventually every state will pass similar laws.
You are on the wrong side of this issue. You believe the propaganda that was started by American paper and chemical companies to prevent people from growing Hemp in back in the 1930s.

He probably believes Reefer Madness is a documentary. :eusa_eh:

Tell me about it especially considering weed isn't even lethal.

And why the hell should weed smokers be second class citizens when none of those restrictions apply to booze?

Because alcoholic isn't addictive! Duh! :rolleyes:

You might as well apply his laws to pretty much anything since anything can be addictive. Food included.

capitol offense?

your insane.

It would require large amounts of drugs to think that killing someone is morally justified when their crime was selling a non-lethal drug to a child.

And why the hell should weed smokers be second class citizens when none of those restrictions apply to booze?

You might as well apply his laws to pretty much anything since anything can be addictive. Food included.

Not only that, withdrawal from alcohol can kill a person. Not even heroin does that.

Not only that, withdrawal from alcohol can kill a person. Not even heroin does that.

Correct. Only Alcohol and Benzodiazapines (Valium, Xanax, Klonapin, etc)

Well, they all bind the same GABA receptor, so it makes sense.

I have been surprised to see how scared Drs. are of Benzos while not being scared of narcs. I think narcs are much more dangerous, but maybe it's the fear of withdrawal. Though, it's much easier to OD on narcs than benzos.

I have been surprised to see how scared Drs. are of Benzos while not being scared of narcs. I think narcs are much more dangerous, but maybe it's the fear of withdrawal. Though, it's much easier to OD on narcs than benzos.

Yea, I'll agree with that one too.

You seem like you've got some proffesional backround in the field?

I am just starting off. I am a mediocre medical student.

I am just starting off. I am a mediocre medical student.

Aha.

I used to work as a counselor in an in-patient rehab, if you're curious about my interest.

Aha.

I used to work as a counselor in an in-patient rehab, if you're curious about my interest.

I am. That must have been hard work.

In your experience, not counting alcohol, what is the most abused drug in America, and what is the most addictive?

It's hard to say what the most abused drug in America is - it's very much a regional thing. Meth use is growing at the fastest rate, but you still don't really see much meth on the east coast - I guess I'd say, after alcohol it would be opiates in general, OxyContin and various other Rxs are incredibly popular - at least where I worked.

Physical addiction? Chemically, nicotine. But that's not a really good way of looking at it - the physical addiction is nothing compared to the mental. I've seen people spend years in treatment for drugs with NO phyisical addictive properties, and keep relapsing and returning, and people who detoxed for 3 days and then never touched a drug again.

And when it comes to mental addictions, ANYTHING can be addictive.

In your experience, not counting alcohol, what is the most abused drug in America, and what is the most addictive?

Methadone (my guess).

Not mine, but close. Methadone is basically a lifelong alternative to heroin. It has a long half life and was developed to help people beat "cold turkey"*. In reality, people that are on methadone tend to stay on methadone, but it beats heroin.

My guess would be prescription narcotics (also opiates). I think if America could gaze at itself in the mirror and see the truth, it would be shocked at the number of people that are addicted to prescription narcotics (many of whom would never dream of touching an "illegal" drug like MJ) like vicoden or fentanyl patches.

*Fun fact: the term cold turkey comes from people who are withdrawing from opiates and get piloerection (hair on extremities stands up on end) so that the skin looks like that of a "cold turkey".

Methadone (my guess).

Nope, just the worst to detox from. The biggest issue I have with Methadone maintenance programs is that Methadone is worse than Heroin - whereas a serious Heroin user will experience 4-5 days of hell while detoxing, an equal user of Methadone will experience the same hell, but for nearly a month.

Forum List

Back